A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

@DYEMB: In that specific case, no indeed you don't need the REGS files. You will however be missing uskp forwards and other small fixes for other mods which you will have to patch in tes5edit yourself to make it work. 

Small announcement: CJ is doing fantastic work in the CK at the moment regarding cleaning up ETaC. The content added by ETaC is going to look more like vanilla and more consistent on a per village/town basis overall. You can also expect performance improvements in places like Dawnstar, Falkreath and Morthal due to some  ETaC stuff being removed there. 

@DYEMB: In that specific case, no indeed you don't need the REGS files. You will however be missing uskp forwards and other small fixes for other mods which you will have to patch in tes5edit yourself to make it work. 

If I instead use those 3 required mods and then install the REGS Patch but NOT the regs - step patch, will I be good to go? 

The regs step patch is mostly for boyd - etac so it depends on whether you use those mods, though there are also a few other conflict fixes in it... Check for masters and see if theyre in your mod lidt.

Well in the pack guide, some mods have a note that says "Do not install X.esp (Included in the REGS patch).

I assumed that's what the pack was for. 

Sorry, but I spent 2 hours answering all your questions about the pack via PM. I don't see how anything could possibly still be unclear.

If you don't install those 3 mods you named, you don't need the patches.

If you don't use BYOD, you don't need the STEP patch.

Sorry, but I spent 2 hours answering all your questions about the pack via PM. I don't see how anything could possibly still be unclear.

If you don't install those 3 mods you named, you don't need the patches.

If you don't use BYOD, you don't need the STEP patch.

Only 2 hours? We should make you a moderator, you've already had the right of passage.

Well in the pack guide, some mods have a note that says "Do not install X.esp (Included in the REGS patch).

I assumed that's what the pack was for. 

I believe the REGS - Cities file will cover some of these mods, the patches are for conflict resolution and are only needed in case you have the mods Nearox and CJ2311 have listed for you. Some files, such as Dawn of Windhelm, have (separate) replacer esps included in the pack. This is mostly specified in the guide.

Indeed MonoAccipiter.

To everyone: The REGS guide on the wiki is currently NOT designed for particularly modularity. Although if you do not wish to use a certain mod it is as easy as checking whether the REGS Patch file has a master dependency on it. If it does, then it is your choice to either not use the REGS Patch at all (and thereby lose suppport for the mods it depends on) OR to use the REGS patch to its full extent.

Honestly I don't understand why you'd want to play without Skyrim Sewers and Faction:Pit Fighter. Out of the many dozens (maybe more than 100 by now) of mods we checked on Nexus and in the game, nothing else is a good alternative for them. Plus those mods has a very minimal visual impact on your game. As for Cutting Room Floor, it is accepted as a STEP Core mod even and tbh it adds just a few things but it adds them so well (it's an Arthmoor mod after all). 

We have deliberately tried to limit the dependency of the Patch file to these 3 mods. If those are the only 3 you're leaving out, well, then maybe the pack isn't for you...

Once everything is finished regarding the next update with major changes, and once I finally finish my new install of SRLE (didn't have enough time at the moment) to check with REGS compatiblity, then I guess we could go into more details on the contents of each REGS .esp file. 

Edited by Nearox