FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

Continued:

• WFO - no LOD file?
    • Tried to ask Vurt about it, but didn't get a response. I guess I'll go ask on his Skyrim thread.
  • Robert's Male Body - No DLC Patches?
    • Yeah, scratch the whole install instructions I had up. They are already corrected. No need for additional stuff just install and merge.
  • Feral Ghoul Retexure - good find!
    • TY
  • ADAM - there is no file in that link apparently...
    • Fixed now, should have the correct link now, not sure why it changed. Also, I might have a merged version up soon, when I get around to learning more about FOMODs.
  • WRP - No mention to install Christine's Rifle
    • No but there should be, I'll add it.
  • WMX - What is WMX-POPMerged.esp?
    • I guess it is for the Pre order packs as Will said. Will change to that probably tonight sometime.
  • WMX - you tell to install DLC-Merged version (as per BUM) instructions, however Half Hansified Holorifle requires WMX-HonestHearts.esp as Master, and also in Merged case, EVE-allDLCMerged.esp is not on BOSS Masterlist and requires BUM instructions
    • My fault, made a version for myself and added it to the guide for later one, but forgot to comment it out.
  • Again, where possible I'd sort alphabetically :)
    • Some of that section is sorted that way on purpose, but I'll look and see if it can be installed differently.

For WMX - WMX-POPMerged.esp must be the merged ESP for the pre-order packs (or Courier's Stash) - POP must mean "Pre Order Pack". And as for Half-Hansified Holorifle, I PM'd the author of that to see if he's willing to do it (with an ETA if possible), otherwise, I should be able to knock out the merged WMX ESP for it.

I'm actually a bit ashamed that I didn't realize that. I will also do an Improved Sound FX/WMX patch for the POP version and add it to the patch page I made.  Completely unnecessary.

I already have the WMX-MergedDLC.esp version of Holorifle WMX if you want it.

https://copy.com/DOnbkvTdo71UZyGs

Nice one, thanks SRB. Continued, Packrat Mentaliy section only, as wifey is calling for dinner  :cool:

• Pre-War Money Retex - need specific instructions which files to download and installation instructions

::EDIT::

• Alternate Blood Spout - BUM instruction typo: "In the adjacent textbox type "Game-Settings and Overrides" and click [save Rule]."

Have to stop now due to Nexus service maintenance. 

Sorry this is a little late but I am just getting around to using this guide for my game. I am a little stuck on the installation process of one of the mods: The Weapon Mod Menu. I am trying to follow your instructions on the guide but I am still getting stuck. I hate to be that guy but could I get a more detailed way of installing the FOMOD file into Mod Organizer? whenever I follow your instructions I get this error message and it will not work. Help pleaseeee

Also, say I fail and give up on this mod, is this mod (The Weapon Mod Menu) critical to the guide? Could I skip it and be alright moving on?

Also, if I have done it right, I can't see it in my load order.

Edited by TomtinBreeX

Sorry this is a little late but I am just getting around to using this guide for my game. I am a little stuck on the installation process of one of the mods: The Weapon Mod Menu. I am trying to follow your instructions on the guide but I am still getting stuck. I hate to be that guy but could I get a more detailed way of installing the FOMOD file into Mod Organizer? whenever I follow your instructions I get this error message and it will not work. Help pleaseeee

Also, say I fail and give up on this mod, is this mod (The Weapon Mod Menu) critical to the guide? Could I skip it and be alright moving on?

Also, if I have done it right, I can't see it in my load order.

You can try to install the .7z archive file. The installer may tell you the file exists so if it does, click [Merge]. Then the installer will run and when it does click [install]. After that it may tell you that the file exists again, so click [Merge].

That may get you around the .fomod extraction step.

See I did that. I installed 7-zip as I was using Winrar for everything. Anyways, I was able to get into the fomod itself and see all the guts of the archive but from there I am stuck. I extract the fomod from the 7zip and place it into ModOrganizer/Downloads like the guide explains but nothing happens after that. It doesnt show up in my download section in Mod Organizer or in my load order. 

This is the message when I try to install this mod with MO. First, I try and go to it through downloads in MO, like stated. When I click on it, I get this message. 

"Installation Failed- errorcode 3762507597"

Then another box behind it pops up and says "Running external installer. Note: This installer will not be aware of other installed mods."

I am stuck hah

Edited by TomtinBreeX

Nice one, thanks SRB. Continued, Packrat Mentaliy section only, as wifey is calling for dinner  :cool:

• Pre-War Money Retex - need specific instructions which files to download and installation instructions

::EDIT::

• Alternate Blood Spout - BUM instruction typo: "In the adjacent textbox type "Game-Settings and Overrides" and click [save Rule]."

Have to stop now due to Nexus service maintenance. 

Aaaand we continue...

• Ambient Wasteland 2 - why do we use old 1.1 version, and which one (WAV - presumably?). Why not use version 2 in FNV native OGG format?
  • Dead Money - Surprise Vending Items Restoration - BUM instruction typo: "In the adjacent textbox type "Game-Settings and Overrides" and click [save Rule]."
  • Faction Armor Usage Enhancements - BUM instruction typo: "In the adjacent textbox type "Game-Settings and Overrides" and click [save Rule]."

Sorry for short posts, but I'm going through the guide in short bursts whenever I find some spare time - just want to finish it asap. Once I reviewed it all, I'll then suggest some mods from my own list for your consideration and start making conflict resolution patch - that should save you some work, as I'm always saving individual patches as a back up, so I'll be able to send some your way.

See I did that. I installed 7-zip as I was using Winrar for everything. Anyways, I was able to get into the fomod itself and see all the guts of the archive but from there I am stuck. I extract the fomod from the 7zip and place it into ModOrganizer/Downloads like the guide explains but nothing happens after that. It doesnt show up in my download section in Mod Organizer or in my load order. 

This is the message when I try to install this mod with MO. First, I try and go to it through downloads in MO, like stated. When I click on it, I get this message. 

"Installation Failed- errorcode 3762507597"

Then another box behind it pops up and says "Running external installer. Note: This installer will not be aware of other installed mods."

I am stuck hah

Sounds like the file might be corrupted somehow. Try redownloading the archive. Ignore the guides instructions and do what I said to do a couple posts above.

Aaaand we continue...

• Ambient Wasteland 2 - why do we use old 1.1 version, and which one (WAV - presumably?). Why not use version 2 in FNV native OGG format?
    • I think at the time I wrote that, I was into lossless audio bootlegs, so I probably went with that. Vorbis is probably the best lossy format I know of, maybe Opus, so you could use it if you want too. Tonal degradation is highest for ambient sounds with lossy formats though, so be aware of that.
  • Dead Money - Surprise Vending Items Restoration - BUM instruction typo: "In the adjacent textbox type "Game-Settings and Overrides" and click [save Rule]."
  • Faction Armor Usage Enhancements - BUM instruction typo: "In the adjacent textbox type "Game-Settings and Overrides" and click [save Rule]."
    • TY

Sorry for short posts, but I'm going through the guide in short bursts whenever I find some spare time - just want to finish it asap. Once I reviewed it all, I'll then suggest some mods from my own list for your consideration and start making conflict resolution patch - that should save you some work, as I'm always saving individual patches as a back up, so I'll be able to send some your way.

I don't mind, I just use it as it comes to make corrections.

UGH well now i did something mysterious to my game that now it wont even get past the copyright splash screen once I load the game from Mod Organizer for some reason. No idea what happens, right when the steam icon pops up a tthe bottom right hand corner, 'Fallout has stopped working' lol. You guys who tests this and add mods have amazing amounts of patience. It actually amazes me sometimes that you guys haven't quit this process. 

Even when I have no mods installed in the game, even the bethesda pluggins cause it to crash from Mod organizer, WTF

Edited by TomtinBreeX

UGH well now i did something mysterious to my game that now it wont even get past the copyright splash screen once I load the game from Mod Organizer for some reason. No idea what happens, right when the steam icon pops up a tthe bottom right hand corner, 'Fallout has stopped working' lol. You guys who tests this and add mods have amazing amounts of patience. It actually amazes me sometimes that you guys haven't quit this process. Even when I have no mods installed in the game, even the bethesda pluggins cause it to crash from Mod organizer, WTF

Is your steam directory in program files? We do have patience but only after years of frustration from modding Bethesda games. This guide is still pretty new and will become more user friendly as time goes on.

Yep everything is on the right path. I am about 99% sure of it. It doesn't even get to the steam pop up actually, thats only sometimes. It always crashes at the copyright screen unfortunately. I don't understand, it was starting normally before and I can't remember if I tweaked something or what but now its allllll broken. Ive re-installed the game, verified the game cache, re installed mod organizer from the beginning, done everything over again and it still does it. Of course the crash report doesn't help lol. To clearify, if i go to my steamapps-FalloutNV directory and manually click on  the 4gb.exe it works fine but no mods will be installed. But if I go through Mod Organizer at the pull down menu with BOSS, BUM, FNVEdit, etc, It does not work and crashes. 

Edited by TomtinBreeX

Yep everything is on the right path. I am about 99% sure of it. It doesn't even get to the steam pop up actually, thats only sometimes. It always crashes at the copyright screen unfortunately. I don't understand, it was starting normally before and I can't remember if I tweaked something or what but now its allllll broken. Ive re-installed the game, verified the game cache, re installed mod organizer from the beginning, done everything over again and it still does it. Of course the crash report doesn't help lol.

In the right pane click the plugin tab and then look to see that all your plugins are ticked and that when they are ticked none of them have a red warnings. Run BOSS to see if they needed ordering. If they do still have red warnings then untick those mods for time being, they may require something else to be installed.

Also, don't forget to run BOSS through MO, not the little sort button on the plugin tab, that isn't working yet. Use the drop down select BOSS and run it normally to sort the plugins. Oh and make sure BOSS is set to run for Fallout New Vegas and not Skyrim or Fallout 3 or Oblivion.

So I figured out the problem. It had to do with Darnified UI of all things. So I had Darnified UI installed in MO and it was checked and everything. That wouldn't launch the game, so instead I placed it in my data folder in the root directory. ESP in the data folder and the other files in their corresponding folders. I then went to my documents folder and changed the fonts in both ini and prefs, then did the same through MO. Outside of MO, they are all marked as read only as well. The only difference is that I can't unclick it anymore through MO, which isn't a big deal as I'd want it on all the time regardless of modding. Anyways, so far its fixed in case anyone was worried about my game, which everyone was of course. 

Yup, I've done literally all I can think of. Done the BOSS thing through MO, everything. I am stumped. O well, I might just wait a little to see this guide progress but I was so excited to start modding today lol

Try to remove ini files from your MO profile and copy over vanilla ones from My Documents/My Games/FNV - maybe this will help.Sent from my GT-I9505 using TapatalkEDIT...Ah, I see you've figured it out now :)