Skylight ENB

Aiyen

I guess I can do a little bit of update/advertisement here as well! 

As some of you know the next major update of skylight is in the works, and it will offer brand new files all around.

The emphasis is going to be on making the shaders much more user friendly, so people who are rich in passion and creativity but lacking in programming can get into making their game look like they want much easier! 

I have been dusting off all the old coding books, and learned quite a few new things, and tried to make as much use of the Object oriented nature of C++ as possible. So instead of having to deal with files that are several thousand lines long with a myriad of different settings and options... you get in the range of a few hundred. In fact the only thing the current files require is that you know how to copy paste... and you will get full GUI implementation and as close to the most optimal performance possible (Some real programmers might be able to optimize certain parts even more in the future!) 

I will also be getting out a full guide for the files so that everything will be documented properly... or at least so that non programmers can understand what is going on! I am not sure yet if this will come out with the rest or a bit later... really depends on how much spare time I have over the next month!

Ofc. the actual preset will also get an overhaul... starting with the one for the CoT based modlists.. and then the vanilla and pure weather ones later.

I guess I can show a few teaser shots here and otherwise link to the the enbdev gallery for those who want to see it all! 

https://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17&start=16980

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you are currently using a CoT based list and want to help out then I do accept a few beta testers in a few days! Just throw me a pm if you are interested! Sorry in advance that I cannot get vanilla based lists ready just yet.. but they are next on my list! 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I worked a bit on overtime relative to what I wanted to do.. but at least now I have both the vanilla and pure weather versions available for beta testing as well! Just pm if interested! Now I will cook some nice dinner and get all these digits out of my retina! 

Posted Image

The follow up to farting dragon ...... Magic dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proudly Presents! Skylight ENB v5.0 

Now with new and epic bloom shader for new glowing goodness! 

Also with overall new shaders that should be really easy to read for non programmers who want to try out altering code stuff but was overwhelmed by the complexity of it! 

New guide that details what the new shaders do and how they work... for those that are into that sort of thing. Sadly that guide is still very much in draft mode since I just have not had the time to polish it up yet.. but did not want to release without it! (I am going to be insanely busy with real science lab work in the coming week hence why I had to push my release schedule!)

Enjoy and let me get some feedback! Technical or visual or whatever! 

Tried this out last night. I don't use CoT so I installed the vanilla version along with Dramatic Clouds, ELE Interior Lighting, Enhanced Lights and FX and the Particle Patch as recommended on the Nexus page.

Very happy with the results until I hit Solitude, at which point my FPS dropped from 61 to 25. Entered the Blue Palace and it hit around 12.

I'm assuming this isn't most people's experience, so I'm guessing I missed something. Any ideas? I don't run any mods that affect Solitude particularly, or even cities in general.

(I've got a 2Gb gtx770, so there's no shortage of power there. My CPU and mobo are a bit old though, and I only have 4GB of ram if that helps any).

Now that you mention it, I did that. (This was late last night and I forgot until now). It didn't help much - maybe one or two FPS.

So one of the lighting mods, then. I can try selectively disabling them. Should be informative, even if I don't keep the ENB

Well at least you've ruled out the ENB. If you'll need any further support with this, please create a separate thread in the Support forum, as this doesn't seem to be realted to Skylight ENB after all :) Hope you'll find your culprit! 

DocClox: The usual culprint is SMIM. Higher detail meshes also means that lighting computations become more costly, and it is not always that this is catched by the developers of the various lighting overhauls. 

Nozzer66: wow... did not see that coming. Unbleak is almost as opposite in style as you can get! But glad that you enjoy it. 

For all: As always I appreciate any feedback for any weather, interior etc. 

Well, it's definitely not your enb! I rolled back the ENB to the performance one I use usually, and then uninstalled all the recommended mods for no particular improvement. So it looks like the problem has been brewing for a while. It's been a while since I visited Solitude with this setup.

I think part of the problem was probably script overload - lot of NPCs in the palace, and I had a rogue Fire and Ice Overhaul script thrashing away.

I'll open a new thread rather than drift further off-topic.

[edit]

I looks like the Culprit was an experimental mod that added HDT physics to Cloaks of Skyrim. Uninstalled that and my FPS bounced back to normal.

Edited by DocClox

• 1 month later...

Thanks for pointing me at this one, Aiyen...

I did have one question, though (duplicated from my original question thread, so you can ignore that one now that I found this one... Eye Usage FTW).

I use my 60" TV as my computer monitor, and my living room is just festooned with windows, which means I am in a room with a large amount of normal ambient light during day light hours. This has meant that the lower light levels in your preset are too dark to trully navigate aorund with. I messed with the settings you mentioned in the Readme on Nexus, but either I'm misunderstanding it, or the way the numbers work is counter-intuitive. I altered the interior min and max upwards by .15 each (min .300, max .345), and hit apply changes in the ENB menu. If anything, the room got darker. I tried some similar changes outside, altering both day and night min/max levels, and saw no real change.

Advice?