Can Not Copy Resource / The system cannot find the path specified

ravenRpg38

Question

• Answers 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Sheson, all was fine for some time then Texgen failed on me with this error

[12:44] Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall02_n.dds to D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD-Standalone.3.00-Alpha-44\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\darthwayne\castle\stonewall_n.dds Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato impossible find specified path

I really don't know from where this called texture comes textures\darthwayne\castle\stonewall_n.dds , I don't have it it doesn't belong to my load order (seems coming from this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71234?tab=description I know nothing about this mod

Any clues?

edit:

I installed that mod and another error with another unknown texture

Can not copy resource textures\landscape\snow01_n.dds to D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD-Standalone.3.00-Alpha-44\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\snow01landscape_n.dds Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato.

It seems I cant run texgen anymore, I 'm at loss :(

Edited by manguz

On 10/2/2021 at 7:33 PM, manguz said:

Hi Sheson, all was fine for some time then Texgen failed on me with this error

[12:44] Can not copy resource textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall02_n.dds to D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD-Standalone.3.00-Alpha-44\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\darthwayne\castle\stonewall_n.dds Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato impossible find specified path

I really don't know from where this called texture comes textures\darthwayne\castle\stonewall_n.dds , I don't have it it doesn't belong to my load order (seems coming from this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71234?tab=description I know nothing about this mod

Any clues?

edit:

I installed that mod and another error with another unknown texture

Can not copy resource textures\landscape\snow01_n.dds to D:\SKYRIM TOOLS\DynDOLOD-Standalone.3.00-Alpha-44\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\snow01landscape_n.dds Impossibile trovare il percorso specificato.

It seems I cant run texgen anymore, I 'm at loss :(

The message translates to ""Error copying textures The system cannot find the path specified"

Click the "Help for this message link" as explained on the first post to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access.
Remove old files from the destination/output path, which might prevent creating the new files because they are blocked by other programs etc.

Still getting the "Can not copy resource" error. I've searched it all out before-hand already so don't just give me the copy-pasted "you need to learn how to search" answer. It's probably not an anti-virus because I don't run one besides Windows Defender, it's probably not UAC because it's nothing anywhere in program files, (x86), etc. I've tried moving the output directory to D:\ rather than C:\ to no effect, same with moving the whole DynDOLOD folder to D:\, I've yet to try moving the entirety of my ModOrganizer2 Folder with all the mods and DynDOLOD and everything to the other hard drive but I'm not sure the good it would do. All this to say I've tried anything I thought might help prevent windows from getting in the way and blocking files being written. Based on when the error is happening and info from the log file, the error pops up during a phase where the program is trying to create temporary files into the output/DynDOLOD-temp folder. It's trying to do so I think because the file already existed from another mod or something and it was going to be overwritten. It's not always the same file but it is always during this phase. Here's my log files

Logs.7z

On 10/9/2021 at 3:10 PM, lamaraptor said:

I've searched it all out before

It's probably not an anti-virus because I don't run one besides Windows Defender

There is nothing the program can do if the OS blocks its file access. Click the Help for this message link to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource
It lists all known reasons why the OS might block file access.

Windows Defender is mentioned plenty of times.

Hi sheson

No matter what I do, I keep getting this error. After years of never having an issue with Dyndolod. I have checked OS, UAC, 3rd party program + the other information listed in the manual. Any idea how to fix?

Please see below:

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\imperial\impwood01_n.dds to D:\Wabbajack\Dyndolod\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\ships\shipwood02_n.dds:

[Content]
The system cannot find the path specified.

19 minutes ago, nicktheduke said:

Hi sheson

No matter what I do, I keep getting this error. After years of never having an issue with Dyndolod. I have checked OS, UAC, 3rd party program + the other information listed in the manual. Any idea how to fix?

Please see below:

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\dungeons\imperial\impwood01_n.dds to D:\Wabbajack\Dyndolod\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\ships\shipwood02_n.dds:

[Content]

You have conveniently not listed anti-vir in the list, or mentioned adding an exception to it as suggested by the "Help for this message" link and the all the recent posts about Windows Defender you read after searching for the error message.

19 minutes ago, nicktheduke said:

Hi sheson

Please see below:

[Main Instruction]

[Content]

As mentioned, clicking "help for this message" also does just that.

Running the latest, I keep getting this message on various textures while running TexGen:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Can not copy resource textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodwall01_n.dds to D:\Modding\Bethesda Tools\DynDOLOD Alpha\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\farmhouse\woodwall01_n.dds:

[Content]

It keeps doing it on various textures, all with the same content message...almost like it's running out of memory or something.

Here are to of my runs:
TexGen_SSE_log.txt
TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

EDIT:
It's hung a couple times on that woodwall01_n.dds normal map, which is being provided by Realistic Wood Textures. Hiding this texture results in SRO providing the texture, which still causes the error. Hiding it again so that vanilla is providing the texture results in a bypass to only hang on stonewall01.dds (provided by SRO).

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

Running the latest, I keep getting this message on various textures while running TexGen:

It keeps doing it on various textures, all with the same content message...almost like it's running out of memory or something.

Here are to of my runs:
TexGen_SSE_log.txt
TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

EDIT:
It's hung a couple times on that woodwall01_n.dds normal map, which is being provided by Realistic Wood Textures. Hiding this texture results in SRO providing the texture, which still causes the error. Hiding it again so that vanilla is providing the texture results in a bypass to only hang on stonewall01.dds (provided by SRO).

Disable Windows Defender Real Time Protection. 

On 10/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, TechAngel85 said:

Here are to of my runs:
TexGen_SSE_log.txt
TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

EDIT:

Click the "Help for this message" to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Can-Not-Copy-Resource

The system cannot find the path specified typically means the OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd party crap ware is blocking write access to the mentioned destination path. Add an exception to whatever it is that is blocking access.
It is also possible another process or program is accessing the same folder or file and this preventing write access. In case closing other programs does not help, a reboot typically helps in these cases.
Remove old files from the destination/output path, which might prevent creating the new files because they are blocked by other programs etc

Search the forum for the error message as explained on the first post.
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?&q=system cannot find path specified&search_and_or=and

Hello Sheson,

This time I can't even generate TexGen. I consistently get a “Can not copy resource” error. I've tried the troubleshooting steps listed on the DynDOLOD - Help page in the funtastic manual; alas to no avail.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt: https://ufile.io/f4spljj9
TexGen_SSE_log.txt: https://ufile.io/56fjkqek