v2.2.7 Development

z929669

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should be removed either way it conflicts with way too many mods and can cause some weird bugs like being treated like a criminal if you accidentally break a bottle that is someone else's property like you'd stolen in front of someone and got a bounty. I'd also suggest Neo remove it from SR as >V< I've just removed it period especially from my SR install since you need like 5 patches or better for it.

...wait' date=' didn't I say to remove that mod from STEP way before you guys did? In the core proposal voting?[/quote']

It was proposed in the voting for Core to be completely removed (i uninstalled it a long time ago because of issues). It simply needs to be brought up in the Anthology thread for it's removal. All discussion of it's removal should be done there on it's thread: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1048

AFAIK there is quite a bit still needing to be done.. but don't quote me on that. Im a little unsure of where our/priorities should be (i.e. which mods need testing for 2.3 and which can wait for later release). Like the langley pack is a daunting process and I feel getting that completely and properly tested for 2.3 could be tough, depending of course on when exactly we're hoping to release 2.3. But yeah, one of the admins will chime in and give you a better answer, im sure.

2.3 is a ways out yet. We need to focus on building a new server node first. This will be transparent to the community, but it is a requirement prior to our implementing the infrastructure to support 2.3.

Hopefully, we will have the new server instance up by end of the month.

As far as I can recall, (i'm being lazy and not looking it up. :P ) there are a few behind the scenes type of stuff (new forum, new wiki development for packs, etc) that needs to be done before 2.3 can really start moving forward again. Thus far we've defined Core; however, there are still a few mods that are in question of being completely removed. That's taking place in the Anthology threads even though it's slowed down there too. SR mods are being created/have had mod pages made for them as well. So right now, testing for new mods is about all we can do.

Things are being ironed out behind the scenes; however, it's slow going at the moment.

is there anything I can do to directly help with that (i.e. anything other than testing mods)? or is it all admin type stuff that cant really be done at all by someone with only MT level 'clearance'?

No, thanks though. Stopping and I are handling the dev and management, respectively. Hopefully, this will happen soon, depending on our availability for development and testing of the server instance (which is necessarily a security-sensitive realm of activity).

I would like to discuss couple of STEP recommended Skyrim.ini tweaks. I think that the below ones are a matter of preference and should be purely optional, rather than mandatory (as they appear to be now). Namely:

• Camera tweak - it is no improvement to vanilla in any respect. Doesn't improve performance, visuals or anything else. Matter of personal preference. Personally - I don't like it at all, I prefer vanilla camera settings, it's nice and smooth.

•  

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderPosZ=18.0

fOverShoulderPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=24.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-72.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=50.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosX=35.0

fActorFadeOutLimit=-100

fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=60.0

f1st3rdSwitchDelay=0.95

iHorseTransitionMillis=001

• Book animation tweak - no improvement to vanilla in terms of performance or visuals. Again, matter of preference. I don't use it myself, it just looks silly. Also once I applied it previously, I was not able to revert to vanilla book opening time even if the record was removed from the ini file. It would require testing to confirm though.

• fBookOpenTime=200.0

• HUD elements tweak - no improvement to vanilla in terms of performance or visuals. Don't use it personally. Although I can imagine it could be an improvement for smaller screens maybe?

• fSafeZoneX=10

fSafeZoneY=10

fSafeZoneXWide=10

fSafeZoneYWide=10

Any thougts?