Skylight ENB

Aiyen

I think I did something wrong. I didn't follow the instructions of the installation to the letter. I tried it the first time, and when I got into the game, the graphics was completly horrid. It was like all textures was 128x128.

Anyway, a second time, I tried it by just putting the preset files in the enbseries folder, and turning off AmbientOcclusion and Reflection(I learned from a video form Gopher that those are two big FPS suckers in ENB). 

When I then started the game, I had, believe it or not, gained a FPS gain, at least in the areas outside Whiterun(I am standing there as I write this). The biggest thing I notice at the moment, is that it seems that lights have gone realistic, much like Realistic Lighting Overhaul or Enhanced Light and FX. And it there appears to be some more sharpness as well. Which is great!

Back to the wrong part. While I certainly like what I've so far gained from this, it seems off that I would get a FPS gain instead of a FPS hit.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first sounds like the game is still waiting for textures to load... in that case you will see only the super low res LOD textures if any. Waiting a while should let the proper textures load in etc. 

Other then that then I would have to get a screenshot to be certain what it is. 

As for the sharpness then hopefully it is since there is sharpen code enabled by default! :) 

I am not sure what you mean with an FPS gain... ENB should always cost something relative to having it off. 

Version 6.0 up for those interested! 

I have developed a new depth of field shader designed to be used while playing! IE it is not setup to be intrusive.. or cost 4000000 FPS to run. 

At 1440p it cost 1 FPS and it is fairly customizeable.

It also utilize something no other ENB DoF currently does to get around the issue with weapons being too blurred. The existing solutions remove half the DoF effect.. I utilize a radial approach which leaves the weapon but still blur the edges of vision slightly.. 

Ofc. there are also general overhaul of exterior and interior settings. As well as other general fixes to the various shaders! 

By far most of the love have as always gone into the CoT version since that is what I use... and because the DoF took up so much time to write that I have not had time to do the two others in more in-depth detail at this time. 

As always I enjoy feedback of any kind! 

hey Aiyen!

Started playing again with RCRN and Skylight.

Have already configured the dozen new weathers to fit into the Vanilla Skylight 6.0

Yet I have a slight problem. I find Foggy weathers (Rfiton f.e.) and Dragonborn weathers a tiny bit to dark sometimes.

Is there any possibility to adjust that on the fly.

I would wish I could make It a bit wither and brighter.

Oh, and sometimes at cloudy weather, the sun is visible through the clouds as a scheme. Not the light in particular, but the small outlines of the circle.

Any suggestions? Its not very annoying, but it would make things even more perfect.

Greeetings!

Heyya 

Hmmm depending on what you mean then you can simply increase the cloud intensity (under sky) for the foggy weathers (remember to edit the specific weather.ini file) this will make everything brighter since all foggy weathers are overcast. To complement it you can also increase the ambient intensity just a bit... that should maintain a smooth transition. Finally to get everything to blend nicely you can adjust the fog multiplier. The ambient and fog multipliers are under environment.

As for the sun... that depends entirely on texture choice. The effect can only be as good as the textures allow. You can try to adjust the cloud opacity to suit your needs, but that is about all that can be done other then making new cloud textures. 

Hope that allows you to get the visuals you want! Otherwise just ask again! 

Updated OP with link to mod page.

Skylight is now included on the ENB Guide as a suggested ENB.

@Aiyen,

Please feel free to update your mod page and profile information on the ENB Guide as you see fit (please just keep the formatting intact). The information included was simply pulled off of your Nexus page so it's only as accurate and detailed as your Nexus page is. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

You took the ability to use the original post processing out of your enbeffect.fx file...  :pinch:  I was going to use Vividian Vanilla performance version as a base for an idea I've had for a while, but seems like that isn't going to work. Guess I'll be doing to the hard way because all the coding in there is Greek to me to be able to try to add it back in. :down:

• 1 month later...

Okay the next version is in the works! 

If anyone have any wishes or suggestions on what to include in the next update, then I am all ears! 

Currently this is what I have planed to do 

Exterior Color rebalance. (I have found some new values that I think look superior... and will cause much better blending overall)

Interior rebalance... still not entirely happy with the interiors.. not sure what it is though... but some experimentation will be done. 

Revisited SSS .... People have been saying that the SSS values are a tad to far in the red... so will take a look at that along with the color rebalance. 

IBL revisited  I have a few ideas on how to overhaul this for a few weathers to make them blend better with the new color changes. High hopes, only time will tell. 

The next version wont be out until I have finished reinstalling skyrim again... since well my old MO installation had serious issues, and I just got sick n tired of it so purged everything and is in the process of redownloading and installing everything! 

That is it for now! Thanks in advance for any feedback! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

so I just installed skylight ENB but it seems to have changed my resolution to a lower one... How can I change it back? Obviously I could use Skyrim Launcher but won't it overwrite my ini files back to default? I already changed everything in them as suggested in the installation guide.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Also, Im a complete noob in modding, just finished installing STEP Core and wanted to try out some ENB, just sayin cause the question might seem ridicoulosly stupid :P

EDIT: Also, performance-wise (as Im barely getting 30FPS on my modded game), which would be better? SMAA injector on low preset or built-in Edge AA?

Is disabling SSAO and Reflection a good way to go?

Edited by krzylew