A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Thanks!  That's what I thought - and looking in TESVEdit suggested - but I figured it never hurts to check.  May I suggest that you put that note in the install guide?

Another minor note:  The link from the REGS wiki page (https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide) to the forums does not work (it points to https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4922, which 404's for me).   Any chace this can be corrected, so people can more easily find this forum?

Now, as soon as I get Realistic Room Rental Enhanced to play well with Moonpath to Elseweyr, I'll actually try to start *playing* the game, rather than modding it, as I've been doing for the past week...

Galen

Thanks!  That's what I thought - and looking in TESVEdit suggested - but I figured it never hurts to check.  May I suggest that you put that note in the install guide?

That was already agreed on a couple of hours ago, actually :P (I mean marking which mods are necessary)

Another minor note: The link from the REGS wiki page (https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide) to the forums does not work (it points to https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4922, which 404's for me). Any chace this can be corrected, so people can more easily find this forum?

I'm afraid that cannot be fixed by me, since it's due to the change in forum software, and seeing as that link is automatically generated.

Now, as soon as I get Realistic Room Rental Enhanced to play well with Moonpath to Elseweyr, I'll actually try to start *playing* the game, rather than modding it, as I've been doing for the past week...

Technically you could just put Moonpath before RRR in your load order, and then disable (via Tes5Edit, CK, or just the ingame console) the oven that's blocking the door to the moonpath quest in the inn.Also, I used to think that I'd be able to play the game like you, but then I took a TES5Edit in the knee.

Heh - I know all to well how nasty a TES5Edit wound can be...  Hope you heal up soon and can go back out and kick some dragons again...

Thanks for the suggestion re: RRRE + MPTE.   However, not knowing exactly what the issue was, I decided the simplest solution was just to toss RRRE, as I really didn't need it's core functionality.   Besides, I'm getting way close to the 255 mod limit, so any excuse to toss an untried mod is welcome.  This is why I really appreciate the work that the STEP team is doing, as STEP gives me an excellent guide to what mods are worth playing, and which ones play well together, without me having to experiment too much.  Kudos to you all!

Now, it seems that all my mods are in order, so I think it's finally time to go walk into an Imperial ambush on the border of Skyrim...

The pack doesn't technically depend on any mod (other than the USKPand the Dragonborn DLC at the moment, which won't even be needed with the next update). The REGS Patch however depends on Skyrim Sewers, Faction: Pit Fighters, and Cutting Floor.

So I can drop ETaC? I tried playing with it, but I just can't handle the conflicting architecture in some of the towns (e.g. Morthal). Perhaps some of Immersive Settlements' modules will look better. Soltitude looks good though, but it's already got a bathouse at the docks, are you sure it need another one?

I'd still recommend to wait a few hours for the REGS update TBH :P

The pack doesn't technically depend on any mod (other than the USKPand the Dragonborn DLC at the moment, which won't even be needed with the next update). The REGS Patch however depends on Skyrim Sewers, Faction: Pit Fighters, and Cutting Floor.

So I can drop ETaC? I tried playing with it, but I just can't handle the conflicting architecture in some of the towns (e.g. Morthal). Perhaps some of Immersive Settlements' modules will look better. Soltitude looks good though, but it's already got a bathouse at the docks, are you sure it need another one?

Solitude docks district has been dropped, therefore, no more bathhouse in the docks. And yes, you can use ETaC modular or drop it altogether, just remember not to use the STEP-REGS Patch if you do since it's basically a patch for ETaC + BYOD.

*snip*

I have all the time in the world. There's an ESO beta this weekend, I have plenty of homework to do, and I'm sure I could find some time to work on some of my own projects (an overhaul for Wyrmstooth's Fort Valus amongst them). I'll be patiently waiting. As for how I feel that ETaC's changes doesn't fit with the towns, I guess a good example would be how Soltitude looks with REGS installed. The buldings added (the cobbler, baker etc) looks like they could've been a part of Soltitude in the original game. Same bulding materials, and design is especially important. I guess what I mean to say is that missjennabee has done a great job with her added buildings and npcs and everything, but small details (like the new brews in Falkreath) that doesn't fit with the feel of the game just bugs me too much. Anyways, I'll be waiting for the update. :-)

*snip*

I guess a good example would be how Soltitude looks with REGS installed. The buldings added (the cobbler, baker etc) looks like they could've been a part of Soltitude in the original game. Same bulding materials, and design is especially important. I guess what I mean to say is that missjennabee has done a great job with her added buildings and npcs and everything, but small details (like the new brews in Falkreath) that doesn't fit with the feel of the game just bugs me too much. Anyways, I'll be waiting for the update. :-)

Yes I partially agree with you there. I too wish that missjennabee would release a version where some buildings are more identicial to vanilla. Do keep in mind that some of her buildings are very similar to vanilla (such as the ones you can find in Morthal or Dragon Bridge). On the other hand, vanilla village buildings all basically use the same textures and form... Something which would be rather strange for a territory and diversity as large as Skyrim but that's just imo

One way to somewhat circumvent this is to use the mod Better Town Textures although I am not sure if it still works with recent versions of ETaC

Taken as a whole, ETaC adds just too much good and simply gorgeous environments to the Skyrim world for it not to be included because a few buildings don't match the vanilla style.

*snip*

Indeed, it does have its charms. The graveyard in Falkreath for example is something I'm sorry to have to give up. I agree with the fact that it's strange that all of the buldings look the same, but what bugs me about ETaC is how some buildings have completly different colours and style than the rest of the town (e.g. some houses in Morthal looking like they belong in Whiterun's sunny tundra, not a village situated in the middle of a swamp). Thanks for the Better Towns Textures link, it looks really good! :)

I just noticed that REGS -Resources.esm doesn't forward USKP's changes to several merchants' chests, is this intentional? USKP's added item is this:

PerkMasterTraderGold [LVLI:0010C1CC]

EDIT: It also overwrites USKP's sound change to "FoodAppleCabbageStew". USKP's change is adding this (I believe it's already there in all of the other stew records):

NPCHumanEatSoup [SNDR:0010E2EA]

Is this intentional?