Can Not Copy Resource / The system cannot find the path specified

ravenRpg38

Question

• Answers 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Please review the logs I posted and you will see that the paths are not under UAC control. I have no AV other than Defender and the entire DynDOLOD tree is excluded.

[edit] A complete removal of the DynDOLOD installation folder and re-installation via archive did not solve the problem.

A different file failed, but the symptoms are the same.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Mephitic
Status update

14 hours ago, Mephitic said:

Please review the logs I posted and you will see that the paths are not under UAC control. I have no AV other than Defender and the entire DynDOLOD tree is excluded.

This is what has been mentioned. Just above, sheson linked the fix someone else posted:

... I just marked it as best answer on that topic ... and on this one:

I owe you folks an apology.

I have fallen in to the stupid user trap of believing that my situation is unique despite a ton of evidence to the contrary.

I am absolutely sure that your diagnoses are spot on and I will eventually discover that my OS or something is blocking the writes.

Thank you for your advice and help, and for providing these invaluable tools.

• Thanks 1

Getting these errors in TEXGEN. New install with only a few mods. Have never had these issues before. I was attempting to test the new grass LOD's and ran NGIO succesfully.

I checked the log and everything appears listed. MO2 user.

TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds to C:\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\caves\icefrozen03_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified.

[Content]

On 9/26/2021 at 3:37 AM, 1erCru said:

Getting these errors in TEXGEN. New install with only a few mods. Have never had these issues before. I was attempting to test the new grass LOD's and ran NGIO succesfully.

I checked the log and everything appears listed. MO2 user.

TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds to C:\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\caves\icefrozen03_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified.

[Content]

Click the Help for this message link to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

A problem happened while trying to copy an asset from an BSA or the data folder.
Obviously check that the source file exists, can be read and that the target path can be written to.
For example, use the xEdit Asset Browser to filter for the source file and use right click save as to write the file. The fist mentioned container is the one with the highest priority.
The last part of the message contains the error message from the OS.
The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access.
Remove old files from the destination/output path, which might prevent creating the new files because they are blocked by other programs etc.

Use forum search for find similar posts and answers.

Sheson not sure this has been reported to but I have seen it on my Discord server a lot recently not sure this an issue you can fix but here goes:

error running Texgen? 'Can not copy resource textures\dlc01\landscape\soulcairndirt02_n.dds to C:\Modlists\Lexy\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dlc01\landscape\soulcairndirt02_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified.' The most recent Windows update seems to be causing this the only way we found to fix is to turn off Windows defender Real Time Protection While running DynDOLOD then turn it back on afterwards.

Edit:

Never mind this has been reported

1 hour ago, DarkladyLexy said:

Sheson not sure this has been reported to but I have seen it on my Discord server a lot recently not sure this an issue you can fix but here goes:

error running Texgen? 'Can not copy resource textures\dlc01\landscape\soulcairndirt02_n.dds to C:\Modlists\Lexy\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dlc01\landscape\soulcairndirt02_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified.' The most recent Windows update seems to be causing this the only way we found to fix is to turn off Windows defender Real Time Protection While running DynDOLOD then turn it back on afterwards.

Edit:

Never mind this has been reported

Yes, it is explained in the documentation and dozens of forum posts for ages. Crap ware blocking access is nothing new.

Adding an exception for all tools involved - mod manager, TexGen/DynDOLOD, Texconv, LODGen - should be sufficient.

On 9/26/2021 at 1:17 AM, DarkladyLexy said:

The most recent Windows update seems to be causing this the only way we found to fix is to turn off Windows defender Real Time Protection While running DynDOLOD then turn it back on afterwards.

Or exclude the files as described in "best answer" on the two answered posts i linked.

Windows will always update Defender and Windows Security, so excluding the relevant files should be simpler and less maintenance.