Farmhouse Chimneys (by Scarla)

Noobsayer

Glad they work! Kelmych your eyes are tricking you as they are thinner, but the height is the same. Because a kit was used I was very limited in the way I could edit them. If I did them from scratch as one piece, the author would need to re-make the whole mod.

Also, you cannot fall down them now, lose items, and see thatch clipping through from the top.

Up to now STEP was officially still using the older short chimneys. With the introduction of your meshes that make the chimney thinner, we will have chimneys that are taller than the short ones. I meant the height of the new chimneys with your meshes vs. the older farmhouse short chimneys.

I'm not as good at evaluating textures as you and many of the other thread participants, but I'm not quite that bad.

Lol no worries, my bad. I'm used to explaining everything to everyone on Nexus, which sticks with me. I did not mean to be patronizing or anything similar.

By the way I have noticed a bug with the top cap mesh. It seems really dark for that side based on the lighting in the image. This seems to be a bug I get with the 3ds Max export sometimes. To fix it just do this:

*Open the mesh in Nifskope, then right click the mesh in the render window.

*Go to "Mesh".

*Select "Face Normals".

Lighting fixed, lets add the smoothness back:

*Right click the mesh again as above.

*Go to "Mesh"

*Select "Smooth Normals".

*Leave it a the default values and hit "Ok" or whatever.

*Save the NIF.

Tech likes my tutorials for Nifskope so there is another one on fixing mesh lighting (normals) in 20 seconds!

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Okay, just to get this straight. Currently, STEP recommends to just install "Farmhouse Chimneys (Old)", I'm assuming with the optional patch for "Cutting Room Floor" in the installer.

However, to get the awesome version everyone here is talking about, I should:

1. Install "Farmhouse Chimneys 2.2"

2. Install the meshes that SparrowPrince provided, either replacing those in step 1 or having them load after in MO

3. Follow SparrowPrince's instructions to edit the top cap mesh in Nifskope

4. ???

5. PROFIT!

Is this correct?

Sounds about right. If anyone wants to upload them to Nexus, you have my permission. As they were originally a resource, just give credit to the other person too. I am sure some other people might enjoy these, so why not?

Edit: Threw a quick mod up:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66296/?

I had the fixed files on my tablet, as I did the fixes I posted for a friend a while back who uses this mod.

Edited by Guest

I was in the process of creating the LOOT Meta Rule for this mod and I wanted to make sure I got this right. While following the instructions for Creating Meta rules, this is what I've got after filtering for Show only conflicting plugins on RealisticWaterTwo.esp (I'm confused as to why RealisticWaterTwo.esp is now listed after HearthfireChimneys.esp in the left panel, but I'll disregard that for now). 

The instructions say :

5. Drag and drop the conflicting plugin into the Load After window.

There's no "Load After" window here. There's also nothing I can drag and drop.

To get to the Load After window, I need to go to Edit Metadata and then I can drag and drop the plugin. Is this what should be done? If so, the instructions are missing a step entirely.

Should have some clay stacks up this weekend for my optional. I am getting someone to test them first, but they should be cool. Just letting you guys know as you may be interested.