A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Can't pinpoint an exact cause yet but wanted to say that I experienced quite a few CTDs (which didn't happen before) around Dawnstar/Sea Of Ghosts area since installing the pack on top of SR:LE and a few other mods (*Interesting NPCs etc...)

Anyway' date=' thanks for the pack, great idea, will update if I can find any bug reproducibility.[/quote']

Dawnstar has always been a CTD prone area to me, even without mods, and ETaC doesn't help much in that regard with all the stuff it adds. I was however able to run ETaC + InconNPC + 3DNPC with SR:LE without problems when the memory patch was released. I suppose you're using that as well as ENBoost?

You might want to consider using the modular version of ETaC if you're having too much problems with Dawnstar/Falkreath.

I installed most of the REGS mods' date=' and it is too much for my system. I think it is ETaC, as it was in Falkreath where I got my first CTD. I have not felt a need to turn on FRAPS for many months, as I could consistently run between 40-60 (and mostly 50ish), but I knew something was happening so I turned it on. It was dropping to high teens depending on which way I was looking. A shame, because it was nice to see a town different than it has been during so many prior play throughs.[/quote']

Wow, I've seen reports of Falkreath causing crashes prior to the mempatch, but never anything about a significant FPS loss. You might want to consider using the modular version of ETaC without Falkreath, maybe use the Falkreath module of Immersive Settlements instead, seeing as how that's one of the few modules of IS that has working interiors and NPCs

I'm sorry if this was answered already' date=' but there's just too much to go through. What can I do with this pack if i do NOT have hearthfire?[/quote']

Well, as stated in the guide, you can still install most of the mods without DLC. Just don't install Realistic Room Rental Enhanced (you can use the basic version if you want its features), and install the inns from Expanded Towns and Cities instead. I think hearthfires of all DLCs is used only by 2-3 mods at most.

Hi!

First of all I would like to state that I think you've done a great job in putting together such a great pack; it's very tidy, has easy to follow instructions and great mods. I have been using several of these mods for a while, but I've been looking to expand and I therefore find myself in want of trying this pack out. That being said, there are a few mods that, for me, just doesn't feel right (which is why I won't comment on their inclusion, it's simply a matter of preference). Because I wish to avoid including them in my mod setup, I therefore have some questions about compatibility. The mods are:

Drinking Fountains of Skyrim 
Skyrim Sewers
Daggercross Alley
Apple Garden
SkyFix - Tidier Warmaidens Workshop
Whiterun Outskirts Market Patch
Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More
In addition, I favour Oakwood over Aurora Village (though I understand why you included it). I see many of the mods I have mentioned aren't amongst the patches' masters, is it therefore safe to assume that one could simply drop them? I am decently experienced in the use of TES5EDIT, so if you don't find it too much of an ask, I would be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of the records I need change/remove in order to be able to drop Skyrim Sewers. I use the "No Mercy"-patch in addition to the one for cities. 

I have had Interesting NPCs installed for a while now, and I feel it would be a shame to drop it. Should I just go ahead and install the patches for the mods included or do you recommend something else? I'd be willing to have a look at making a pack patch (i.e. merging and changing, where appropriate, the individual patches) for Interesting NPCs with TES5EDIT , if that would be of any help to you.

Thanks in advance, and once again, great job!

Well done on this Pack!

I am glad you found a workaround for mod notes that relate specifically to this Pack. Apologies that we don't yet have a better pack-dev infrastructure built. We will eventually once we move to a now forum solution and finish with that development (still several weeks of work on that front though).

EDIT: Regarding Realistic Room Rental - I did ignore the navmesh error, but I notice that the Riften rental room in the Bee & Barb now is bigger (wall is several feet further from the door), and the table is jammed into the bed (spatial conflict). I assume this to be the navmesh issue. Can anyone confirm and provide a solution?

Hi!

First of all I would like to state that I think you've done a great job in putting together such a great pack; it's very tidy, has easy to follow instructions and great mods. I have been using several of these mods for a while, but I've been looking to expand and I therefore find myself in want of trying this pack out. That being said, there are a few mods that, for me, just doesn't feel right (which is why I won't comment on their inclusion, it's simply a matter of preference). Because I wish to avoid including them in my mod setup, I therefore have some questions about compatibility. The mods are:

Drinking Fountains of Skyrim
Skyrim Sewers
Daggercross Alley
Apple Garden
SkyFix - Tidier Warmaidens Workshop
Whiterun Outskirts Market Patch
Sky Haven Temple Merchants and More

In addition, I favour Oakwood over Aurora Village (though I understand why you included it). I see many of the mods I have mentioned aren't amongst the patches' masters, is it therefore safe to assume that one could simply drop them? I am decently experienced in the use of TES5EDIT, so if you don't find it too much of an ask, I would be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of the records I need change/remove in order to be able to drop Skyrim Sewers. I use the "No Mercy"-patch in addition to the one for cities.

I have had Interesting NPCs installed for a while now, and I feel it would be a shame to drop it. Should I just go ahead and install the patches for the mods included or do you recommend something else? I'd be willing to have a look at making a pack patch (i.e. merging and changing, where appropriate, the individual patches) for Interesting NPCs with TES5EDIT , if that would be of any help to you.

Thanks in advance, and once again, great job!

Well, actually, the main reason why the patch is needed is actually to make Skyrim Sewers compatible with everything else on that list. If you do not wish to use Skyrim Sewers, you can go ahead and disable REGS Patch - Cities.esp entirely, as well as the No Mercy patch (since that one is also for compatibility with Skyrim Sewers and the No Mercy quest)

The Whiterun Outskirts Market however is a part of the REGS - Cities.esp, and cannot be removed via Tes5Edit... It would have to be done via the CK...

I'd also like to point out that this pack IS compatible with INPCs, as long as you load INPCs before it. As for Oakwood, the reason why we went for Aurora over it is because the Oakwood NPCs tend to die in a couple of hits, I was passing through there with a touring carriage, and 2 wolves + the carriage managed to kill the whole village... Plus Aurora is actually superior in every aspect imho.

Well done on this Pack!

I am glad you found a workaround for mod notes that relate specifically to this Pack. Apologies that we don't yet have a better pack-dev infrastructure built. We will eventually once we move to a now forum solution and finish with that development (still several weeks of work on that front though).

EDIT: Regarding Realistic Room Rental - I did ignore the navmesh error, but I notice that the Riften rental room in the Bee & Barb now is bigger (wall is several feet further from the door), and the table is jammed into the bed (spatial conflict). I assume this to be the navmesh issue. Can anyone confirm and provide a solution?

Huh, that's weird, I'm going to check it out right now...

Waht you're describing however isn't a navmesh error, navmeshes only affect movement of NPCs, nothing else (basically they tell NPCs where they can walk), and the navmesh warning from BOSS was about a deleted navmesh in the Moorside Inn on an old version of the mod anyway...

Also, concerning the pack form (which is a bit annoying to use because it doesn't have a preview button for some of the categories, and forces you to edit each category on it's own), have you considered including a system such as the one in the STEP guide where you can specify whether a mod is core or not? It would be really useful for this pack :P

And thanks to both of you :D

Alright Zed, could you please post a screenshot of what you're referring to? I just entered the Bee and Barb and none of the rooms seemed off to me (also, with RRR Enhanced, the innkeeper will assign you a different room sometimes, so I don't know which one of the 3 you're referring to)

*snip*

Thanks! I patched a few conflicts into my merged patch anyway (including merging the Realistic Room Rental Patch). I guess I'll have to learn to like Whiterun outskirts market. As for Oakwood versus Aurora Village, I favour Oakwood for silly reasons really. It's a bit smaller and more unique architecture wise, and I like the name better. 

May I humbly suggest you take a look at this? It's a nice little village predominately populated by Dunmer high up in the mountains above Falkreath with a really unique atmosphere. I think it's as well made as, if not better than, most of ThirteenOranges' villages. Another mod of his named Telvanni Bug Musk Merchant might also be worth having a look at. It doesn't do much, but a bit of memorabilia never hurts your immersion.

EDIT: You're not supposed to download the 1.26 update for Nernies City and Village Expansion?

Alright Zed' date=' could you please post a screenshot of what you're referring to? I just entered the Bee and Barb and none of the rooms seemed off to me (also, with RRR Enhanced, the innkeeper will assign you a different room sometimes, so I don't know which one of the 3 you're referring to)[/quote']

I can't post a screen right now, but it is the room in the center if you walk straight ahead after going up the stairs. Just imagine the table embedded into the bed and the wall moved back several feet away from the door. the chest should be in the corner, but it is now in the middle of the room. Definitely a mod conflict, but in never showed for me until I installed Realistic Room Rental. It may not be that mod specifically, but I suspect that it is an interaction with that and some other mod (Requiem build ... and I did have and removed Dawn of Riften, which could have left something behind ... ?

Also, yes core mods for Packs will come at some point.

*snip*

Thanks! I patched a few conflicts into my merged patch anyway (including merging the Realistic Room Rental Patch). I guess I'll have to learn to like Whiterun outskirts market. As for Oakwood versus Aurora Village' date=' I favour Oakwood for silly reasons really. It's a bit smaller and more unique architecture wise, and I like the name better.[/quote']

Well, concerning the market, we do feel it's a bit overkill as well, so it's going to be revamped in a future update, with some of the stalls removed, and the inn replaced by a smaller and more fitting tavern.

BTW, if you use oakwood, I think it has a deleted navmesh that needs fixing.

May I humbly suggest you take a look at this? It's a nice little village predominately populated by Dunmer high up in the mountains above Falkreath with a really unique atmosphere. I think it's as well made as' date=' if not better than, most of ThirteenOranges' villages.[/quote']

I'll be damned, a guy who managed to make a good looking city! What is this sorcery?

Anyway, we'll have to check it out ingame and test it, which I'm afraid is going to take some time since there are other priorities at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion :D

Another mod of his named Telvanni Bug Musk Merchant might also be worth having a look at. It doesn't do much' date=' but a bit of memorabilia never hurts your immersion.[/quote']

My main gripe with the Telvanni bug musk merchant is that items like that are impossible to balance for every user, someone using Requiem, Trade and Barter or Trade Routes might find that overpowered for example.

EDIT: You're not supposed to download the 1.26 update for Nernies City and Village Expansion?

The 1.26 update is just an esp' date=' and since you have to disable the esp anyway, it's pointless to grab it :p

I can't post a screen right now, but it is the room in the center if you walk straight ahead after going up the stairs. Just imagine the table embedded into the bed and the wall moved back several feet away from the door. the chest should be in the corner, but it is now in the middle of the room. Definitely a mod conflict, but in never showed for me until I installed Realistic Room Rental. It may not be that mod specifically, but I suspect that it is an interaction with that and some other mod (Requiem build ... and I did have and removed Dawn of Riften, which could have left something behind ... ?

Also, yes core mods for Packs will come at some point.

Doesn't requiem add stuff to the inns? Anyway, here are 3 screenshots of the central room and 2 of the side ones, and as you can see, there are no issues (unless I'm very much blind or completely missing the point :P )

You could use MFG Console to determine which mod adds the items or moves the walls in that inn. If it's indeed Requiem or an important mod, I'd recommend switching to the basic RRR version, and using ETaC's inns instead.

The Cutting Room Floor version in the notes is outdated.

Yeah, you can grab the latest version, NPCs will act a bit stupid when trying to get into nazeem's manor however, since I've not gotten around to moving the navmesh around to reflect the new door's position. Nothing game breaking afaik.

@MonoAccipiter

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions. Greatly appreciated. I see CJ already mentioned that WOM is currently being reviewed and will go through further changes in the future so that it is slightly more befitting to that part of whiterun exterior. I'll add a note to nernie's city about not having to downlaod the 1.26 version.

With regards to the mods you preferred not to include, usually as long as it doesn't have a master esp then it is safe. However the REGS esps contain many navmesh edits and other fixes on which there is dependency by 1 or more mods. Fixing a navmesh is difficult (if not, impossible) with an additional esp so in some cases you must use a mod (as CJ mentioned with regards to WOM) for which the navmesh got edited, (un)disabled or removed if that particular mod is part of the REGS esps. In almost all cases, you have to use the REGS files because they not only contain fixes for individual REGS mod, but also with vanilla/USKPs and for cross-mod compatibility. Quite a few of the REGS mods were individually broken and they were fixed by CJ and combined in the REGS files to reduces the amount of esps. Smaller mods like Drinking of Fountains, you can safely remove them from your modlist. 

In the future we'll probably make some more notes about whether a mod is a core component or not but at the moment the focus is on further development and ensuring compatiblity with STEP & SRLE.

Thanks for the info and the screens. I'll check using another MO profile and save game to see what may be happening and post back what I find.

OK, first image in each set is what it should be like, and second is what it is like. Bed, table, chair, chest, and back wall conflict with confirmed to be touched by RealisticRoomRenal.esp, and not loading the plugin resolves. Requiem is at play here with regard to the chest only, and the rest is Skyrim.esm. I am using the Enhanced version, so that is probably not compatible ... with Skyrim!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm pretty sure requiem also moves the walls around :p (speaking of which, Mfg Console can give you the formIDs and whatever esps affect the walls and floors in interior)

As I said, you'll just have to drop the enhanced version. It's not like it's of any use to you anyway, seeing as how Requiem already provides the same features. :)