No Snow Under the Roof (by Prometheus)

Allsunday

LMAO!

The reason given by the author is: Mod file Hidden due to purpousely unendorsment tactic/blackmailing by some users for pursuing of their own requests.
Wich shows a total disrespect for the work done for that mod and the effort behind .

So much for ego killing potentially great mod.

Time to move on I guess.

I don't think any member of this community has ever shunned anyone

If you (as in all of you) want to cling to that illusion, I suggest you consider rephrasing your posts next time you enter such a discussion. You might also want to consider the fact that not everyone is a native English speaker, and might not take everything the same way you would. The way this mod page turned into a character assassination is embarrassing. I will say no more on the matter, and I suggest (although you, of course, have no obligation to listen to me) you do the same thing.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

If you (as in all of you) want to cling to that illusion, I suggest you consider rephrasing your posts next time you enter such a discussion. You might also want to consider the fact that not everyone is a native English speaker, and might not take everything the same way you would. The way this mod page turned into a character assassination is embarrassing. I will say no more on the matter, and I suggest (although you, of course, have no obligation to listen to me) you do the same thing.

It's only character assassination if it's not true. There's nothing subjective about ignoring constructive criticism/flaws/errors in a mod. It flat out happened, repeatedly. 

I posted the same thing on the mod page, so speaking personally? Not the least bit embarrassed -- except maybe for Prometheus.

Damn. Does anyone know if the last few versions of his mod can break anything in a saved game if they are removed (or moving from one version to the next)? I know that when I upgraded from version 2.1 to version 2.2 DG + DB version I got a warning while loading my saved game.

Or if the mod is not removed - does it break anything particularly important if I were to leave it installed?

Appreciate the feedback from whoever has an answer to these questions.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I used to recommend guys who are facing mod difficulty to check this forum because of the helpful community here! apparently I was mistaken how helpful this community is! so much pretence comments I see. 

Edited by MushRush

Damn. Does anyone know if the last few versions of his mod can break anything in a saved game if they are removed (or moving from one version to the next)? I know that when I upgraded from version 2.1 to version 2.2 DG + DB version I got a warning while loading my saved game.Or if the mod is not removed - does it break anything particularly important if I were to leave it installed?Appreciate the feedback from whoever has an answer to these questions.

If you upgraded from just the DG version then you probably got a warning about missing mod because the name of the ESP is different.

If you want to keep the last version, at the very least clean it with TES5Edit. After that, right click on the mod's name again and choose "sort masters" because those are out of order, too.

MushRush - I don't see any pretending going on... I actually think it's the opposite - people are being pretty honest here about their thoughts. Maybe that's why some found it to be insulting.

Noobsayer - Clean with TES5Edit in the way that the TES5Edit Guide recommends for mods ID'd by BOSS as having dirty edits, right? Sorting the masters is also to be done in TES5Edit, correct?

Would you say that the USKP conflicts are minor and that No Snow Under the Roof adds more than takes away from the conflict?

Appreciate your help, Noobsayer. :)

Edited by oqhansoloqo

MushRush - I don't see any pretending going on... I actually think it's the opposite - people are being pretty honest here about their thoughts. Maybe that's why some found it to be insulting.

Noobsayer - Clean with TES5Edit in the way that the TES5Edit Guide recommends for mods ID'd by BOSS as having dirty edits, right? Sorting the masters is also to be done in TES5Edit, correct?

Would you say that the USKP conflicts are minor and that No Snow Under the Roof adds more than takes away from the conflict?

Appreciate your help, Noobsayer. :)

Yep, clean according to the guide (I think STEP's guide is more straightforward) and also sort masters in TES5Edit.

USKP changes it did not forward (didn't look at 2.2, just 2.1) were to reposition objects. They're not "crash your game" type conflicts or anything by any means. At worse you'd probably get the rare floating object or something -- but at least as of next-to-last version, there were only a handful of conflicts.

EDIT: LOL, maybe it's not hidden then, maybe I'm just banned from the file.

Edited by Noobsayer

the file is hidden

the minute i saw a forum topic "cant hid file" from the author i knew what was coming...its a shame imo it was a great mod, i've not used myself because the lack of compability with other mods... while i can understand he be pissed by some comments, that mod had a nice amount of downloads/endorsements not sure what the author wanted more..

also a tip for the future for some users:

even if its true avoid offensive posts like "Is he the equivalent of a Reddit Karma  w h o r e, but on the Nexus?"

many author visit these forums because they're helpful not to see that type of comments

Edited by Miguel

Noobsayer - I found this post by another person on the Nexus about sorting the masters for No Snow Under the Roof: "I wouldn't touch the master order for the plugin with bash. After doing so, TES5edit shows some corrupted worldspace records, just leave the order as it is. Add: Same thing happens if you change the master order with TES5edit, save it and reload the mods with TES5edit. So do not touch the master order, it will cause some damage if it isn't done by the creation kit which I would leave for the author, if he feels like it's worth the effort."

Is it possible that he is correct about this, that it can only properly be done with the CK, and not with TES5Edit? Just checking on that to be sure that nothing was overlooked.

EDIT: I apologize to everyone here. I had previously posted a link to this forum on the mod's Nexus forum, because I felt that it would be of benefit to Prometheus as well as the Skyrim modding community. I didn't foresee that it would have created the issues that it did. I actually thought that it would have helped everyone to communicate better.

Edited by oqhansoloqo