DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Ran versions 110 and 111.  Use alternate start.  I go to Riverwood from camping site or start in Riverwood.  Fresh game.  I run the game without dyndolod/texgen, it's there.  When I run and add texgen, it's there.  But when I run and add dyndolod, it's not.  I try to hit console, but there isn't anything there.  Only get fxrapids.nif with last change skyrim.esm or lumber mill cos its right below the actual lumber mill.  I walk thru it like there was never a water wheel there.  So it's not like it's invisible and I get blocked by invisible object.  It actually removes the water wheel completely.  Weird.  I do have 1 or 2 mods that fixes the actual wheel so it moves correctly  I will try removing it and see if that does anything.  I included a pic from someone else who had a similiar issue without dyndolod.  Mine looks the same except I have a stone block (fence base support) that is there from jks skyrim.

Now, I'm also getting 2 new issues when I run it.  Never have seen these messages before.  Got them with 110 and 111.   I'm looking into the below messages.  I saw previous post with these errors.  I don't use that mod...Veydogolt trees. I do see 3D hybrid LODs mod under this mod that has these missing meshes, but why when I don't use this mod.  Never have. Weird.

Warning: File not found textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk_1.dds. Used by meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6passthru_lod.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineForestBroken06 [STAT:0401D500]
Warning: File not found textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk_2.dds. Used by meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6passthru_lod.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineForestBroken06 [STAT:0401D500]

eqFzWRr.jpg

Edited by Kansas72

9 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Ran versions 110 and 111.  Use alternate start.  I go to Riverwood from camping site or start in Riverwood.  Fresh game.  I run the game without dyndolod/texgen, it's there.  When I run and add texgen, it's there.  But when I run and add dyndolod, it's not.  I try to hit console, but there isn't anything there.  Only get fxrapids.nif with last change skyrim.esm or lumber mill cos its right below the actual lumber mill.  I walk thru it like there was never a water wheel there.  So it's not like it's invisible and I get blocked by invisible object.  It actually removes the water wheel completely.  Weird.  I do have 1 or 2 mods that fixes the actual wheel so it moves correctly  I will try removing it and see if that does anything.  I included a pic from someone else who had a similiar issue without dyndolod.  Mine looks the same except I have a stone block (fence base support) that is there from jks skyrim.

Now, I'm also getting 2 new issues when I run it.  Never have seen these messages before.  Got them with 110 and 111.   I'm looking into the below messages.  I saw previous post with these errors.  I don't use that mod...Veydogolt trees. I do see 3D hybrid LODs mod under this mod that has these missing meshes, but why when I don't use this mod.  Never have. Weird.

Warning: File not found textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk_1.dds. Used by meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6passthru_lod.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineForestBroken06 [STAT:0401D500]
Warning: File not found textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6_trunk_2.dds. Used by meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestbroken06_09e933e6passthru_lod.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineForestBroken06 [STAT:0401D500]

eqFzWRr.jpg

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Make a screenshot of the waterwheel selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots. Obviously make that screenshot when the waterwheel is visible, so you can click it with console open.

What are the mods that change the waterwheels?

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures. The file not found messages you posted are about missing textures, which are required by the mentioned mesh, which is installed as part of a third party mod. That mod might be missing the trunk meshes treepineforestbroken06_09E933E6_trunk.nif for TexGen to generate those billboard textures. Or you did not generate up-to-date TexGen output with the Rendered checkbox checked.

Hi, I've been trying to get Happy Little Trees LOD to generate properly for the past couple days now, but I've been stumped.

I've loaded in my games, and while trees from other mods like Skyrim 3D landscapes are generated properly, like the weeping tree by riverwood in the distance (top set of screenshots). But most of the other trees that are generated by HLT simply do not have any LODs, or they LODs that are generated in place are replaced with much smaller vanilla tree LODs(as per the second set of comparison shots by Dragon Bridge).

image.thumb.jpeg.f8d3612723ecd3677771973efc1ef912.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3188d6f547b6b71eae5acd44dde70f8a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.63727916a7d75fc693c61e9ff0add280.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.36df0b34533552303177e2166f52dc3d.jpeg

After a few days of reading up and checking my output and troubleshooting other possible issues, I think I've isolated the issue to Texgen not recognizing that HLT should be replacing vanilla trees. I checked the tree previews in Texgen, and all but 2 marsh trees seems to be pulling from Vanilla trees as reference. As you can see in the second screenshot I took, it seems to be pulling the vanilla version TreePineForest1.nif instead of the one provided by HLT, despite having it properly installed, and properly placed in my Load Order, as least as per LOOT.

image.thumb.png.10fff35767fb6082c31fd7c5650bcba6.pngimage.thumb.png.ce3daae898f13451ecd4f4715aa7d8c2.png

I did a search of the thread on mentions of this mod earlier, and a previous user stated issues when they had multiple tree replacer mods installed. The only mods I have installed that pertains to trees are HLT and Skyrim 3D Landscapes Groundcover, which adds a number of bespoke trees, and leaves vanilla ones alone, at least to my knowledge, and MO2 does not mention any file conflicts in regards to anything that might overtake HLT, other than Skyland Tree Barks, and the posts in that mod's nexus page didn't say it should conflict with LOD generation.

As for the settings, I've tried both generating with default dyndolod presets (medium and high), the presets as provided by the STEP modification guide for 1440p displays, and the specific tree lod settings provided in HLT's dyndolod 3 addon page. None of them have unfortunately worked for me. I've also tested every new generation by making fresh save files and sprinting straight out of Helgen, to make sure it had nothing to do with not having a clean save. 

Any help in the matter would be very much appreciated. I've also attached both my texgen and dyndolod logs below.
Cheers.

Texgen log: https://paste.ee/p/oEFpa

Dyndolod log: https://paste.ee/p/hcCA4#s=0

56 minutes ago, plughead said:

Hi, I've been trying to get Happy Little Trees LOD to generate properly for the past couple days now, but I've been stumped.

I've loaded in my games, and while trees from other mods like Skyrim 3D landscapes are generated properly, like the weeping tree by riverwood in the distance (top set of screenshots). But most of the other trees that are generated by HLT simply do not have any LODs, or they LODs that are generated in place are replaced with much smaller vanilla tree LODs(as per the second set of comparison shots by Dragon Bridge).

image.thumb.jpeg.f8d3612723ecd3677771973efc1ef912.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3188d6f547b6b71eae5acd44dde70f8a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.63727916a7d75fc693c61e9ff0add280.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.36df0b34533552303177e2166f52dc3d.jpeg

After a few days of reading up and checking my output and troubleshooting other possible issues, I think I've isolated the issue to Texgen not recognizing that HLT should be replacing vanilla trees. I checked the tree previews in Texgen, and all but 2 marsh trees seems to be pulling from Vanilla trees as reference. As you can see in the second screenshot I took, it seems to be pulling the vanilla version TreePineForest1.nif instead of the one provided by HLT, despite having it properly installed, and properly placed in my Load Order, as least as per LOOT.

image.thumb.png.10fff35767fb6082c31fd7c5650bcba6.pngimage.thumb.png.ce3daae898f13451ecd4f4715aa7d8c2.png

I did a search of the thread on mentions of this mod earlier, and a previous user stated issues when they had multiple tree replacer mods installed. The only mods I have installed that pertains to trees are HLT and Skyrim 3D Landscapes Groundcover, which adds a number of bespoke trees, and leaves vanilla ones alone, at least to my knowledge, and MO2 does not mention any file conflicts in regards to anything that might overtake HLT, other than Skyland Tree Barks, and the posts in that mod's nexus page didn't say it should conflict with LOD generation.

As for the settings, I've tried both generating with default dyndolod presets (medium and high), the presets as provided by the STEP modification guide for 1440p displays, and the specific tree lod settings provided in HLT's dyndolod 3 addon page. None of them have unfortunately worked for me. I've also tested every new generation by making fresh save files and sprinting straight out of Helgen, to make sure it had nothing to do with not having a clean save. 

Any help in the matter would be very much appreciated. I've also attached both my texgen and dyndolod logs below.
Cheers.

Texgen log: https://paste.ee/p/oEFpa

Dyndolod log: https://paste.ee/p/hcCA4#s=0

Read the first post which debug logs to also upload when making posts.

Read answers for "Billboard tree LOD does not match close-up full model trees" at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ 

The TexGen preview (and the TexGen LOD texture generation) loads the shown full model.nif path from the current data folder (D:\Games\TESV\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\ per the log). If the preview shows the "wrong" tree, it means the winning NIF file returned via the OS / MO2 file read function is "wrong". Same applies to the full textures the NIF requires.

Open the load order in xEdit, start the Asset Browser with CTRL+F3 and enter TreePineForest01.nif into the filter field to see all containers. The first one "wins". Data means loose file. Double click the file to open it in NifSkope and compare it to the TexGen preview.

If the load order does not change between loading TexGen and the game, yet it seems to load different assets for the same file paths, then either a different data path is set for TexGen (via the -d command line argument for example), TexGen (check its log) doesn't load the same BSAs the game does (and the assets files are not loose) or something very wrong is happening with MO2. It's (debug mode) log might help in that case.

The 3D tree LOD resources are irrelevant for TexGen and standard tree LOD generation with DynDOLOD.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which debug logs to also up[load when making posts.

Read answers for "Billboard tree LOD does not match close-up full model trees" at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ 

The TexGen preview (and the TexGen LOD texture generation) loads the shown full model.nif path from the current data folder (D:\Games\TESV\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\ per the log). If the preview shows the "wrong" tree, it means the winning NIF file is "wrong" returned via the OS / MO2 is "wrong". Same applies to the full textures the NIF requires.

Open the load order in xEdit, start the Asset Browser with CTRL+F3 and enter TreePineForest01.nif into the filter field to see all containers. The first one "wins". Data means loose file. Double click the file to open it in NifSkope and compare it to the TexGen preview.

If the load order does not change between loading TexGen and the game seems to load different assets for the same file paths, then either a different data path is set for TexGen (via the -d command line argument for example), TexGen (check its log) doesn't load the same BSAs the game does (and the assets files are not loose) or something very wrong is happening with MO2. It's (debug mode) log might help in that case.

I checked the nif files in SSEedit and yeah, the one it pulled up (right) seems to not match the tree nif I wanted, which the left one, being what the model provided by HLT. I do have my mods placed in a separate directory from the game directory itself, via MO2, but that hasn't really been a problem until now. And considering it can track other mods, like happy little shrubs or skyrim 3d landscapes, I can't figure out why this is the single outlier. I also can't figure out why the "winning" nif could be wrong when the correct mesh does load in-game.

image.thumb.png.6c57e550bbd07018a24c2c468887f989.pngimage.thumb.png.92df0ef28d5423ba8199fb87ed217a15.png

I haven't touched my load order for a while now, last mod I added was a mod tweaking vampire feeding tweaks a week ago, and I doubt that would conflict with this in particular. And I at least know enough to put Texgen and Dyndolod both pretty much at the bottom of the load order in that respective order. And as for Texgen, I don't run it with any specific arguments. as for files itself, it seems to load the same BSAs. Not like it matters, since at least for HLT, they included files are all loose files.

also, guess I posted the logs instead of the debug logs, these should be the correct ones. it didn't generate any bugreport.txt files on my end.

the debug log's pretty beefy: https://ufile.io/f/eia2b

Edited by plughead
typo

37 minutes ago, plughead said:

I checked the nif files in SSEedit and yeah, the one it pulled up (right) seems to not match the tree nif I wanted, which the left one, being what the model provided by HLT. I do have my mods placed in a separate directory from the game directory itself, via MO2, but that hasn't really been a problem until now. And considering it can track other mods, like happy little shrubs or skyrim 3d landscapes, I can't figure out why this is the single outlier. I also can't figure out why the "winning" nif could be wrong when the correct mesh does load in-game.

image.thumb.png.6c57e550bbd07018a24c2c468887f989.pngimage.thumb.png.92df0ef28d5423ba8199fb87ed217a15.png

I haven't touched my load order for a while now, last mod I added was a mod tweaking vampire feeding tweaks a week ago, and I doubt that would conflict with this in particular. And I at least know enough to put Texgen and Dyndolod both pretty much at the bottom of the load order in that respective order. And as for Texgen, I don't run it with any specific arguments. as for files itself, it seems to load the same BSAs. Not like it matters, since at least for HLT, they included files are all loose files.

also, guess I posted the logs instead of the debug logs, these should be the correct ones. it didn't generate any bugreport.txt files on my end.

the debug log's pretty beefy: https://ufile.io/f/eia2b

Use MO2 right window Data tab to drill down to Meshes\landscape\trees\ and check which mod the treepineforest01.nif comes from. Then doubleclick it to open it in NifSkope and it should be the same file xEdit/TexGen sees via the virtual data folder path.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

Use MO2 right window Data tab to drill down to Meshes\landscape\trees\ and check which mod the treepineforest01.nif comes from. Then doubleclick it to open it in NifSkope and it should be the same file xEdit/TexGen sees via the virtual data folder path.

I see it now. It said that it's pulling from Fixed Mesh Lighting. I moved that above HLT and now it's pulling everything proper. I regenned and that seems to have fixed everything. For some reason, MO2 didn't consider Fixed Mesh Lighting to conflict with Happy Little Trees despite it specifically overwriting these files. Even as I moved it up, MO2 thinks that neither mod overwrites each other

image.thumb.png.9c07b5b5d2a27d51d4ebf26cc012c88d.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.391ddf84923de4a2bd82338fd2f0d90f.jpeg

I think that has ultimately solved my issue, thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Andreiva said:

Hi!
Running DynDOLOD on Linux via proton with dotnet48, dotnet6 and vcrun2019 installed works until xLODGen, and then crashes. Textgen worked fine. Error code is E0434352.LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt

Read the first post which DynDOLOD log and debug log to also upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen
E0434352
Install/Update/Repair .Net Framework 4.8 or newer. Install/Update/Repair .NET Runtime 6 or newer.
See https://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/windows/306.
Check command prompt window of LODGen.exe for crash report in case the log file does not reveal anything.
Check the Windows Event log.

Test starting LODGenx64.exe and LODGenx64Win.exe directly from a command prompt if they get at least to "Nothing to do" and "Log ended."

Hey Sheson!

I'm having an issue with WRCastleBridge01.nif's LOD that I use in my house mod. No matter what I do it is always rotated in the wrong direction. You can see them circled in the shot I've included below. DY pointed out to me that DynDOLOD Resources has LOD for this object so we're wondering if it may be causing this?

The second thing is getting the objects in the rules to behave like the rest of the LODs. Basically they're fine until a certain distance and then they disappear. First, these objects have no LODs so I'm just trying to load the full models as LOD. Everywhere in the picture where an "X" is placed is missing the LOD model after a certain distance.

Here are the rules. I am only attempting to load to the bridges as Full for all LOD to see if that would correct the orientations. Else I would simply use the LOD you provide within Resources.

Spoiler

[Skyrim LODGen]
LODGen1=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;00360F1C,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,1,
LODGen2=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;00360F1D,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,1,
LODGen3=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;001C1229,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,
LODGen4=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;001C6364,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,
LODGen5=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;001C6367,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,
LODGen6=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;001C1236,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,
LODGen7=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;0039DCC8,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,
LODGen8=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;00005628,Full,Level0,None,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,
LODGen9=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;000097F8,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,
LODGen10=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;00002FAB,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,
LODGen11=dragoncliffmanorse.esp;00002FB9,Full,Full,Full,Full,FarFull,Unchanged,0,

;Ref ID            Base ID        Model
;00360F1C    0003F5FD    Architecture\WhiteRun\WRBuildings\WRCastleBridge01.nif
;00360F1D    0003F5FD    Architecture\WhiteRun\WRBuildings\WRCastleBridge01.nif
;001C1229    000C3C80    DragonCliff\architecture\DCM_WRStables.nif (custom)
;001C6364    0300320E    _BYOH\Architecture\BYOHHouse\BYOHBYOHWRshackBeams01.nif
;001C6367    03003210    _BYOH\Architecture\BYOHHouse\BYOHBYOHWRshackPosts01.nif
;001C1236    000BEB76     DragonCliff\architecture\DCM_WRCastleStairs03.nif (custom)
;0039DCC8    000BEB76    DragonCliff\architecture\DCM_WRCastleStairs03.nif (custom)
;00005628    0003FB06    Clutter\Stockade\StockadeScaffoldRamp01.nif
;000097F8    0006EA6D    Architecture\WhiteRun\WRCityWalls\WRWallWaterGrate01.nif
;00002FAB    000B9B9E    Architecture\WhiteRun\WRTerrain\WRPondWallCor01.nif
;00002FB9    000B9B9E    Architecture\WhiteRun\WRTerrain\WRPondWallCor01.nif

Here is the image:
image.png

It's hard to see, but most of the LOD is correct within a specific distance:
image.png image.png

Then it disappears within a short distance of the other shot above:
image.png

Paperwork:
DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 

Edit:
Since posting I have been able to fix the woodTower by using the original model's LOD. The rest is still missing at a distance.

3 hours ago, Roflyq said:

Hi, I would like to ask if there is any way to fix the problem with the fact that very distant 3D LOD trees are much darker than their 3D LOD model "near". For clarity, I attach 2 screenshots.
1.thumb.jpg.707d5c5ff3b77907e8b65f6c122d7b8c.jpg2.thumb.jpg.af05ad855076ec721ba9ee588e4bcc82.jpg

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Billboard tree LOD does not match close-up full model trees"
If the billboard tree LOD seems overly dark or bright, use the billboard brightness setting of the advanced mode to account for lighting changes made by ENBs or weather mods.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Tree-LOD
Negative Billboard Brightness values will make the billboard tree LOD darker, while positive values will make it brighter.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Billboard-Brightness and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#3D-Tree-LOD-Brightness

8 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Hey Sheson!

I'm having an issue with WRCastleBridge01.nif's LOD that I use in my house mod. No matter what I do it is always rotated in the wrong direction. You can see them circled in the shot I've included below. DY pointed out to me that DynDOLOD Resources has LOD for this object so we're wondering if it may be causing this?

The second thing is getting the objects in the rules to behave like the rest of the LODs. Basically they're fine until a certain distance and then they disappear. First, these objects have no LODs so I'm just trying to load the full models as LOD. Everywhere in the picture where an "X" is placed is missing the LOD model after a certain distance.

Here are the rules. I am only attempting to load to the bridges as Full for all LOD to see if that would correct the orientations. Else I would simply use the LOD you provide within Resources.

Reveal hidden contents

Here is the image:
image.png

It's hard to see, but most of the LOD is correct within a specific distance:
image.png image.png

Then it disappears within a short distance of the other shot above:
image.png

Paperwork:
DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 

Edit:
Since posting I have been able to fix the woodTower by using the original model's LOD. The rest is still missing at a distance.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which debug log to also upload. Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

As explained in the first post, always use the latest alpha version. Do not waste time using older versions or reporting problems with older versions.

Make sure that nothing is overwriting the LOD models included in DynDOLOD Resources. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Load-Overwrite-Orders