Skylight ENB

Aiyen

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleak makes me feel alone and sad. I'm a 2 handed beast looking for revenge. But if this works without CoT maybe my colorful mage is going to use it :D

I just read the updated .pdf Aiyen. Amazing work! That weathers window, I'm already loving it. When installing and tweaking Skylight you can feel how you care about the user and that's a big point in Skylight favor.

About the guide:

- When explaining how to use the GUI you should add the CONSOLE tip. Call me an idiot but for some reason I used to open my inventory before using the GUI so there was no "accidents" (arrow to the head). It took me two days to realize that I could've been using the console the entire time.

- The enbsunsprite.fx description is a little off.

- Page 26 is empty.

- You explained that your dragonborn module is not compatible with CoT dragonborn but what about dawnguard? Well, this is what I was going to say until I saw that the CoT installation section was updated :D.

- Regarding the ReservedMemorySizeMb parameter, from the Skyrim Stability Guide: 

ReservedMemorySizeMb=64 (leave at 64 (default value) unless you have 1GB or less, then consider changing this to 128. If you experience stutter after installing ENBoost, try raising this to 128 first, then to 256 if it still stutters for you).

Quick side note about ReservedMemorySizeMb. In older versions of ENBoost, Boris had these at a high level. In later versions he optimized ENBoost to use much smaller amounts for this, and thats why by default its at a low level (64). This is the amount of dynamic memory allocated to share between Video RAM and System RAM. With a system that has 2GB of VRAM or more, 64 is a good amount, since you have enough VRAM that you don't want to be switching between the two (stutter can occur because of that switching, but a small amount still needs to be allocated). 128 is good for 1GB of VRAM because your starved on RAM, and its a better backup.

What about this?

Thank you for the feedback Allsunday!

I actually had the console tip in..but then it required another page so I cut it out... and just did not want to mess anymore with it now! Been rewriting that bad boy quite a few times now. Will probably be in the next update of it when I figure out a smarter way to say things.

Yeah the sunsprite is a bit off this is true... but will get around to that once I actually get around to that specific shader.... eventually.

Empty pages are all over, since the template I based the whole thing of is meant to be for book publishing, hence there is skipping of pages like that.. will also fix that eventually once I start altering the template... but LaTeX coding is not that much fun to me, and it does not have the highest priority.

Also perhaps I just forgot a newpage command somewhere.

Dragonborn module is entirely separate from Dawnguard... so I had not considered there was any ambiguity. Will look at that as well.

As for the ENBoost stuff.... I am still torn between going full technical and keeping it simple for non tech savy users who just want the basics. Will probably do more with it next update.

Also I will go over typos and spelling errors.... I do not have that enabled in my current editor but will get around to it when I polish it up in the future.

Also about the bars.... they will keep melting since it is a fun effect.. and I cant sort it out since the effects that cause it are happening at a later stage then the enbeffect.fx file, hence they will influence it all the time.

You're welcome mate.

There is more than one empty page, that's right! 3.27pm here and I'm still awake (since yesterday) so I excuse myself, haha.

What I meant with the Dragonborn/Dawnguard module was: you explained that Skylight Dragonborn is NOT compatible with CoT Dragonborn. What about Dawnguard? Is Skylight Dawnguard compatible with CoT Dawnguard? That's what I was going to tell you to specify but this was BEFORE I read the changes to the CoT installation section. Now it's not necessary and it's crystal clear :) (I remembered there was no reference to Skylight Dawnguard in the old version because I read the guide this morning).

About ENBoost, there's no reason for you to go full technical IMO. A simple "xxx value is recommended and change to xxx if you suffer from stuttering" will suffice. To be honest, I was asking for your opinion in that quote from Skyrim Stability Guide.

Really liking skylight. Feel like i have finally found an ENB that suits me. Thanks! I have a question regarding AA. If I choose to use SMAA or SweetFX, should I disable edge AA and subpixel AA? I also wonder witch AA you Aiyen use and why? The reason I'm asking is that I have no idea which one to use and too little time to do proper compares. Thanks!

You can use SMAA if you want too, it can be used along side Edge AA and subpixel just fine.

I only use Edge AA and subpixel, since I play at 1440p so aliasing effects are not that noticeable at all. I only use Edge AA because I like the bluring it does... especially to trees making them look more full and not as annoying. You can enable and disable edge AA ingame using the GUI to see the effect, and decide if you like it.

About SweetFX... then if it is for the sharpening then that is already built in... so no point in wasting performance by adding it in for just that, not to mention that it would start to cause issues due to way too much sharpening. IF it is for other effects then it is ofc. up to you to experiment! :)

Oh the horror! I am on reddit... that can only end badly!

But yes finally there is support for just about everything, and every mod.... almost! Still need to actually install RLO and verify it for myself... but I do not see any issues with it as long as ELE is used as well.

Glad that you enjoy it!

Oh the horror! I am on reddit... that can only end badly!

But yes finally there is support for just about everything, and every mod.... almost! Still need to actually install RLO and verify it for myself... but I do not see any issues with it as long as ELE is used as well.

Glad that you enjoy it!

Badly, eh? Well then, I'll refrain from listing it next time someone asks for an ENB, sorry :p

And welcome to STEP, perilousrob :)

I have a question regarding skylight and step extended. I tried do resolve conflicts using tes5edit but gave up because I was unsure that I was doing it right. I noticed that ELFX and ELE overwrites sounds of skyrim dungeons so I downloaded two patches, SoS ELFX patch (which had to be cleaned from all records fixing SoS/ELFX enhancer conflicts) and SoS ELE patch (which had to be cleaned from all entries fixing conflicts with SoS civilization). When this was done I noticed that on several occasions ELE overwrites ELFX, is that ok? The mods were of course sorted using BOSS. ELE and ELFX and their patches that I downloaded also gets overwritten by the STEP extended patch. Should I move the esp's to be loaded after the STEP extended patch or are the conflicts nothing to worry about?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry if I was unclear, I am writing from a mobile device. I am not using ELFX enhancer, I only mentioned it because the ELFX/Sounds of Skyrim patch was made for ELFX exteriors+enhancer so I had to edit out all records from the patch fixing conflicts between SoS and ELFX enhancer since I don't use that.

Edit: ELE interiors seems (too me) to overwrite ELFX exteriors on several occasions. Both seems to be overwritten by the STEP patch.