A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Thank you for the 2.1, installing/updating just right now!

I take this opportunity to point out this mod, Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim  (no particular incompatibility with the explorer hack pack version 2.0).

Thanks, will check that out and see how we could integrate it, although I'd have to contact the author and work with him if it really is missing navmeshes and follower support before even considering adding it to the mod list.

Installing REGS for the first time and noticed that the links to the Steam Installation Guide are broken

Yeah, the move to IPB broke all the forum links, and I'm unable to find what thread that was on... Will probably have to make a guide. Nearox pls gibe guide.

Ehm, is it ok that Whiterun Outskirts Market is still in Whiterun Mod List?

Huh? What is this Whiterun Outskirts Market you're talking about? :P

Good catch, it wasn't really causing any problems since the esp has to be disabled, but one less download is always better.

So, to install steam workshop mods, I'm guessing subscribe to them, start launcher through steam and wait for mod to download, 7-zip the .bsa and .esp thats been downloaded to the data directory, install the .7z with MO, unsubscribe and delete .bsa and .esp from data folder?

I just fixed the links for the Steam Installation Guide :)

• +1 1

Good news guys, we've actually got permissions from a couple of modders who currently have their mods featured in the guide to actually merge their mods in the main file. Which means that the next update (no ETA) will have even less esp files. :dance:Huge thanks to MannyGT and Viltuska for agreeing to this :)

On a totally unrelated note: Concerning Expanded Towns and Cities, which buildings would you guys consider out of place at the moment? We could get rid of them as well as fix some issues with a replacer esp. 

Have you guys considered MadFrenchie's Fight Against the Thalmor mods? They add some interesting areas in addition to the quests.

Yeah, but his mods have been abandoned, and he requests asking for permission before allowing people to fix his mods, which means they're stuck in an eternal state of being this huge source of incompatibility/ctd fest.For example, The Cyrodiil Frontier one is unplayable with Helgen Reborn, and the South Dragon Bridge can make TC crash whenever you pass the bridge. And to use only part 1 and 3 of the mods would be kind of weird, considering their story is linked.

• +1 1

Good news guys, we've actually got permissions from a couple of modders who currently have their mods featured in the guide to actually merge their mods in the main file. Which means that the next update (no ETA) will have even less esp files. :dance:Huge thanks to MannyGT and Viltuska for agreeing to this :)

On a totally unrelated note: Concerning Expanded Towns and Cities, which buildings would you guys consider out of place at the moment? We could get rid of them as well as fix some issues with a replacer esp. 

Yeah, but his mods have been abandoned, and he requests asking for permission before allowing people to fix his mods, which means they're stuck in an eternal state of being this huge source of incompatibility/ctd fest.For example, The Cyrodiil Frontier one is unplayable with Helgen Reborn, and the South Dragon Bridge can make TC crash whenever you pass the bridge. And to use only part 1 and 3 of the mods would be kind of weird, considering their story is linked.

That explains it, I've never actually played them myself, but I thought they looked good. As for ETaC building, I didn't play with the mod very long, but I remember at least some of the buildings in Morthal looking out of place. I believe this is because they used Whiterun's farmhouse model. One of the buildings were situated at the part of the town which is across the bridge, towards the swamp/mire. I also thought the new "Direlight Farm"-building looked overly bright and colorful in comparison with Falkreath's other architecture (it also looks odd that it uses paint, which I've never seen on any other building in Skyrim). Also, I find that the beverages added have labels that look way to modern. That being said, I still think missjennabee has done a great job, it's just that I like it when mods feel like they're a part of the game (like Nernies additions to Solitude and Immersive College of Winterhold), and ETaC just doesn't feel that way because of its conflicting design.  

By the way, since I don't use ETaC, using the normal Hearthfire Chimneys file should work fine, right? + Does the merging of mods mean we'll see a less modular pack going forward?

Edited by MonoAccipiter

As for ETaC building, I didn't play with the mod very long, but I remember at least some of the buildings in Morthal looking out of place. I believe this is because they used Whiterun's farmhouse model. One of the buildings were situated at the part of the town which is across the bridge, towards the swamp/mire. I also thought the new "Direlight Farm"-building looked overly bright and colorful in comparison with Falkreath's other architecture (it also looks odd that it uses paint, which I've never seen on any other building in Skyrim).

Thanks for the feedback on that, I'll start looking at what can be done to improve Morthal tomorrow. :)

Also, I find that the beverages added have labels that look way to modern.

I'm afraid I can't do much to fix that, my photoshop skills are rusty to say the least :p

That being said, I still think missjennabee has done a great job, it's just that I like it when mods feel like they're a part of the game (like Nernies additions to Solitude and Immersive College of Winterhold), and ETaC just doesn't feel that way because of its conflicting design.

Well, some of the villages from ETaC do fit perfectly though, Riverwood being a prime example of that.

By the way, since I don't use ETaC, using the normal Hearthfire Chimneys file should work fine, right? + Does the merging of mods mean we'll see a less modular pack going forward?

Yeah, you should use the normal version indeed.Concerning the merging, not everything's going to be merged, just the mods that don't interfere much, like Skyrim Sewers (since some of the sewer grates are already in the vanilla game and can simply be ignored anyway)Stuff like Daggercross Alley or Apple Garden for example won't be merged in the main file.

Based upon what I've seen from Gophers lets play the Fight Against the Thalmor series has quite a few bugs.

Aye it does, and it also interferes with other mods in the list.

Well, some of the villages from ETaC do fit perfectly though, Riverwood being a prime example of that. 

Riverwood is great, my 2 etac favorites are darkwater crossing and kynesgrove.

Hey guys, I'm sorry but I am still confused on the REGS Patch. 

Setup: I don't want to use the three mods that the patch requires (sewers, faction, and cutting room floor) and I do not use the STEP patch (I download all the mod patches individually). Do I STILL need to use the Regs patch, and if so, which esps/files do I need. I really appreciate it. Thank you.