A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Indeed MonoAccipiter.

To everyone: The REGS guide on the wiki is currently NOT designed for particularly modularity. Although if you do not wish to use a certain mod it is as easy as checking whether the REGS Patch file has a master dependency on it. If it does, then it is your choice to either not use the REGS Patch at all (and thereby lose suppport for the mods it depends on) OR to use the REGS patch to its full extent.

For me, at least, it's great that you've taken the time to sift through mods and find ones that can be made compatible and nopticeable improve immersion. And then you even fix the navmeshes so the mods are actually compatible. I've looked at the city mods for a long time, thinking that they look attractive but knowing it takes a lot of work to actually make them compatible with the rest of Skyrim. If I don't want to make extensive use of a particular mod like the Pit mod, I can always go past it knowing that if I do get interested it's there and will work. Thanks for all the effort you put into this pack.

Last question about this, I swear.

So if a mod says - included in regs patch, then it's included in the regs patch - cities.esp, right? I get that. And I don't need to use the STEP patch if I don't use BYOD. So what exactly is included in the Resouces folder? And are the OPTIONAL file "REGS Compatible version") of the mods? Are they your custom edits so that mods work nice with each other and don't clip?

Thanks man, really sorry that I'm so confused on this. I'm also just really interested in this pack and want to be able to understand how you customized it. 
Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

For me, at least, it's great that you've taken the time to sift through mods and find ones that can be made compatible and nopticeable improve immersion. And then you even fix the navmeshes so the mods are actually compatible. I've looked at the city mods for a long time, thinking that they look attractive but knowing it takes a lot of work to actually make them compatible with the rest of Skyrim. If I don't want to make extensive use of a particular mod like the Pit mod, I can always go past it knowing that if I do get interested it's there and will work. Thanks for all the effort you put into this pack.

Thank you very much, Kelmych. I really appreciate it :)

And are the OPTIONAL file "REGS Compatible version") of the mods? Are they your custom edits so that mods work nice with each other and don't clip?

Yes, I contacted several mod authors to send them fixed versions of their mods that had deleted navmeshes or versions made to work with the rest of this pack.

Thank you Kelmych. CJ2311 does deserve most of the credit though, he's the one working in the CK to make it all possible. I am mostly just the guy doing the wiki, mod/patch/navmesh testing and providing mental support for CJ :P

With regards to navmeshes by the way, also for DYEMB, they not only were fixed for NPCs, but moreover had to be fixed to work with Touring Carriages. Some objects of some mods also had to be moved or removed in order to make TC work properly. Although there's no dependency whatsoever on TC, if you use any of the Whiterun and/or Windhelm exterior mods then I'd strongly advice you to use the patch pack (and thus the mods) provided by CJ.

Edited by Nearox

^ By mental support he means he's taunting me because he has access to better beer.

On a serious note, I finished reworking ETaC's Morthal and Dawnstar, as well as removing the changes it does to Falkreath (We'll be featuring Immersive Settlements - Falkreath in the pack instead)

I think I'll release it today, because the next update to the REGS - Cities module will take a while.

Thank you very much, Kelmych. I really appreciate it :)Yes, I contacted several mod authors to send them fixed versions of their mods that had deleted navmeshes or versions made to work with the rest of this pack.

And the resources folder? What does that include? Is it that the cities.esp includes the merged esps mentioned in the guide and the resources includes the merged esms?

I dare say that Resources.esm provides a master file that helps the plugins allocate textures and meshes amongst other things. Using an esm is often a good way to improve compatibility. In version 2 the resources are found in the 00 Core folder and as such are integral to the install. All the other files contain various plugins and patches to work with and compliment the install as a whole but may also be dependent on what choices you make in the fomod.

::):

So it seems to me that the pack is either all or nothing. I was hoping to only use pieces of it (i.e., Dawn of X mods, ETaC, and maybe Immersive Docks or Expanded Raven Rock). If I did that, I couldn't use the Patch (since the patch depends on 3 other mods)  and I would have to make my own patches for texture blending (like the esm) and patches to forward USKP edits, right? So basically unless I want to do a ton of TES5EDIT work, I need to install this pack as a whole. Am I getting that right? That is why I keep asking about the Patch. I was trying to figure out exactly what was in it. 

DYEMB: Please give us some time mate... We're working hard to get the pack as modular as it gets, but due to the nature of issues (navmesh etc.) it is not possible to do that fully. Please don't write PMs with questions but ask here on the forums so that others can also read the answers.

• I redid the entire section on the REGS patches (now called REGS Custom ESPs). I have tried to explain what you can find in each .esp. Hope it helps. It is up to you to decide which file you want or need, though I'd (once again) strongly recommend to simply install everything. Also CJ has NOT yet seen the explanations I wrote down for the REGS Cities and REGS Patch - Cities.esp. There might be flat out errors in it. Only he truly knows the contents and he's offline at the moment. So please consider it not a final explanation of the contents of the custom esps.
  • I also just updated the guide for the soon-to-be released update to ETaC (which removes all of the stuff that does not fit with vanilla, such as the solitude-style houses in Dawnstar; Falkreath has been replaced by IS) and the inclusion of certain parts of Immersive Settlements (only the high quality stuff with interiors & NPCs).

Mind you: The patches for the new version have NOT been uploaded yet by CJ. 

EDIT: To STEP admins, I cannot seem to get empty spaces anymore between paragraphs.

Edited by Nearox

Ok. Sorry about that. I'll wait for the update and I'll read what you have changed. I just like to understand 100% of what I'm doing and what is in each file. It's just my personality. Believe me, I annoy people in real life too ;-). 

Does it matter that most of these mods can't utilize ELFX or ELE for the added interiors? Does it take away from immersion at all? Or is it something that you won't even really notice with a good ENB?

EDIT: I just read your REGS Patch description. That basically answered every single question that I could think of. Thank you. All I can say is wow, the amount of time and work that must have went into making these normally extremely NON-compatible mods work nicely together is exhausting to think about. Good fu**ing job guys. I really appreciate that. 

For the next update, we are considering (not promising) to restore all ETaC modified INTERIORS back to vanilla interiors so that you can safely use lighting mods without any issues. However, any new buildings or other new interior content will not be affected by such lighting mods. 

Edited by Nearox

@Nearox the closest thing I can tell you is to click the button next to the eraser(remove formatting) button and that should help.

You know like

This. I just do that and pressed enter to give myself an extra line, whenever something looks funky.