Can Not Copy Resource / The system cannot find the path specified

ravenRpg38

Question

• Answers 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 12/23/2021 at 12:01 AM, Swifty819 said:

Hi! I'm trying to run TexGen and I'm continually getting this issue.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds to C:\Games\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontileblack01_n.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the path specified

[C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I'm aware of the whole "UAC and antivirus are annoying" thing, but I've turned them off. I've also made sure nothing is in my output folder, and just to be doubly sure, that TexGen is an admin. I wonder if the file is actually missing.

Here is a link to the relevant bugfiles: https://ufile.io/f/s9klr (Edit to mention: There was no bug_report file.)

Thank you for the assistance!

No the files is not missing. As explained in countless posts and on the help page https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource that opens when clicking on "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message", this means the file can not be written to the output path.

Read the solutions given on https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

Find other posts https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?&q=system cannot find path specified

On 12/23/2021 at 2:32 AM, Swifty819 said:

I did that though, I thought. Was I supposed to extract BSA files? I'll give it another shot in case I missed a toggle

No that is not required or needed.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions and https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions.

They include all the required steps. They do not include all the things that are not required.

This is the error message I get after runing TextGen. Does anyone know what can i do to fix. The whole folder "textures" doesn't exist in SkyrimVR Steam install location.

[Error]

Can not copy resource textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01_n.dds to H:\Skyrim_FUS-ModList\tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01snow_n.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the file specified

[Steam install location]

[H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01_n.dds]

19 minutes ago, skyrimFTW said:

This is the error message I get after runing TextGen. Does anyone know what can i do to fix. The whole folder "textures" doesn't exist in SkyrimVR Steam install location.

[Error]

Can not copy resource textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01_n.dds to H:\Skyrim_FUS-ModList\tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01snow_n.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the file specified

[Steam install location]

[H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\textures\clutter\stockade\stockadeplanks01_n.dds]

Moved to sticky thread for that error message...

If you are using DynDOLOD 3 alpha, did the message not contain a "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message"?

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=system cannot find file specified

Hi there,

I'm using DynDOLOD 3.0 alpha 62, and I'm coming up with an issue; after successfully generating (as far as I can tell, considering there's 227MB in the folder) textures and billboards through TexGenx64, DynDOLODx64 is telling me it can't detect TexGen output.

I've granted both DynDOLOD (the program) and all involved folders access through firewall, and I've got the Texgen_Output folder moved and checkmarked in Mod Organizer 2.4.4. I've tried turning the firewall off entirely, and DynDOLOD has run happily in the past using the same method, just not the 3.0 version.

I'm using NGIO-generated grass cache, if that is relevant.

Here are the logs from the TexGenx64 output, the start & end of the debug log (the full log being too large to attach) and DynDOLODx64 attempts to run.

Thanks for the help!

TexnGen_SSE_Debug_log (start and end).txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by Glow

On 1/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Glow said:

Hi there,

I'm using DynDOLOD 3.0 alpha 62, and I'm coming up with an issue; after generating, as far as I can tell, textures and billboards through TexGenx64, DynDOLODx64 is telling me it can't detect TexGen output.

I've granted both DynDOLOD (the program) and all involved folders access through firewall, and I've got the Texgen_Output folder moved and checkmarked in Mod Organizer 2.4.4. I've tried turning the firewall off entirely, and DynDOLOD has run happily in the past using the same method, just not the 3.0 version.

I'm using NGIO-generated grass cache, if that is relevant.

Here are the logs from the TexGenx64 output, the start & end of the debug log (the full log being too large to attach) and DynDOLODx64 attempts to run.

Thanks for the help!

TexnGen_SSE_Debug_log (start and end).txt 6.07 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 787.91 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 303.74 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.19 MB · 0 downloads

Didn't TexGen show a message window with this error message?

Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds to C:\Games\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontileblack01_n.dds: The system cannot find the path specified [C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds]

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

Neither tools needs access to the internet, so they do not need to be allowed in firewalls.

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

Didn't TexGen show a message window with this error message?

Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds to C:\Games\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontileblack01_n.dds: The system cannot find the path specified [C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\architecture\whiterun\wrdragontile01.dds]

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

Neither tools needs access to the internet, so they do not need to be allowed in firewalls.

No, it did not show anything on the output; I've only closed it each time I've tried because it says it has generated successfully.

And sorry, I meant through Virus and Threat Protection; I had a read up and saw that was the most common issue with this so attempted that first.

Edit: upon looking, my Skyrim does not appear to have an architecture folder in textures. I had a look at another thread which seemed to be relevant to the issue and I'm going to try running TexGen again with the tweaks to the ini.

Edited by Glow

3 minutes ago, Glow said:

No, it did not show anything on the output; I've only closed it each time I've tried because it says it has generated successfully.

And sorry, I meant through Virus and Threat Protection; I had a read up and saw that was the most common issue with this so attempted that first.

The TexGen_SSE_log.txt does not show a line TexGen completed successfully.

Will need to fix the bug that no message window showed. Thanks.

Turns out Mod Organizer was pointing to Appdata Local despite me telling it to install in Games, which I think is the most likely cause. Moved it over, unfortunately deleting the load order in the process, but I'll fix that tomorrow after some sleep. Should hopefully let TexGen work without issue. Thanks for the help!

I am creating the DynDOLOD files from scratch after big changes in my mod list.

Using TexGen 3.0 I get the error:
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01_n.dds to D:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01_n.dds:

The file is NOT missing, but I have no idea why it can't be found.

grafik.thumb.png.3fa65e208ec67434592cfb441c2880cb.png

Edit: Solved the problem by adding both executables and nif and dds extensions to the exclude list of Windows Defender.

Edited by aragonit

6 minutes ago, aragonit said:

I am creating the DynDOLOD files from scratch after big changes in my mod list.

Using TexGen 3.0 I get the error:
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01_n.dds to D:\Skyrim Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\farmhouse\farmhouse01_n.dds:

The file is NOT missing, but I have no idea why it can't be found.

grafik.thumb.png.3fa65e208ec67434592cfb441c2880cb.png

See post linked just above. Therin lies the answers, I suspect.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

See post linked just above. Therin lies the answers, I suspect.

I took another approach.

I added the executables and extension nif and dds to the exceptions in Windows Defender, and it worked perfectly.

Edited by aragonit

Ok, I'm at the end with my Latin with this issue. Need your help!

Getting this error after TexGen64 is almost finished:

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\landscape\snow01_n.dds to D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\snow01landscape_n.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the path specified

[D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\landscape\snow01_n.dds]

I'm running TexGen through Mod Organizer 2.4.4.
DynDOLOD is installed under D:\Tools\DynDOLOD and that path doesn't require any admin privileges.
All other resource files before this error can be copied.
The file in question is clearly there under the path and is accessible by everything else (when running virtualized from MO).
There are many other texture files with the same format and attributes as snow01_n.dds that can be copied.
Tried several runs, it always stops at this file.

Never had any file access issues before with DynDOLOD or DynDOLOD 2 prior versions but this alpha gives me several headaches.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.7z

Edited by avalon