Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

By the way Aiyen, your SSAO ini section worked a treat.  I really appreciate it.

Is there a guide or instruction manual somewhere which explains what all the settings in enbseries.ini do?  Whilst i can sometimes guess i have no idea what the ranges are that i could set variables to and whether higher or lower is better/worse performance/quality.

Thanks

By the way Aiyen, your SSAO ini section worked a treat.  I really appreciate it.

Is there a guide or instruction manual somewhere which explains what all the settings in enbseries.ini do?  Whilst i can sometimes guess i have no idea what the ranges are that i could set variables to and whether higher or lower is better/worse performance/quality.

Thanks

There is a really old one on Nexus that is really outdated by the author Jawz (same author as Enhanced Lighting for ENB). STEP is putting a Guide for this together but it will be a while before it's complete.

For your convenience.... That should be about the lowest possible setting you can set the SSAO to without any major flickering or other artifacts appearing. You might have to adjust the amount and intensity settings ingame to suit your liking... but that should be about it. You can just copy paste into your enbseries.ini and replace. 

[sSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=true
UseComplexIndirectLighting=false
UseComplexAmbientOcclusion=false
UseAmbientIndirectLighting=true
SamplingQuality=2
SamplingPrecision=2
SamplingRange=0.31
FadeFogRange=1.0

SizeScale=0.65
SourceTexturesScale=0.5

FilterQuality=2
FilterType=2
AOAmount=1.85
AOAmountInterior=1.75
ILAmount=2.0
ILAmountInterior=2.0
AOIntensity=1.5
AOIntensityInterior=1.0
AOType=1
AOMixingType=0
AOMixingTypeInterior=2
UseOldType=false
EnableDenoiser=true
EnableSupersampling=false
ILType=0
EnableComplexFilter=true

Hmm thanks for that. However I must say that I use the performance version of Vividian ENB with even lower settings of my own, and I haven't gotten any artifacts there. I lowered the sizescale and sorucetexturescale to 0.5. 

UseIndirectLighting=true
SamplingQuality=2
SamplingPrecision=2
SamplingRange=0.3
FadeFogRange=2.0
SizeScale=0.5
SourceTexturesScale=0.5
EnableComplexFilter=true
FilterQuality=2
FilterType=2
AOAmount=3.0
AOAmountInterior=3.0
ILAmount=1.6
ILAmountInterior=1.9
AOIntensity=0.5
AOIntensityInterior=0.55
AOType=2
ILType=1
AOMixingType=0
AOMixingTypeInterior=0

Yes the Complex Filter does wonders with flickering in that case of low texture sizes.

SSAO is always some trickery part of ENB's. I know people who disable it completley but...imo i cant live without it on many scenes ;)

Another option ofcourse is to turn on the Nvdia SSAO and disable the enb SSAO but then the effect totally go out of your controll especially noticeable in foggy scenes when there are black shadows everywhre.

Hmm thanks for that. However I must say that I use the performance version of Vividian ENB with even lower settings of my own, and I haven't gotten any artifacts there. I lowered the sizescale and sorucetexturescale to 0.5. 

UseIndirectLighting=true
SamplingQuality=2
SamplingPrecision=2
SamplingRange=0.3
FadeFogRange=2.0
SizeScale=0.5
SourceTexturesScale=0.5
EnableComplexFilter=true
FilterQuality=2
FilterType=2
AOAmount=3.0
AOAmountInterior=3.0
ILAmount=1.6
ILAmountInterior=1.9
AOIntensity=0.5
AOIntensityInterior=0.55
AOType=2
ILType=1
AOMixingType=0
AOMixingTypeInterior=0

I tried this setting. Performance hit is around 10% of FPS. I can run SRLE +REGS + MMO with vividian ENB performance (DoF on, SSAO on) on my GT 750m SLI at ~ 30 FPS.

Magnaclub

I am not easily impressed with graphics having been brought up on the likes of the doom series, the crisis series and latterly the beauty of battlefield 4.

Last night, whilst continuing to follow neos SRLE build (I've got the enb in, elfx in, CoT and all patches in and most landscape mods in now) I left Helen keep and went outside.

I almost cried it was so pretty. I got out the keep at 5pm and it was 6pm when I got to river wood. Then sunset happened and I was lost for words. Aurora, stars, moons and a burning red sky and clouds over the mountains. I just stood there awestruck.

Well done. I had no idea an enb could do so much and make weather and clouds look so stunning.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...