FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

Good to know, I'll cut that and rebuild my patch. I may step foot in the wasteland yet, enthusiasm returning!

* Edit: I believe my ongoing "missing master" issue was due to Beyond Boulder Dome, it seems to have cleared up with that removed from my install, possible it needs FOMM install?

I updated my install list on previous post's "spoiler", total active plugins now 115. Still need to add Advanced Ranger Gear but no other additions expected (unless recommended by the guide).

Edited by redirishlord

Yeah, I like EWI's stuff overall, but to me it seems as if every rock textures is the same and the color is just being changed. When I finally have more time for it I am going to look over the rocks again. Hetrol's Manholes are still the best, but those sun rays may make it in pretty soon. Not sure about the desert pack either, I'm going to have to examine the desert area around Vegas because I've only ever been to the hotels and the airport, so I don't actually know what the landscape really looks like there.

You should add https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55426/? to your list also. I personally do not like the robots (PB and Dracomies are at least subjectively better) but I like what he has done to the Mormon Fort and the tents. Would love to see comparisons with what is already included.

Also, the desert doesn't look that way. Its not the Sahara, its rocky scrub, not sand. There are a couple of area's I would like to see with the sand treatment, like the dustbowl dried out lake bed area, but that would require an actual mod, not just texture changes.

I've determined that there is just no good way to install mods with FOMM or NMM. They both present problem that I just can't stand for. FOMM gives me the type of errors that probably will cause more people to have issues with it than the NMM method does. The problem with NMM is the inflexibility, having to reinstall the whole section if you want to add to that section. FOMM has the exact problem with all these xml documents. The scripted installers sometimes do not add files if one already exist, but the uninstaller will remove those files even if it didn't place them there in the first place. So it creates a very frustrating situation where you have to reinstall from that point back to uHUD or something in the MCM or HUD will be wrong.

Maybe someone else has figured out how to do it better than I have. I don't want to get rid of MO since the profiles reduce my testing time immensely, but I might not have a choice. Maybe NMM 0.5 will make things better when it's out of beta.

And of course, as I'm typing this I think I've figured out how to do it all safely, will return...

Still greatly looking forward to what's going on here! That said, as a rank novice as far as actual mod testing, cleaning and editing and such goes, is there anything else I can do to help besides the occasional link when I find something nice?

Speaking of, did any of you check out the RobCo Certified stuff I linked ages ago? Any opinions/knowledge of how well it plays with other mods?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43331/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45481/?

Edit: Also, congrats on the FNV Guide getting its own sub-board!

Edited by VonDoom

Still greatly looking forward to what's going on here! That said, as a rank novice as far as actual mod testing, cleaning and editing and such goes, is there anything else I can do to help besides the occasional link when I find something nice?

Speaking of, did any of you check out the RobCo Certified stuff I linked ages ago? Any opinions/knowledge of how well it plays with other mods?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43331/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45481/?

Edit: Also, congrats on the FNV Guide getting its own sub-board!

Thanks for keeping up with the guide's progress. I don't mind novice level users, your input on whether the guide is easy to follow helps a lot. I forget sometimes that people don't know as much as do about modding as I do. I guess I've been doing this for to long. I'm still not completely happy with the way everything is installed in the UI section, but I really can't find a better alternative until the external installer for MO gets more work. I'm sure that it will, but it is just a waiting game. Mostly it can't handle all the C# functions for whatever reason, but they are necessary for XML files.

Anyways, I've been so completely held up with making the UI section as user friendly as possible, that I haven't really had time to do much else, even though I should add NVInteriors and Willow. They are tested for the most part and I like what's going on with both mods.

Last night I got Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision and Flashlight NVSE working, but I started a whole new install to do it and I'm only up to the big texture packs. I'm guessing something later on is the problem, hoping it isn't Roleplayers Alternative Start, I can't live without that mod. (Hint: When doing the player history in the little computer choose Mechanic and you start with Jury Rigging perk.)

I've done quite a bit the last two days in terms of trouble shooting and I've added about 10 mods. My goal was to get to three of the big things on my list of which I've done two so far. I'll probably get a third one after I watch the Walking Dead. I need a break really, figuring out the those XML files really did a number on my resolve, but I think I can help anyone that has a problem if it arises. Actually, I'm sure it will, so ask away. I guess the best thing to do would be to start a thread dedicated to just that section which has grown and will grow again now that I've got Flashlight NVSE and Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision working well.

ENBoost will probably get added tonight as well. Just gotta find the right wording for it. Willow and NVInteriors tonight as well, and that will be plenty of mods for this weekend. After that I'm going to work on the actual writing of the guide until next weekend before adding anymore mods.

I've noticed that Yukichigai still recommends Reload Speed Game Fix for NVSE users, despite BOSS marking it as obsolete. In this case, I feel that Yukichigai is correct because of his recommendation and knowledge, so it might be wise to add it back. I've asked Yuki on his mod page too, just in case.

I've noticed that Yukichigai still recommends Reload Speed Game Fix for NVSE users, despite BOSS marking it as obsolete. In this case, I feel that Yukichigai is correct because of his recommendation and knowledge, so it might be wise to add it back. I've asked Yuki on his mod page too, just in case.

I read his response, thanks for bringing that up. I didn't actually remove it from the guide, I just commented it out as I do with most of the stuff that I drop. I tend to keep stuff behind the curtain in case I need it again for whatever reason.

When trying to bash patch I am getting the error:

Error in ADAM Complete.esppack requires exactly 12 arguments<bash.bosh.ModWriter instance at 0x08BFF788> DATA 12I (0L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 520165975L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 0L)

With your Adam combined plugin. Not sure how to fix. <>

Also, you said you checked it in fnvedit with no errors but its throwing:

00:00] Checking for Errors in [03] ADAM Complete.esp[00:00] Location -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PGRE,PLYR,PMIS,REFR[00:00] Above errors were found in :PLDT - Location 1[00:00] Above errors were found in :Locations[00:00] Above errors were found in :ADAMPatrolRangerPackageStandard02 [PACK:03004C11][00:00] Location -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PGRE,PLYR,PMIS,REFR[00:00] Above errors were found in :PLDT - Location 1[00:00] Above errors were found in :Locations[00:00] Above errors were found in :ADAMPatrolRangerPackageStandard01 [PACK:03004C0D][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "PACK"[00:00] Above errors were found in :[03] ADAM Complete.esp

for me. Should I try to remerge?

Edited by Livnthedream

I read his response, thanks for bringing that up. I didn't actually remove it from the guide, I just commented it out as I do with most of the stuff that I drop. I tend to keep stuff behind the curtain in case I need it again for whatever reason.

Thanks. I even actually removed that misleading message in BOSS itself, so it shouldn't warn you away from the mod for a false reason.

Thanks. I even actually removed that misleading message in BOSS itself, so it shouldn't warn you away from the mod for a false reason.

Was that passed on to loot? Also, is the guide going to switch over to loot, or stay with boss till its more out of "beta"?

When trying to bash patch I am getting the error:

Error in ADAM Complete.esppack requires exactly 12 arguments<bash.bosh.ModWriter instance at 0x08BFF788> DATA 12I (0L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 520165975L, 0L, 0L, 0L, 0L)

With your Adam combined plugin. Not sure how to fix. <>

Also, you said you checked it in fnvedit with no errors but its throwing:

00:00] Checking for Errors in [03] ADAM Complete.esp[00:00] Location -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PGRE,PLYR,PMIS,REFR[00:00] Above errors were found in :PLDT - Location 1[00:00] Above errors were found in :Locations[00:00] Above errors were found in :ADAMPatrolRangerPackageStandard02 [PACK:03004C11][00:00] Location -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,PGRE,PLYR,PMIS,REFR[00:00] Above errors were found in :PLDT - Location 1[00:00] Above errors were found in :Locations[00:00] Above errors were found in :ADAMPatrolRangerPackageStandard01 [PACK:03004C0D][00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "PACK"[00:00] Above errors were found in :[03] ADAM Complete.esp

for me. Should I try to remerge?

I'll look into it in a bit, but it should work with the bashed patch. I have made about 100 or so during testing this weekend and none of them failed. Did you update to the latest version? Sharlikran is working on it a bit.

Also, I don't want this thread getting out of hand. I'll probably start a new one when hits 300 posts. I just don't want the info I'm using in this thread to get lost, so I need to make a new thread soon. There is now a support forum for Fear and Loathing in NV too, feel free to make threads there.

The same errors exist in the ADAM - Rangers on Patrol.esp. I guess they are irrelevant and won't hurt the game. I think it just makes the Rangers that are added to t he wastlend stand in place instead of wandering around.

Maybe redownload the ADAM files I made. Also, update YUP to v8.1 since that is the latest version. V7 used to crash my bashed patch, also not sorting things the way I lay out in the guide will mess it up too.

EDIT: This is post 299 so I'm closing this thread and starting a new one here. Now named after the guide instead of FNV Guide ....