Farmhouse Chimneys (by Scarla)

Noobsayer

• 1 month later...

Just bumping this as I kind of live in a place built hundreds of years ago and we have a few thatched homes:

cottagel2s4t.jpg

Pretty awful quaility, but it was on my way back from a few drinks lol.

Edited by Guest

I live a few miles from thou forest of Nottingham from ye famous folk tale.

It shows the chimneys are tall, but seeminly thinner in this instance. I think this building was home for a long line of priests as it is next to a really old church.

Isn't that modern day Derby (read Darby)?

If the author had more meshes then I bet there would be more options. I made LOD models for the latest version generated DynDOLOD with this mod. It's pretty awesome to see the little chimneys from far away.

I'm between both Derby and Nottingham. Is DynDo a tool for LOD gen on the fly with modded meshes? Or can it do everthing? I looked in the topic but had trouble following what was going on. I would like to see if you could do my reeds Ess? I always wanted to see them far away.

On the chimneys it would be nice to have more options obviously. Chimneys are quite simple to make so I might have a look if I can soonish. I don't mind helping out now and again when I have access to the hardware. We shall see what crops up.

On the chimneys it would be nice to have more options obviously. Chimneys are quite simple to make so I might have a look if I can soonish. I don't mind helping out now and again when I have access to the hardware. We shall see what crops up.

I figured it would be a good project to start my modding career, and tried asking Scarla for permission to either work together, or use part of her mod, but haven't received a response.

One day I'll settle down with a big pot of coffee, and a few spare days, and learn how to mesh.

Look into getting Autodesk student access for practice. You get access to things like Mudbox too, which allows you to transfer high detail qualities to low detail. The annoying part is getting stuff in this game, that is frustrating any time. The Niftools team can't keep up with all the new versions of software hence having to use Max 2012. Then you need to think about collision and textures... My advice would be to stay away lol.

Edited by Guest

I'm between both Derby and Nottingham. Is DynDo a tool for LOD gen on the fly with modded meshes? Or can it do everthing? I looked in the topic but had trouble following what was going on. I would like to see if you could do my reeds Ess? I always wanted to see them far away.

Not sure how DynDOLOD works for modders. I know that if you want something to show up at a distance in game, you find the mesh, make a copy, and add _lod to the name. DynDOLOD takes care of the rest somehow. Sheson and zilav are the two who know what sneaky voodoo makes it work. I could see if the WATER plant meshes work out nicely. The chimney's worked great from this mod, so it probably the result with most static object meshes.

If i figure it out then I'll ask sheson if I can get them to show up in the mod without someone having to run DynDOLOD so that it could just be added to WATER.

The annoying part is getting stuff in this game, that is frustrating any time. The Niftools team can't keep up with all the new versions of software hence having to use Max 2012. Then you need to think about collision and textures... My advice would be to stay away lol.

Haha, that's what I figured, and is why I was hoping to get a response from Scarla. Adding a new mesh or 2 to her mod would be far easier, since the hardest part is already done.

I may try my hand at making a mesh, then approach her with it and see if I get a better response.

Thanks very much for the advice though, all very useful points!

Thanks Ess and no problem Xaviien.

Well I just got back from visiting my pal after I got off the grind and I took 15 mins to have a look before we went out. Here are the results of that:

chimney fixed meshes.7z

Changes are in the folder. Have a good night to all. It is 10pm here.

Cheers.

Has anyone tried these yet to make sure they work? There is no hurry though obviously. I would contact the author, but apparently she is not home at the moment according to a post above.