FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

Ewi65 does some excellent work, especially for Skyrim. Shame his E ENB is compatible with Nevada Skies, makes for a tough choice.

@ EssArrBee: Flashlight NVSE is detected in my Unified HUD installation, but I do not have the Flashlight NVSE mod installed. Could it be included in YUP? 

Edit: I was unable to find a reference to Flashlight NVSE in YUP's read me, but I did find this;

"NVEC Reduce CTDs (some portions) - https://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44204/ - Permission granted in YUP comments; thank you!"

which I thought was great.

Edited by redirishlord

Ewi65 does some excellent work, especially for Skyrim. Shame his E ENB is compatible with Nevada Skies, makes for a tough choice.@ EssArrBee: Flashlight NVSE is detected in my Unified HUD installation, but I do not have the Flashlight NVSE mod installed. Could it be included in YUP?

No yup is just fixes. Install flashlight nvse right after one HUD then run unified HUD again.EDIT: or right before one HUD. Check the one HUD page at the bottom for directions.

No clue why. Fallout gremlins.

Because of the nature of that section it is a pain in the ass to test so I'm putting off adding to it, but flashlight nvse and advanced recon gear see the short list. Maybe powered power armor, but I'm not as big a fan of that mod like I thought I'd be. If armor had upgrades that mod would be better cuz you could upgrade from using cells to using fission batteries or something awesome like that.

I can't say for sure, but every time I tried to include Powered Power Armor in my lineup I had ILS before the start menu. Keeping in mind that I was always in the 130-somethings for total active esp/esm files, and I had HR pinup loading screens (I've since pulled those and things are more stable), but I still associate PPA with ILS issues. I hear ya though, I really wantd to like it.

Ultimately I'm more a light armor guy anyway (except maybe in this Super Mutant experiment I'm trying this evening, we'll see how that goes its an old mod).

Edited by redirishlord

Puny hoomans & your puny emoticons.

Verifying local content and replacing my FalloutNV application seems to have appeased the mighty Steam. I'm not sure if selecting FalloutNV.exe was the correct way to apply the NTCore patch, but I can go with Roy's 4gb loader from the Nexus. Just thought I'd try WilliamImm's suggestion and see how that worked.

I was browsing FNV nexus recently at random and found these interesting. Will definitely check them out! Well, maybe not all at once, but I think they're at least worth looking at...

Edited by WilliamImm
Fix link

Tales of the Burning Sands is excellent and will be in the guide when I finish up testing For The Enclave and seeing if some of these quest mods all work together. I'm afraid that is most time consuming thing that I can currently undertake. The quests that are built in the existing worldspace and spread out across the wasteland cause the biggest compatibility issues with other mods that do the same. I know that Searchlight Airport would not get included if I go with For the Enclave. It is great though since the Enclave is now a full faction with a big base of operations. I like it so far.

Saw Ewi's mods and he has the Ultimate Edition already out, so I'll post some screen of his stuff soon. Let some others help make up my mind.

After War Nevada looks like a really great mod, but would require other authors to go and patch their mods to work with that. I just don't have the time to test that, but anyone can do so and just make a thread and tell us all about it.

Road Fighter Armor does look great and it is really nice to use in game, especially for characters that use guns. Try it out.

I might try that Snow Globe mod tonight, I hate that they are nothing but 2000 caps. They aren't quite as hard to find as the bobbleheads in Fallout 3, but there are so many less of them around. I might actually try out the bobblehead mod that hides them and assigns bonuses.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Should be adding a lot of conflict stuff the next couple days. Still haven't decided if I want to tell people how to patch or if I just want to distribute a collection of patches or a combined patch.

I'm getting periodic CTD's due to  "missing master" errors. I'm able to launch the game, but after playing a short while I CTD & receive the "missing master" error despite having verified my load order with both BUM/BOSS & FNVEdit. It first occurred during the various pop-ups a new game launch in Doc Mitchell's house. Then again (after cleaning up some missing BUM overrides) during character creation race selection (which may have been corrected by installing FCO presets), and most recently during trait selection (the Super Mutant specific traits are amusing, but not half as much as me setting my giant green posterior on that poor couch).  

I'm wondering if this is actually related to memory (launching with 4gb loader, NVSE 4.2 beta3 installed, enb active) or number of plugins active (144 plus bashed patch) rather than an actual missing master as FNVedit loads fine (I scrolled through its loading sequence line by line and see no errors).

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I'm pushing the mod limit, just hoping to borrow from others experience to tweak performance. Not sure if I need to cut some mods, or increase/decrease memory allocation, or something else. I'm proceeding with memory allocation tweaks (NVSE and ENB), we'll see what happens.