Skylight ENB

Aiyen

ELE will overwrite just about all ELFX top cell entries. Which contain the image space, and what sounds play etc. This is entirely okay! Since this is the point of the ELE image spaces.

If you also use SOS you are going to need to forward the imagespace entries into that patch as well, or they wont take effect.

Hope that clears it up a bit otherwise let me know and I will do a more detailed thing.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That clears most of it, thanks. One more question though. As I mentioned some records are overwritten by the STEP extended patch. Would it be OK to move the ELE and ELFX esp's so they are loaded after the STEP patch or is it better to make a patch for the records that are overwritten?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If it is any of the imagespace records then they need to be either patched or forwarded or the vanilla entry will take effect.

However ELE also alter most of the default vanilla interior ones, so check if the one used is actually altered by ELE, if it is no patch needed.

also AllSunday, thanks for the link above! Fun to see that sort of thing!

The conflicts are in "LTMP - Lighting Template" and "XCIM - Image Space" mostly which I forwared doing a new patch by copying ELE as a override into it. ELE has different values in "DATA - Flags" and "DATA - Flags/Show Sky" as well as in "XCCM - Sky /Weather from region" and in "XLCW - Water Height". Should I use the values from ELE or from the unofficial skyrim patch and STEP extended patch?

The conflicts are in "LTMP - Lighting Template" and "XCIM - Image Space" mostly which I forwared doing a new patch by copying ELE as a override into it. ELE has different values in "DATA - Flags" and "DATA - Flags/Show Sky" as well as in "XCCM - Sky /Weather from region" and in "XLCW - Water Height". Should I use the values from ELE or from the unofficial skyrim patch and STEP extended patch?

You should not forward these kind of records in this particular case, ELE should be loaded after the step patch.

Ok' date=' thanks for your answers and patience. I'll load the CoT, ELE, ELFX and skylight files after the step patch.[/quote']

You misunderstood me, only ELE needs to go after the STEP patch and before the bashed patches. And only LTMP, XCIM, DATA, XCCM and XLCW records that are changed by ELE should not be forwarded from the USKP.

Well as part of my expanding plan to show that Skylight can be used for just almost every config out there I have made a nice little collage showing of all the major lighting overhauls, and how they differ. 

ELE is going to be a requirement.... it is simply just too silly not to use it. Default vanilla can also be used just fine! However I did not want to make a 5 image collage... they look silly. Also default vanilla have so many bugs in its lighting... and my performance is actually worse with vanilla lighting then any of the others! Kinda amusing... but mainly I guess it is because of not using Occlusion culling. Regardless.... behold da images! 

Posted Image

Hi Aiyen. ELE is a new one for me, so before I start messing around with it can you tell me which version(s?) I should download?

There're 3 links on enbdev that all seem like they could be what I'm looking for!

Download Link - Enhanced Lightning for ENB/ELE - ALPHA v0.0.3 NMM Installer, updated 05/25

Download Link - ELE - Interior Lighting v0.0.4 (Former ELE - Imagespace module) - Remove old ELE - Imagespace.esp files!

Download Link - ELE Plugin - RS Light Color v0.0.37

Thanks for any help you can give... oh, and the new screenshot combo is great - makes the argument for ELE extremely well!

If it still does that in v.3.0 then you got some really weird image spaces for your taverns.

I know you posed this issue a while back as well, and then it was most likely true, but it really should be fixed now.

Also the whole point in showing the above screenshot collage, was to show that you no longer strictly need anything but ELE image spaces... which is just what you said you prefer. As long as you use that then skylight is compatible and looks nice with all interior lighting mods.