A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Thanks for the replies, guys! I've readded the Whiterun Market mod, and installed the rest of the pack. As I'm unsure of exactly what the Interesting NPCs patch for RRRE does, I'll be adding it back and removing the records from my merged patch (considering the fact that I'm way off the esp limit, that shouldn't be too much of a problem). Is the broken navmesh in Oakwood something TES5EDIT would clean (cause I've already done that) or do I need to open up the Creation Kit?

Glad you liked the look of Snowbound Acres! It has some nice interiors too, including a tavern with a unique layout (afaik) and some Dunmer lighting. The local historian is an interesting chap! He doesn't talk too much, but you can piece together some of his story from having a look at his home. He's also got two unique skill books and a safe which any thief might want to have a look in. You might want to note that the town's smith is a master trainer, although if I am to be completly honest, I would consider the climb up to Snowbound Acres harder than the act of leveling Smithing in Vanilla Skyrim. ;)

If there's anything else I can do for you, I'd be happy to help.

@Z The RRRE author says installing the mod on an existing game can cause problems like the ones you are experiencing. Might that be your only sin?

EDIT: I understand the balancing issue with the Telvanni Bug Musk Merchant. I personally use Scarcity along with Trade and Barter (with the author's recommended setting for medium difficulty), and I'm constantly running out of money, even after collecting the massive Wyrmstooth Bounty.

Unfortunately, deleted navmeshes can only be repaired by using the CK. Sometimes in combination with TES5edit (this method is explained by Arthmoor) depending on the kind of fix needed. 

Just a note: We have tested Oakwood during the development of the initial release. In my own experience, I was crashing continueously in that area and also had the same issues that CJ described earlier. The crashing might be related to the deleted navmeshes (which we didn't fix as we opted for the imho much higher quality mod Aurora Village). 

Is the broken navmesh in Oakwood something TES5EDIT would clean (cause I've already done that) or do I need to open up the Creation Kit?

As I said, I'm not sure there is actually a deleted navmesh in Oakwood, I just remember a couple of 13oranges had some :p

And yes, it can be fixed with Tes5Edit, it's just a question of changing the formID.

Some of them have patches (like ETaC and the College) and others will work off the bat (REGS, Dawn of, etc...)

I've never bothered to check how ELFX works though, so I don't know what the interiors will look like. If I had to guess, I'd say they'll use vanilla lighting but darker if ELFX changes the vanilla imagespaces.

Few more questions:

1.) The directions for the REGS patch load order are confusing. What should the final load order be?

2.) I dont use the STEP Patch....the REGS Patch contains a STEP Patch .esp. How do I work around this?

1. What is not clear about it? The instructions are under the heading "BOSS Userlist Sorting"  at the end of the guide and they tell you how to configure the load order with BUM. If you could point out where your problem is then I can help.

2. If you don't use STEP extended, then you don't need to use the REGS STEP Patch. You must use the other REGS patches that came with the FOMOD installer otherwise you will 1) miss mods and 2) have high chance for CTDs/bugs/weird NPC behaviour.

Having a headache atm, so I'm not really to post the update yet.

Here's the changelog anyway, I might have missed a couple things.

REGS Updates:- Removed Solitude Docks District and replaced it by a small jetty, since it was causing severe performance issues.- Removed Whiterun Outskirts Market because it didn't really fit that well.- Added a smaller and befitting tavern to the Whiterun outskirt instead.- Added a bathhouse to Solitude. It is however locked for now, since the interior is not done.- Redid the navmesh of the Whiterun area (again).- Fixed some navmesh issues in the Windhelm area.- Updated for compatibility with Cutting Room Floor 1.0.4a.- Removed dependencies on the Dragonborn DLC, you can now use most of the pack without any DLC.- Removed the need for several patches that were required in previous versions.Pack Updates:- Added High Hrothgar Overhaul by MannyGT.- Added Hearthfire Chimneys for Skyrim by Scarla.- Added Understone Keep Fountains and Rubble by Venatoris.- Added Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins by Rhinala70 and phaota.- Dropped SkyFix - Warmaiden's.

A note on load order and setting it with BUM:  If you're playing with Interesting NPCs (3DNPC.esp), set the load order of the REGS patches to the bottom of 'Companions Load Early', rather than the bottom on 'City Overhauls' as specified in the REGS installation guide.  In fact, I suggest that you might go so far as to put them at the bottom of 'Compatibility Patches', to make sure they load after other 3DNPC patches (RRRE and ETaC in my build), for safety.

The reason for this is that the REGS navmeshes must load *after* those in 3DNPC.esp, but the 'City Overhauls' section loads way before it.   If you look at the BOSS rules, you'll see that *lots* of mods are set up to load after 3DNPC.esp if it's loaded.

To the makers of this mod, well done!  I'm still in the process of creating a new Skyrim build (SR:LE + REGS + lots of other stuff), so I haven't played with it yet, but it looks excellent, and I deeply appreciate all the work that you did creating patches and navmeshes to get it all to work together.

Galen

A note on load order and setting it with BUM:  If you're playing with Interesting NPCs (3DNPC.esp), set the load order of the REGS patches to the bottom of 'Companions Load Early', rather than the bottom on 'City Overhauls' as specified in the REGS installation guide.

The reason for this is that the REGS navmeshes must load *after* those in 3DNPC.esp, but the 'City Overhauls' section loads way before it.   If you look at the BOSS rules, you'll see that *lots* of mods are set up to load after 3DNPC.esp if it's loaded.

To the makers of this mod, well done!  I'm still in the process of creating a new Skyrim build (SR:LE + REGS + lots of other stuff), so I haven't played with it yet, but it looks excellent, and I deeply appreciate all the work that you did creating patches and navmeshes to get it all to work together.

Galen

Thanks for your support :)

And thanks for the info about 3DNPC, I forgot that I had an override rule set for it to put it at the start of my load order as it should be so I didn't notice that it loaded after REGS with the default rule.

Honestly I don't get why the masterlist puts 3DNPC near the bottom of the list then makes exceptions, it should just put it in the load early category imo...

Glad to help!

Another conflict note:   Aurora Village is totally incompatible with the Anduniel companion mod, as Anduniel puts a meadery on the same site.   As I would rather have Anduniel than Aurora (good companion mods are way rarer than new villages), my question is:  how much of the REGS pack depends on Aurora?   Any expected problems if I just take it out and put Anduniel in it's place?

Galen

The pack doesn't technically depend on any mod (other than the USKPand the Dragonborn DLC at the moment, which won't even be needed with the next update). The REGS Patch however depends on Skyrim Sewers, Faction: Pit Fighters, and Cutting Floor.

This kind of pack heavily depends on user preference after all, it would be silly of me to force people to use all the mods on the list (even though it would be easier :p )