A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

AHHHHH, just finished setting it up, what (cliff's version) was wrong with the IS-Falkreath?Also, I love this pack

Nothing wrong with IS, except the fact that it adds new houses that don't have interiors, and the fact that the mod's permissions are too limited.

They WILL work, they just won't use the new lights :<

By they, you're talking about the new Interiors, right? Vanilla interiors WILL use the new ELFX source. I just want to make sure I captured that correctly.

How noticeable is it without ELFX/ELE in interiors? For the record, I only use the main ELFX Files. I'm wondering how interiors would look without elfx/ele and just ENB. 

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Guys, thanks a lot ::): ...but...have you removed Fen Heim (Morthal player house) in your custom ETaC version?

Yup, it was a whiterun themed house in Morthal... Not only does it not fit architecture-wise, but it also doesn't even have snow on it :/

By they, you're talking about the new Interiors, right? Vanilla interiors WILL use the new ELFX source. I just want to make sure I captured that correctly.How noticeable is it without ELFX/ELE in interiors? For the record, I only use the main ELFX Files. I'm wondering how interiors would look without elfx/ele and just ENB.

I have no idea how it'll look since it depends on the lightning mods you're running. Look at it yourself ingame if you want to know.

Just thought I'd give you guys (CJ2311 and Nearox) props for this. I had just got done adding a ton of mods to Skyrim, and after playing for a while I realized none of my mods added much to the game world itself. Then I just happened to stumble on this guide while looking for mods and I couldn't be happier. 

One quick question though. After adding all the userlist rules and running BOSS, I'm getting the warning,

"Note: The order of plugins set by BOSS differs from their order in its masterlist, as one or more of the installed plugins is false-flagged."

I noticed this from the changelog, 

• Hotfix for the ETaC - Complete.esp replacer which was falsely flagged as a master.

But I still get the same message from BOSS after installing the new version. Edit: err, not even sure if this has anything to do with the BOSS message, just thought I'd mention it.

Edit 2: After looking at my load order a little more, it looks like this message was caused by Wyrmstooth.esp, which is false-flagged as an ESM (which is intentional, I'm guessing). This was causing some my Skyproc patches to have their masters sorted incorrectly, but I was able to fix it by sorting the masters using TES5Edit.

Edit 3: Ok, so apparently the masters weren't getting sorted incorrectly. Wrye Bash apparently has a visual bug where ESPs will show up as orange when one of their masters is false-flagged. I uploaded this picture to illustrate what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/i6Y9H7x.jpg

As you can see, the icon for Reproccer.esp is orange, and the box on the right side of the screen doesn't reflect my actual load order. Right clicking on Reproccer.esp and selecting "List Masters" displays the correct order (which is the box in the middle).

Err yea... so it's just a visual bug. Nothing to see here  :ermm:

Edited by Arkaedius

Well, now that the forums are back up, I'd like to point that I released a hotfix for the ETaC replacer, seeing as how I forgot to turn back into an esp (plugins need to be flagged as an esm to load properly as masters in the CK, for some silly reason)

Just thought I'd give you guys (CJ2311 and Nearox) props for this. I had just got done adding a ton of mods to Skyrim, and after playing for a while I realized none of my mods added much to the game world itself. Then I just happened to stumble on this guide while looking for mods and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks, always happy to know we've managed to improve someone's game :)

One quick question though. After adding all the userlist rules and running BOSS, I'm getting the warning,

"Note: The order of plugins set by BOSS differs from their order in its masterlist, as one or more of the installed plugins is false-flagged."[/size]

I noticed this from the changelog,

[*]Hotfix for the ETaC - Complete.esp replacer which was falsely flagged as a master.

But I still get the same message from BOSS after installing the new version. Edit: err, not even sure if this has anything to do with the BOSS message, just thought I'd mention it.

Edit 2: After looking at my load order a little more, it looks like this message was caused by Wyrmstooth.esp, which is false-flagged as an ESM (which is intentional, I'm guessing). This was causing some my Skyproc patches to have their masters sorted incorrectly, but I was able to fix it by sorting the masters using TES5Edit.

Well, the old version could have caused this problem, but it was indeed fixed with the hotfix, so I don't really know what could be causing that, maybe you have an outdated unofficial patch? Wyrmstooth is supposed to be a master btw, so I doubt the problem comes from that...

• +1 1

Yup, it was a whiterun themed house in Morthal... Not only does it not fit architecture-wise, but it also doesn't even have snow on it :/ 

Yes, you're right, it was not very lore friendly! Lucky me, I had all my alchemy ingredients in the basement, which has not been removed, so I COCced in, get all of them and COCced out  :cool:

Now,  after several hours of play with this pack (added to my previous modlist with SRLE + Skyre + various handmade patches), I have to thank you very much and wish to carry on the good work. Moreover, if you need a beta tester for the next releases, I'm here.

Glad to hear the combo of REGS + SRLE + SkyRe works for you. We are indeed in need of another tester. Not necessarily for beta testing, but for testing versions after release. With the 2 of us it gets difficult to iron out all the small bugs/errors/inconsistencies which are often only discovered when larger amounts of people start to play with it.

In fact, MonoAccipiter sent us an extensive bug list today which we appreciate immensely. It contains details that sometimes rise to the surface only when playing with the pack for a longer time and with a sharp eye.

Razcor if you have the time, would you be willing to write a small report with your findings? For example, when you walk around an exterior or interior area added by REGS, try to look into the little corners and see if there is anything wrong. It could for instance be a slightly misplaced texture, a plant from SFO regular going through a building, an NPC walking the same path (or standing still) over and over (indicating a navmesh issue). Or you could report on where your FPS drops to unacceptable levels. With the latest version, REGS got optimized a lot and most of the major FPS loss causes have been removed (fortunately they were also the worst parts of certain mods).

Should you find the time, thanks in advance!

Edited by Nearox

I'm working on getting this working with my SRLE setup and so far it's working pretty well (other then almost maxing out my ESP count ;)). Windhelm, however, has a couple weird spots. The main problem is this section:

https://i.imgur.com/cskHq5W.jpg

Any idea what could be causing that and what mod is placing the trees throughout the city? With the snow covered aspens from SFO, they look a bit out of place.

Also, is the Solitude windmill supposed to be red? If so, cool, because I like it but it is pretty different so I want to make sure it's not an installation error ;).

So far I've visited Windhelm, Falkreath, Solitude, and Whiterun and these are the only problems I've seen so far. Will keep looking and testing. 

Yes, you're right, it was not very lore friendly! Lucky me, I had all my alchemy ingredients in the basement, which has not been removed, so I COCced in, get all of them and COCced out :cool:Now, after several hours of play with this pack (added to my previous modlist with SRLE + Skyre + various handmade patches), I have to thank you very much and wish to carry on the good work. Moreover, if you need a beta tester for the next releases, I'm here.

Ah yes, I sometimes forget to mention the things that have become obvious for me, like the fact that it's always preferable to take out all of the items you have placed in custom cells before updating them. Sorry, force of habit, you know :p

I'm working on getting this working with my SRLE setup and so far it's working pretty well (other then almost maxing out my ESP count ;)). Windhelm, however, has a couple weird spots. The main problem is this section:https://i.imgur.com/cskHq5W.jpgAny idea what could be causing that and what mod is placing the trees throughout the city? With the snow covered aspens from SFO, they look a bit out of place.Also, is the Solitude windmill supposed to be red? If so, cool, because I like it but it is pretty different so I want to make sure it's not an installation error ;).So far I've visited Windhelm, Falkreath, Solitude, and Whiterun and these are the only problems I've seen so far. Will keep looking and testing.

Those trees are added by Dawn of Windhelm, I agree that they do look out of place with that version of SFO though. The tower in the background with the ugly texture is there in the vanilla game however, I'm not sure why it looks that bad for you... Maybe some kind of messed up mesh from Project Parallax? (Just a wild guess)The red windmill from Solitude is the result of using SMIM, that's a new feature in the latest version: adding sails to the windmills, Whiterun has yellowish ones IIRC, probably to make them match the city's banners.For the esp count, you could always give the Merge plugin for TES5Edit by mator a try, I'm currently at more than 300 esps thanks to that :p

Glad to hear the combo of REGS + SRLE + SkyRe works for you. We are indeed in need of another tester. Not necessarily for beta testing, but for testing versions after release. With the 2 of us it gets difficult to iron out all the small bugs/errors/inconsistencies which are often only discovered when larger amounts of people start to play with it.In fact, MonoAccipiter sent us an extensive bug list today which we appreciate immensely. It contains details that sometimes rise to the surface only when playing with the pack for a longer time and with a sharp eye.Razcor if you have the time, would you be willing to write a small report with your findings? For example, when you walk around an exterior or interior area added by REGS, try to look into the little corners and see if there is anything wrong. It could for instance be a slightly misplaced texture, a plant from SFO regular going through a building, an NPC walking the same path (or standing still) over and over (indicating a navmesh issue). Or you could report on where your FPS drops to unacceptable levels. With the latest version, REGS got optimized a lot and most of the major FPS loss causes have been removed (fortunately they were also the worst parts of certain mods).Should you find the time, thanks in advance!

Of course! My  playstyle is quite slow (no fast travel, a lot of walking / hunting in the wilds and rolepaly), but I will accelerate a bit and wander around checking for any bugs; as I plan to play extensively in the the next 3-4 days, early next week I'll have a report for you. 

I should note that, to make the game more fluid on my not-so-powerful-system, I nerfed SRLE a bit: external textures always at 1k, medium version of RW2, light version of SMIM, SFO basic, etc, for reference I will enclose my modlist. to the report.

Ah yes, I sometimes forget to mention the things that have become obvious for me, like the fact that it's always preferable to take out all of the items you have placed in custom cells before updating them. Sorry, force of habit, you know :p

Yep, this is also my habit, but being too excited by the new EP release, I had completely forgotten that, given the "poisonous" of my murderess, I was using the cottage in Morthal as storage for ingredients  ::P:

Those trees are added by Dawn of Windhelm, I agree that they do look out of place with that version of SFO though. The tower in the background with the ugly texture is there in the vanilla game however, I'm not sure why it looks that bad for you... Maybe some kind of messed up mesh from Project Parallax? (Just a wild guess) 

You were correct. Project Parallax was the problem with the tower. It was also causing problems with the dock door frames. I removed both of those meshes and now they look fine. 

I still have a couple more cities to test, but so far this seems to be working very well with SRLE. I had to change the position of the REGS patches so they came before ELFX/ELE (the instructions provided sorted them after) and I'll have to test Wet & Cold - Holidays since I'm pretty sure it adds decorations to some of the cities, but other then that I haven't had to change much. The REGS patches and the SR Conflict Resolution patch seem to be conflict free as well, which is nice. 

Care to list which 2 meshes that would be, so we could tell Neovalen about them for his SR:LE guide?

EDIT: Nvm that, got the meshes' names already, will post them in the SR:LE thread.

Also, goddamn boss userlist putting 3DNPC in the stupidest place ever in the load order, it's actually what ruins the load order, I didn't realize putting REGS at the bottom of companions load early would make it load after lighting mods, seeing as I don't use any in my testing... Will move it back to the original place and put a note for 3DNPC users to shove that mod at the start of their load order.

Edited by CJ2311