A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Hi,

I'm in the process of reinstalling Skyrim using SRLE and REGS as a base. I'm thinking of dropping JK's Skyrim since it destroys my fps in several areas such as the Skyforge in Whiterun, despite running on a 4790K @ 5 GHz + 980 OC. I tried to remove ivy then all flora added by the esp with TES5Edit following someone's advice on the mod page, but that didn't really help. Dipping from about 40 fps (with a demanding ENB) down to 22-25 in an heartbeat is brutal and only happens with JK's mod - not even into the forest now that I stick to SFO and stay away from additional grass mods. So, I'll either ignore major cities overhauls or switch back to Dawn of Skyrim which performs better on my side.

Here's my question: can I still use the replacer you provided some time ago to ensure compatibility with Cutting Room Floor and Interesting NPCs - Dawnofriften.esp, I think - or is it out of date/incompatible with the current guide ? If it isn't, can I just load it after DawnofSkyrim.esp (now all-in-one), CRF and 3D PC ? Will it work with Better Entrances - REGS Version ?

Thanks a lot !

Hear your pain, that's why on my next playthrough I'm going to use a Sweetfx instead of an enb. From reading widely, it seems an enb, even so called performance ones, combined with JK's, results in a huge FPS loss.

Edited by ssconvert

Thanks for your replies. Yes, DoS of course impacts FPS but still less than JK's on my system. Go figure !

Darkside ,could you please tell me which type of entries I should delete to remove that hidden clutter from the esp ? I guess I'm not the only one struggling this otherwise beautiful mod.

On a side note - sorry if this has already been discussed - why exactly was Skyrim Sewers thrown off ? Changelog mentions "compatibility issues", did it conflict with one mod in particular ? Just wandering, since it was a nice addition.

"Hear your pain, that's why on my next playthrough I'm going to use a Sweetfx instead of an enb. From reading widely, it seems an enb, even so called performance ones, combined with JK's, results in a huge FPS loss."

Yeah, I considered that option but even if performance matters I'm way too addict to ENB to let it go... However, I don't want to go below 30 fps.

Edited by caiuscosades

Thanks for your replies. Yes, DoS of course impacts FPS but still less than JK's on my system. Go figure !

Darkside ,could you please tell me which type of entries I should delete to remove that hidden clutter from the esp ? I guess I'm not the only one struggling this otherwise beautiful mod.

On a side note - sorry if this has already been discussed - why exactly was Skyrim Sewers thrown off ? Changelog mentions "compatibility issues", did it conflict with one mod in particular ? Just wandering, since it was a nice addition.

"Hear your pain, that's why on my next playthrough I'm going to use a Sweetfx instead of an enb. From reading widely, it seems an enb, even so called performance ones, combined with JK's, results in a huge FPS loss."

Yeah, I considered that option but even if performance matters I'm way too addict to ENB to let it go... However, I don't want to go below 30 fps.

I actually go in-game and delete them manually. I typically delete barrels and crates in hidden places. I found gate of Whiterun has lots of clutters. Other places are behind merchant's stands.

Reduce shadow distance may help as well.

I actually go in-game and delete them manually. I typically delete barrels and crates in hidden places. I found gate of Whiterun has lots of clutters. Other places are behind merchant's stands.

Reduce shadow distance may help as well.

Is there some way to know which ones to delete using TES5Edit versus the Creation Kit ?

someone could make a performance patch.

delete the objects in CK and then in xEdit filter the deleted objects and move those records over to a new esp then run the undelete and disable script

EDIT: or you can "deep copy" over to a new esp, replace the JK plugin with a fresh one that doesnt have those objects deleted and run the ITPO script.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting NPCs has a Winterhold Expanded patch on its page that's not listed in REGs. Do we not need it?

The guide is technically not using the city part of Winterhold Expanded. It's using ETaC's version instead, which is already compatible with 3DNPC out of the box. So I'd imagine the patch is not needed, but I'm unable to test it atm.

Small detail, but I just want to make sure I should not select "Skyrim Distance Overhaul Patch" while installing ICW if I installed DynDOLOD (which is incompatible with SDO plugins, AFAIK) ?

Lanterns of Skyrim is already part of the STEP: Extended, is it still listed in the Pack as a complement of information for people using ELFX?

Same thing for Cutting Room Floor, except there's really no reason to have it listed in the Pack anymore.

Edited by Lusciesi