FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

Here's Some a lot of other mods that I can recommend from my side or that I've had on my "to check" list:

[*]Alternative Fast Travel - Speed-E Wheels Travel Systems - again, never tested it, but it sounds cool.  I use and like this mod as well as many of the other Puce Moose mods. I've found this one to be an interesting alternative to fast travel or constantly walking everywhere; there are no horses in FNV. I second the earlier mention of Tales form the Burning Sands quest mod also by Puce Moose. Unlike other quest mods it is primarily puzzle oriented requiring interesting and challenging solutions.

[*] 

[*]Ladder Restoration Project - great mod for sniper type characters. It "brings to you the functionality of the ladders to all the tall billboards across the wasteland, and even the guard towers around the camp McCaren wall. Thats right you no longer have to longingly look up at those guards as they fire down on fiends, now you can do it too[/size]  I like the usable ladders it adds but I felt that that adding enemies didn't work out as well as I expected since the weapon loot they provide is a bit too powerful

[*]CASM with MCM - FNV is not as stable as Skyrim... or at least that's my experience. That's why autosave tool is essential! Used it ofc.  I've used it for a long time with FNV and find it essential because of FNV stability

Kelmych, on 16 Mar 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:Kelmych, on 16 Mar 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:

rootsrat, on 15 Mar 2014 - 6:09 PM, said:rootsrat, on 15 Mar 2014 - 6:09 PM, said:

...Ladder Restoration Project - great mod for sniper type characters. It "brings to you the functionality of the ladders to all the tall billboards across the wasteland, and even the guard towers around the camp McCaren wall. Thats right you no longer have to longingly look up at those guards as they fire down on fiends, now you can do it too[/size]  I like the usable ladders it adds but I felt that that adding enemies didn't work out as well as I expected since the weapon loot they provide is a bit too powerful...

Re- Did you use  the LRP Enemies Redux optional? I've download the mod & its optionals, but haven't any experience with it yet. I'm wondering if the Redux curbs the loot as well as the enemies, if not it probably exacerbates the issue you mention :-(

I had hopes for this mod, I do like a "high hide".

Edited by redirishlord

Yes, I used LRPEnemiesRedux. My loot concern is mainly about the Sniper Rifles and similar weapons in loot. The enemies added by this mod are sometimes killed by the gangs near the ladders, so when you walk by the ladders there are dead bodies from this mod and from the local gangs with loot that can be unbalancing for a low to middle level character. Maybe it will be different in your game.

Thanks, as much as my character would love to get his hands on a scoped &/or sniper rifle as soon as possible, that may be anti-climatic for me.

In other news, I seem to be having difficulty with the recommended 4gb loader since changing ENB presets, and difficulty with the FNV Launcher Reloaded as well. No doubt due to operator error, if I gain insight into my issues I'll post my fix.

With the rangers on patrol ADAM plugin if you go to the Durable Dunn's sacked caravan then a ranger will fall off the overpass and die as you approach. Pretty much always guaranteed to have ranger armor, helmet, and sequoia, and also a sniper rifle or trail carbine. Kind of a cheat, but you can pretty much find and kill a ranger pretty easy with dynamite at a low level.

I see that you are including Cabal's Book of Steel/Water, but was Hall of Equipment ( https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44879/? ) and Creatures Tweaked Textures ( https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39613/? ) considered? I haven't yet personally tested them or really dug into the archives much but I have seen Hall recommended multiple times of Book of Steel, and atleast judging by screenshots Tweaked Textures looks better. Is there a reason not to use them? I know Book of Steel includes meshes that need to be overwritten by body replacers anyway, do you need to go in and fix texture paths too?

I would also like to toss out T45d Power Armor Replacement (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47488/?) as a nice addition. Though not techinically "lore friendly" since it doesn't match concept art, its a far more believable power armor. I also use Daejones armor's as replacers as I find the original power armor silly, but that is pushing it in terms of "believable" though I personally find they fit the lore better.

Edited by Livnthedream

I really wanted to do more work on the written sections, and the overall appearence of the guide yesterday, but RL got in way. :/

I should be able to get to more stuff tomorrow, today is first day back from spring break, so I'm quite busy. Stupid students trying to better themselves through higher education... bleh. LEAVE ME BE!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for suggestions and feedback, though. I will test out whatever I can when farther time allows it.

Real quick, finished the guide today and the game works really well. One small bug that I was hoping maybe one of you could help me out with. I can't swap ammo types for some reason. I know it is hotkeyed to 2 but when I press it, nothing happens. The ammo is stuck on "FMJ" even tho the highlighted version in the pipboy is saying something else. I have dropped the ammo and it shows up as NOT "FMJ" but when it loads into the gun, it says "FMJ". For all guns in my inventory, it shows "FMJ" as loaded but nothing else. Its not really game breaking but def annoying for my OCD lol. Anyone encounter this bug or whatever? Im sure its not caused by the guide, but hopefully someone has a fix. I even downloaded the weapon wheel mod to try and counter act it, but that still doesn't work. 

Hmm... I know that FMJ is the default ammo and that every time you equip a new weapon it returns to default and has to switched. Not sure if that is happening to you. I seem to be able to get ammo swapping to work, but remember with CaliberX you need the correct type for the gun you have. Usually FMJ, AP, and HP are types and then it goes by size, 5.56, .44, 7.62, .22.... You would need the correct size and different types of that size.

Go to the ammo menu and see if there are more than one type highlighted in white and that will tell you that you have the types that can be switched. All the ones greyed out will be for other guns.

Maybe you're right. I went to the menu and all the other ammo types where greyed out. I was just confused because i thought the ammo type or number 9mm x # would show up next to my condition if i was using the default 9mm pistol. That being said, I just started a new game and probably haven't encountered multiple ammos for that weapon. Another thing that confuses me is that even when using the .357mm (sp?) ammo for the revolver it just says FMJ next to the condition. I thought it would say the number but maybe that is the mod doing that and is correct.