Enhanced Blood Textures (by dDefinder)

frihyland

• 4 weeks later...

Which INI settings from EBT go in Skyrim.ini and which go in Skyrimprefs.ini

[Display]fDecalLifetime=256.000 //Controlled by MCM menu. If you don't use it you can change it here.iMaxDecalsPerFrame=256bForceAllDecals=1iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=100[Decals]bDecals=1bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1uMaxDecals=1000bSkinnedDecals=1uMaxSkinDecals=150uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=9

EDIT: The ini that comes with EBT has bForceAllDecals=1 under [Display] settings, but everywhere I look threads say it goes under [Decals] in the Skyrim.ini. Which is actually correct?

I think there are issues with the INI provided by EBT.

I'm getting a major CTD. After checking Papyrus logs I found this over and over:

Warning: Property DLC1VampireBeastRace on script zbloodnpc attached to Active effect 3 on  (A2031FC1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

I'm pretty sure this is caused by EBT. I'd get rid of EBT except I'm running STEP Extended and there is an EBT patch within the STEP Extended patch. How can I remove EBT from the STEP Extended patch?

Edited by Vulgar1

• 2 weeks later...

Which INI settings from EBT go in Skyrim.ini and which go in Skyrimprefs.ini

[Display]fDecalLifetime=256.000 //Controlled by MCM menu. If you don't use it you can change it here.iMaxDecalsPerFrame=256bForceAllDecals=1iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=100[Decals]bDecals=1bDecalsOnSkinnedGeometry=1uMaxDecals=1000bSkinnedDecals=1uMaxSkinDecals=150uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=9

EDIT: The ini that comes with EBT has bForceAllDecals=1 under [Display] settings, but everywhere I look threads say it goes under [Decals] in the Skyrim.ini. Which is actually correct?

I think there are issues with the INI provided by EBT.

I'm getting a major CTD. After checking Papyrus logs I found this over and over:

Warning: Property DLC1VampireBeastRace on script zbloodnpc attached to Active effect 3 on  (A2031FC1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

I'm pretty sure this is caused by EBT. I'd get rid of EBT except I'm running STEP Extended and there is an EBT patch within the STEP Extended patch. How can I remove EBT from the STEP Extended patch?

I would also actually appreciate an answer to these questions.

Also during install I see that there is a "fomod" folder inside but it doesnt actually use a FOMOD installer.The same goes for the Dawnguard Addon. This happens with Realistic Ragdolls and Force too.

Edited by ShadowNirvana

Warning: Property DLC1VampireBeastRace on script zbloodnpc attached to Active effect 3 on (A2031FC1) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

That just means the property is still in the plugin but no longer in the script. Those warnings are easy to clean up with TES5Edit. If the property isn't in the script, the script isn't using that property; otherwise, the script wouldn't have compiled. Therefore, these warnings aren't causing any problems. But every time the game accesses the data, the game tries to initialize every property on a script. When the game can't, you get this warning in the log. Warnings are not errors, however. Errors are much more serious things.

• 1 month later...

... I'd get rid of EBT except I'm running STEP Extended and there is an EBT patch within the STEP Extended patch. How can I remove EBT from the STEP Extended patch?

Like Vulgar1, I would like to know how I can remove EBT from my installation of Pack:STEP:Extended, not because of any CTD, ILS or freezing concerns, but because, for me at least, copious amounts of blood and twitching decapitated bodies don't "yield an overall more immersive experience" (to quote the STEP Mandate).

Besides, if I can remove the 2 esp's, EBT and its DB+DG patch, from my Extended install, I could then replace them with 2 esp's that would give me a much more immersive and lore-friendly experience, which after all is the aim of this modding mire I now find myself in.

Load your Extended patch and the DB patch for EBT in TES5Edit. Open both their contents. As you'll see, the EBT DB patch contains very few records, find them in your STEP Extended patch. Right click > "Remove". Click "Yes" when prompted. Do this for all relevant records. Right click your patch > Click "Clean Masters".

@Vulgar1. Sorry to disappoint, I'm not even considering any EBT-like option; bloodletting, gratuitous or not, is not on my modding agenda. I am simply trying to save esp slots as and where I can; that is until I'm forced to learn how to merge them.

Edited by darqnite

• 1 month later...

I have a small issue with this mod that is described by by the mod author: wounds on my character don't disappear unless I reequip some armour or save and reload, this happens most in 3rd person. There is no fix for this as far the author says.

Many people in this thread report this mod as beeing to script heavy and corrupting saves if deinstalled on a current game.

I have set up STEPcore but wanted to add Frostfall, too. It allso affects combat and I would like to know If it's recommended to play with both mods or choose one only.

Some of the posts are over one year old and I don't know if they are up to date with the current release of the mod.

You shouldn't worry with your set up. It only becomes a problem if you have lots of enemies or combatants spawning in the area. ASFAIK you are not installing any mods that do that and even so it is not too much of a problem. That said you do not have to use this mod and not using it will not in anyway reduce the enjoyment of your game unless of course lots of blood effects are where you are at. Certainly wont be a problem with frostfall.

::):

• +1 1

You shouldn't worry with your set up. It only becomes a problem if you have lots of enemies or combatants spawning in the area. ASFAIK you are not installing any mods that do that and even so it is not too much of a problem. That said you do not have to use this mod and not using it will not in anyway reduce the enjoyment of your game unless of course lots of blood effects are where you are at. Certainly wont be a problem with frostfall.

::):

Sounds Great. I'm half through my setup for requiem, guess two or three days and I can enjoy gaming.