Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I think following should be made more explicit for the novice user (Like me :D) in the step guide. 

Please note:

• For Skyrim users, the Unofficial Patches are designed so that some of their files are overridden by the DLC BSA files, so do not extract or check the Unofficial Patch BSAs or the DLC BSAs in the BSAs tab.

Quote from: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#tab=Priorities

MO does have a "txt" list...under profiles folder in MO folder...it has all the good info there in tidy little text files:

Posted Image

I always make sure I back-up loadorder.txt somewhere else as a safeguard if BOSS or WRYEBash screws things up...

EDIT: disregard...I was responding to an ancient post from 2012. O.o

Edited by Kuldebar

Update just hit.

Version 1.2.0- no longer create directories in original data directory - bain installer will now be less picky about the archives supported - updated NCC to be compatible with more recent NMM code base - hack in NCC to allow it to install arbitrary sized files even in 32-bit builds - updated the python27.dll to one that links to msvcr100.dll to get rid of the dependency of msvcr90.dll - ini files created by a call to WritePrivateProfile... are now also rerouted to overwrite - unpacking bsas during installation no longer overwrites loose files (since the loose files would have taken precedence) - some fixes towards qt5 compatibility - force-enabled game esms no longer break keyboard-navigation in plugin list - improved NCC compatibility - crude support for multi-volume archives - updated imageformats plugins - nxmhandler now puts the exe to the top of the list when registering an MO instance, even if it is already in the list - added buttons to backup and restore the modlist and pluginlist - replaced boss integration with loot - configurator now gives better warning messages when encountering an invalid ini file - added an option to show meta info on downloads instead of filenames - MO will now cancel if user tries to run MO vfs-injected - when saving the MO ini file it is now written to a tmp file first and then overwritten - updated to link against boost python 1.55 - added support for mod page plugins - re-introduced the integrated browser - the download list now contains the file description - nexus interface now stores cookies persistently to reduce number of required log-ins - bugfix: WritePrivateProfileString hook attempted to access lpKeyName even when it is null - bugfix: dll search order wasn't set to allow plugins to load the correct qt dlls - bugfix: when resuming a download failed with the server sending a textual error message, MO tried to display everything downloaded before - bugfix: resuming a download didn't trigger a nexus-login when necessary - bugfix: integrated fomod installer only used the first block of data inside a description - bugfix: the add/remove categories function could fail when a filter/grouping on categories was active - bugfix: GetCurrentDirectory returned wrong string length - bugfix: registered bsas in data aren't ordered correctly

New update again, praise be!

Version 1.2.1- very effective optimization to findfirstfile-calls - algorithm for detection of mod order problems is now more sophisticated - exposed more functionality to python plugins - main window now has a small view displaying log messages - download tooltip now also includes the file description - mod list will now be highlighted when grouping is active - will now display an error message when the ini file can't be updated (in addition to what windows says) - bbcode translator will now translate some named colors - updated to qt 4.8.6 dlls - several configuration files are now only saved to disk if the content actually changed. This should also get rid of a problem where plugins.txt was re-written immediately after starting the game (causing a conflict with the game) - bugfix: state changes in mod list wasn't always reported to plugins - bugfix: loot client will now create necessary directory - bugfix: NCC sometimes used wrong source path for extraction - bugfix: NCC workaround for large files failed due to permission problem - bugfix: removed noisy debug message

• 4 weeks later...

When I see the words "(the game's main directory is recommended)", what it makes me think is that I should install it in C:GamesSteamSteamAppscommonSkyrim.

But the video tutorial seems to suggest I should install it in C:Games.

Which is preferable? (For the time being, I'm going to go with C:Games, since that makes more sense to me.)

• 4 weeks later...