Can Not Copy Resource / The system cannot find the path specified

ravenRpg38

Question

• Answers 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 hours ago, CarolKarine said:

The additional help says that this might be due to another program blocking the write, but that doesn't make much sense - as you can see this isn't the first file that was copied. It's most of the way through the texgen generation. Additionally, I successfully ran texgen last night before deciding to add a few more mods (and I suppose most notably, downgrading from AE to SE). Does anyone know what might be going on here?

image.thumb.png.e414c3238b168d23ffdd5a484bc06079.png

See the answer to the sticky post in this forum. You may have had a Windows update that impacted Windows Security.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:52 PM, Jayombi said:

First revision that is now producing this error whilst compiling..

With DynDOLOD 3 I got this :

Use the "Copy this message to clipboard" and paste the text instead of screenshots as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text

Use "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource:
"The system cannot find the path specified - The OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access." 

Search this forum/thread for the error message to find similar posts as explained on the first post.
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=system+cannot+find+path+specified&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15604-texgen-error-cannot-copy-resource-the-system-can-not-find-the-path-specified/ 

On 5/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, Baboo77 said:

Just posting this here is case it might help someone.

I was having this problem but with a different file and it took me a while to finally clue into what was happening.  The way my system is setup is MO2 and all the tools are installed on C: but all my MO2 game profiles, mods, and stuff are installed on E:  I had all the AV exclusions for MO2 and tools (located on C:) in place but none for the MO2 folder on E: where everything is written.  Once I put that exclusion in place everything worked fine.

It was a bit of a mind **** because if I disabled all the mods everything worked fine (before the fix).  The error only happened when certain mods were installed so for the longest time I thought is was a mod. 

Hey, I just wanna say thank you so much! I made an account just to thank you, as you are a real lifesaver! This was the exact issue I had come into contact with!

I would also like to add that when I went to activate DynDOLODx64.exe on MO2 it didn't create an .esm or .esp file in the DynDOLOD_Output Folder. This was because (for unknown reasons, or a mistake on my part -- I may have forgot) my DynDOLOD folder was moved/placed out of the folder I originally placed it in at some point between installation and my first use of it. I didn't have the folder that housed my "Modding Utilities" (a custom folder I have for SSEdit and other similar programs) folder listed as an exclusion in my Windows AV. I added the folder that it was actually in to the exclusions and ran DynDOLOD again, and sure enough, it generated an .esm and an .esp in the output folder. Now it's working like a charm! Bless everyone on this forum. You all are a really helpful.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, Polymorphic said:

This exact error just happened to me after a Windows 10 update. Thanks to this post, I found the problem. TexGen is not being logged as a threat, but Windows is blocking it anyway. I fixed it by doing the following:

• Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection 
  • Scroll down to Virus & threat protection settings, then click "manage settings"
  • Scroll down to Exclusions, then click "add or remove exclusions"
  • Click the button to add an exclusion, then choose "process"
  • Type "TexGenx64.exe" , then click add. 

These are the steps I followed to allow TexGen to write files. Running it in admin and giving it the permission per user didn't fix anything, I had to go through Windows' junk. :)

z929669: PS: Those running a decent 3rd party AV will likely not have these issues. It's Windows OS native security that causes the issue most likely:

image.png

Thanks friend, for me its work =)