v2.2.7 Development

z929669

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No issues with lip syncing and no official word on 3.0 at this moment (it's actually 2.3). We'll be doing a server move (i think) and porting the forums to a new forum software before the 2.3 release really starts to take shape. There have been a few things nailed down, but nothing in the public knowledge yet. We'll be releasing an announcement when things are a little more solid.

Actually, the lip sync thing is part of the 1.9 patch so don't hold your breath on a fix. I get it sometimes and other times the dialogue is fine. I'd bet someone from the USKP team will fix it eventually, but they just had a major update release so it might be a while.

LvlPredatorScript bugfix - is it really a fix, does it work?

^ I'm only really bringing this up because it appears to have been fixed in the latest USKP.

There is a bit of a warning note to it though:

The LvlPredatorScript has been corrected so that it will no longer fill the logs with errors about enable parents. The addition of two new USKP-specific keywords was required for this in addition to editing several world records for the placed creatures the script was intended to run for. In an 100% vanilla game, this completely eradicates these error messages and the predator/prey setups now work as they were intended to. Mods which edit these references will cancel out the fixes for them and we cannot correct for this.

Well, I guess some mods might change those properties quite bit so it wouldn't matter, but other mods may need to forward the fixes from USKP or adapt the fixes to work with said mod. My Papyrus logs have had zero levelpredatorscript errors since this was updated, but I'm not using SkyTest at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

OP UPDATED

This is now the "2.2.7 interim-2.3.0 release" The "rules" are somewhat relaxed, so we are open to more suggestions; however, we'll not likely be doing anything too drastic with the non-Core mods of the guide.

Please post here though if you have suggestions or comments on the existing guide and mod list. I will begin an overhaul of the development guide ... NOW.

I got a small list of wannabe CORE mods here for you to check and confirm/refuse:

FIXES (some of those will probably be included in USKP eventually)

-Clothing and Clutter Fixes 0.6 (From Weapons and Armor Fixes)

-Dawnguard Gauntlets Fix

-Dragonborn Book Bounds Fix

-Hearthfire Display Case Fix

-Heart of the Beast -Werewolf Eyes Glowing Orb Fix only-

-Smithing Perks Overhaul 2.2 -Complete-Imp.Vanilla-

-UUSkyPP Dragon Bridge Horse Marker Fix (FIND WITH GOOGLE)

-Weapon Rack Overhaul 2.6 (FIND WITH GOOGLE)

INTERFACE

-Skyrim Grammar Hammer (i've done a USKP compatible patch for this, plus its easy to merge in a merged esp)

VISUAL

-Project Parallax Remastered -Vanilla Textures- (Ok, this isn't a candidate for CORE, but for some reasons my brains included it here)

-SkyFalls plus SkyMills

-Smaller Ice Spike and Ice Spear

-Terrain Bump Landscape Normals (Oh my godness... this is better than any landscape texture overhaul, imho. ALso vanilla friendly and compatible with everything)

SOUNDS

-Soultrap Sound Edit - Calm Wind

Thanks TC. I think that these are definitely worth considering. We'll want to see exactly what they do and how they interact with the rest of STEP:Core. If any of these are imminently slated for incorporation into the USP, I'd propose that we allow them to be handled by Arthmoor et al. and "bite the bullet" until then.

For those that we are reasonably certain fall outside of the USP mandates, I think that they may be essential Core candidates. We may even want to produce a comprehensive patch of our own to reduce the number of plugins needed ... a STEP:Core Patch.

I wonder if Neo and the SR crew have any thoughts about these mods and the USP?

Thanks TC. I think that these are definitely worth considering. We'll want to see exactly what they do and how they interact with the rest of STEP:Core. If any of these are imminently slated for incorporation into the USP, I'd propose that we allow them to be handled by Arthmoor et al. and "bite the bullet" until then.

For those that we are reasonably certain fall outside of the USP mandates, I think that they may be essential Core candidates. We may even want to produce a comprehensive patch of our own to reduce the number of plugins needed ... a STEP:Core Patch.

I wonder if Neo and the SR crew have any thoughts about these mods and the USP?

I agree. Some of these esps in fact have minor conflicts with the official DLCs or other esps, and i've already resolved the issues with TES5Edit, something we can do as well and release with STEP Core.

One of the Fixes is already considered for inclusion in USKP (Weapon Rack Overhaul 2.6), the others, as far as i know, not yet, you can check Here the fixes considered for inclusion in the USPs.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever considered the mod Empowered Magic ? I did a search in this site, and didn't find it mentioned anywhere. It don't introduce any new spell but it is fix a lot of things in vanilla Magic system, moreover if you use it, you don't need "Acquisitive Soul Gems" mod any more. It's well balanced and suit high level play (especially those using skill uncappers).

We've not really ever considered these type of mods because they go beyond fixes by changing the mechanics of the system they alter, in this case the magical perks and levels. These are good for personal use, but probably go beyond the STEP mandates. I have personally used SkyRealism - Balanced Perk Trees ( https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1291 ) in the past which does some similar things.

Have you ever considered the mod Empowered Magic ? I did a search in this site' date=' and didn't find it mentioned anywhere. It don't introduce any new spell but it is fix a lot of things in vanilla Magic system, moreover if you use it, you don't need "Acquisitive Soul Gems" mod any more. It's well balanced and suit high level play (especially those using skill uncappers).[/quote']

Thanks - I'd like a really straightforward and balanced overhaul of the magic system.  It would be good to have packs that address magic in due course, and also alchemy, smithing, and so on.

• 3 weeks later...