v2.2.7 Development

z929669

About Multiple Lycanthropy Regift, vampirism is easily "catcheable", while lycanthropy isn't. I think the companions quest is a UNIQUE way to turn into a werewolf, but not intended to be a recurrent. Would it be more vanilla friendly if you could "catch" it from other werewolves while being attacked (adding a vector)?

Maybe another way. But through the companions I think it breaks the "vanilla-intention".

Also, this post on UESP suggests that the Lycantrophy is somewhat unique and can be regained only once.

Although there is no explanation in lore article. Reading all this though it seems to me that the curse (or blessing, depending on point of view) is intended to be a unique, one-time "gift" from Hircine. I will in fact remove Multiple Lycanthropy Regift from my load order - I am a moderate lore purist :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no lore reason why Lycanthropy cannot be contracted multiple times. In fact it was catchable and much more common in all previous TES games. There are certain parts of DG that require you to be a vampire and that's where this mod becomes useful. In vanilla, you can only become a werewolf twice. The initial companion quest line and once more from the companions after that.

Problem is... if you do the quests in a certain order you could end up being unable to be a werewolf because they won't change you again.

There is no lore reason why Lycanthropy cannot be contracted multiple times. In fact it was catchable and much more common in all previous TES games. There are certain parts of DG that require you to be a vampire and that's where this mod becomes useful. In vanilla, you can only become a werewolf twice. The initial companion quest line and once more from the companions after that.

Problem is... if you do the quests in a certain order you could end up being unable to be a werewolf because they won't change you again.

It just seems werid to me that Companions would "give" you Lycanthropy over and over again, just because Dragonborn wants it. If there are valid reasons why they would do that, don't spoil it for me, I haven't done the Companions questline yet! ;)

This:

An alternate "Fix" is Moonlight Tales which adds the Lycanthropy disease back to Skyrim among other awesome werewolf things :)

sounds like more realistic way of getting it again.

Anyone that actively wants to commit to testing mods out with some level of regularity can be formally recognized as a mod tester ;)

@ Wormheart & Freyergjurd

I'll recognize both of you as such until/unless you go dark on the project for any lasting amount of time.

I realize that I am relatively new to your community, but I have a pretty good knowledge of skyrim and skyrim modding.  I am very proficient in the use of TES5Edit and nearly as proficient with CK (there are a few sections of the Miscellaneous heading in the object window that I havent done much with before, i.e. AnimObject, Art Object, and Collision Layer).  I only have a basic understanding of papyrus (i.e. cant write my own scripts from scratch), but am able to read and understand a good portion of scripts, can run the compiler from command line/np++, and a few other common script-related tasks.  I adhere quite strictly with STEP, running only a handful of non-STEP, but "lore-friendly", mods. I'm a graduate student right now, but taking a light load over the summer so I have more spare time than normal that I can use playing TES and testing mods.

So, if it's ok with you, I'd also like to be one of the testers. :D

Thanks for volunteering michaelrw! We are always looking for reliable and dedicated testers, especially as we have development of v2.3 underway.

I'll defer to z96 on the status of giving you mod tester rights, as he is the one who handles that. Just wanted to acknowledge your post and offer and express our thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks michaelrw!

We can use the help and the expertise. If you check out the Workflow, that will get you started. We are still creating the paradigm, so there is plenty of room for suggestions and ideas. It would also be great if you could load your system specs and maybe add to your sig as many of us have done already. See links to right side of the STEP Portal for all that is relevant to our mod testers.

Welcome ;)

Thanks for volunteering michaelrw! We are always looking for reliable and dedicated testers, especially as we have development of v2.3 underway.

I'll defer to z96 on the status of giving you mod tester rights, as he is the one who handles that. Just wanted to acknowledge your post and offer and express our thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks michaelrw!

We can use the help and the expertise. If you check out the Workflow, that will get you started. We are still creating the paradigm, so there is plenty of room for suggestions and ideas. It would also be great if you could load your system specs and maybe add to your sig as many of us have done already. See links to right side of the STEP Portal for all that is relevant to our mod testers.

Welcome ;)

Good deal, thanks everyone! I will check out the info you linked to, as well as get my specs up to date and reflect the changes in my sig. I appreciate the warm welcome :)

This may be a silly question and I may be asking something that is answered somewhere on the site already, so please forgive me.

I was wondering, are we on a deadline right now for 2.3? I ask this because of the bi-weekly STEP release goal and wanted to know how firmly that is followed and if there is some sort of calendar with proposed deadlines and such. Thanks

No. There is no deadline for the 2.3 release as it's still very much in it's infant state. The bi-weekly release will not apply to 2.3 as it's a major release with major changes taking place (such as packs and other things that I can't discuss or I'll be killed. :ninja: ) We're actually working on a solution to better utilize you Mod Testers and to officially bring the Mod Testers into the fold rather than just wondering about, being at a loss of what to do. :D Stay tuned!

No. There is no deadline for the 2.3 release as it's still very much in it's infant state. The bi-weekly release will not apply to 2.3 as it's a major release with major changes taking place (such as packs and other things that I can't discuss or I'll be killed. :ninja: ) We're actually working on a solution to better utilize you Mod Testers and to officially bring the Mod Testers into the fold rather than just wondering about' date=' being at a loss of what to do. :D Stay tuned![/quote']

i see, well that sounds good enough for me :thumbsup:

MB: Gigabyte z77x-UP7

CPU: Intel 3770k @ 4.5

DRAM: G.Skill 2x4gb @ 2350

GPU: (2x) EVGA GTX680 Classified 4gb

SSD: (2x) Crucial m4 120gb

HDD: WD Black (SATA III) 500gb

Jealous... :ox:

:P

• 3 weeks later...