Can Not Copy Resource / The system cannot find the path specified

ravenRpg38

Question

• Answers 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 9/6/2021 at 4:04 PM, sheson said:

See https://dyndolod.info/Downloads for requirements and https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions for installation instructions.

Also refer to the Quickstart.html and further docs and  help files included in the Standalone download.
Do not install DynDOLOD into mod manager folders.

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum which log files to post when making reports.

Do not post screenshots of text or errors messages. Use the Copy message to clipboard link instead and then paste the error message.

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

Thank you for the fast response, I tried one of the suggested solution which was adding both TextGen and DynDOLOD exes to Windows Defender's exclusion lists and that seem to have solved my issue. Thank you very much!

Hey, I keep getting this error while trying to run texgen and the only time I can fully run it is will a vanilla setup otherwise I keep getting this error. Hopeing it s a simple fix but Ive never had this issue in the past.

I get a "Can not copy resource from textures\ect. to the output folder, the system cannot find the path specified"

Any help would be appreciated.

TexGen_SSE_log.rar TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar

Hm. With the newest Alpha-42 I get the error message:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrslatefloor01_n.dds to C:\Modding\DynDOLOD3\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrslatefloor01_n.dds Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

[Content]

Help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

That file is definitely present (it is for example part of Pfuscher 2020 and Noble Skyrim). I am using MO2 and assume that the MO2 Magic provides the file correctly to TexGen, which it was doing on all previous runs. I had no problems with this setup with Alpha-11 (which I had used previously). Any advice on how to proceed? Can I give you any helpful information about this error?

BTW.: Sorry for the German error message. I would prefer an English one. It basically means that the system cannot find the path (I am not sure if it means the first or the second).

Edited by Alaak

On 9/15/2021 at 6:02 PM, Arrocito said:

Hey, I keep getting this error while trying to run texgen and the only time I can fully run it is will a vanilla setup otherwise I keep getting this error. Hopeing it s a simple fix but Ive never had this issue in the past.

I get a "Can not copy resource from textures\ect. to the output folder, the system cannot find the path specified"

Any help would be appreciated.

TexGen_SSE_log.rar 26.73 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar 59.28 kB · 0 downloads

Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\imperial\impwood01_n.dds to F:\SSE Modding Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\ships\shipwood01_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified

Click the "Help for this message" link as explained on the first post to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

It includes this:
"The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access."

Make sure they are no old files in the output folder and that access is not blocked,

On 9/15/2021 at 9:55 PM, Alaak said:

Hm. With the newest Alpha-42 I get the error message:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrslatefloor01_n.dds to C:\Modding\DynDOLOD3\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrslatefloor01_n.dds Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

[Content]

Help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]

That file is definitely present (it is for example part of Pfuscher 2020 and Noble Skyrim). I am using MO2 and assume that the MO2 Magic provides the file correctly to TexGen, which it was doing on all previous runs. I had no problems with this setup with Alpha-11 (which I had used previously). Any advice on how to proceed? Can I give you any helpful information about this error?

BTW.: Sorry for the German error message. I would prefer an English one. It basically means that the system cannot find the path (I am not sure if it means the first or the second).

See answer to Arrocito above in this post.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:40 AM, sheson said:

Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\imperial\impwood01_n.dds to F:\SSE Modding Tools\DynDOLOD 3.00\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\ships\shipwood01_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified

Click the "Help for this message" link as explained on the first post to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

It includes this:
"The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access."

Make sure they are no old files in the output folder and that access is not blocked,

Well. It seems the solution was "Turning it off and on again." (TM) I deactivated all plugins in MO2 and reactivated it and then TexGen ran through. I have no explanation why this works. o.O

[Window Title] TexGen [Main Instruction] Can not copy resource textures\landscape\snow01_n.dds to D:\Loot n that\DynDOLOD 3.0\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\snow01landscape_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified. [Content] Help for this message [Exit TexGen] [Footer] DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard.
What do I do? I deleted what it said to delete. this problem still occurs.. Help plz

On 9/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, Dovahkiin3264 said:

[Window Title] TexGen [Main Instruction] Can not copy resource textures\landscape\snow01_n.dds to D:\Loot n that\DynDOLOD 3.0\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\snow01landscape_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified. [Content] Help for this message [Exit TexGen] [Footer] DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard.
What do I do? I deleted what it said to delete. this problem still occurs.. Help plz

Click on the "Help for this message" link as explained on the first post, which opens https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

Use search to find posts about the same problem.

I don't even know what or  how to do the execpition thing. It's not clear, CTRL F3, Type the file, right click set data wahtever, that doesn't work.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds to D:\Loot n that\DynDOLOD 3.0\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\caves\icefrozen03_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified.

[Content]

Help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard678369161_Screenshot2021-09-20223544.thumb.png.61cdb590ef02d20b5e96eb9f6c8f4661.png

33 minutes ago, Dovahkiin3264 said:

I don't even know what or  how to do the execpition thing. It's not clear, CTRL F3, Type the file, right click set data wahtever, that doesn't work.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds to D:\Loot n that\DynDOLOD 3.0\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\caves\icefrozen03_n.dds The system cannot find the path specified.

[Content]

Help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]

Modding and DynDOLOD requires basic computer and modding knowledge.

There is not really much a program or I can do about the OS or antivir blocking access. It is a problem that needs to changed/fixed in the OS or in installed 3rd party software.

Just another program accessing the same folders/files can probably be cleared by a reboot.

I can not and do not provide basic computer support. Refer to a general Windows help forum or the help for the anti vir program and general modding guides.

"wahtever, that does'n work"  It is unclear what doesn't work as there is no specific description or question.

Extracting the file with xEdit Asset Browser that is started with CTRL+F3 and uses the same OS function as DynDOLOD is a troubleshooting step so see if it works or runs into the same problems.

On 9/20/2021 at 2:56 PM, Dovahkiin3264 said:

SSEdit can't even find "icefrozen03_n.dds" What am I suppose to do? It's not in the Texgen output. And with the extracting part, all there is when I right clikc the dds is; Save, Save as,Copy all to and copy to clipboard. 

TexGen wants to copy textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds to a new icefrozen03_n.dds in order to create it.

The message "The system cannot find the path specified."  typically means the OS or antivir or whatever prevents the creation of the destination path / file, e.g. icefrozen03_n.dds  in this case.

From https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource
"For example, use the xEdit Asset Browser to filter for the source file and use right click save as to write the file. The fist mentioned container is the one with the highest priority."

The source obviously is "textures\dungeons\caves\cavebasewall05_n.dds"

Right clicking and saving as is synonymous with extracting the file (e.g. from BSA).

Hey guys,

Decided to redo my LODS yesterday, basically wanted them in a higher res. So i opened Texgen and i got this error. I was using it last week and there was no problem with it.

Does anyone know how i can fix this error?  

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Error: Error copying textures\architecture\windhelm\whruinstone_n.dds to  D:\Games\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\windhelm\whruinstonedark_n.dds   The system cannot find the path specified.

Kind Regards, 

Tris 

Screenshot (125).png

I'm getting a similar error with a different file.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Yikes. I apologize if this is in the wrong topic or forum. The comment I replied to appeared as "similar content" which was odd because I hadn't detailed the problem yet.

In any case it is apropos but I noticed belatedly that it doesn't seem to fit the parent topic.

If it can be move to a more appropriate place, please let me know.

Edited by Mephitic