DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

2 hours ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

I'm having a huge issue with Alpha 111. I am able to process Texgen, but it now takes 1 hour and 17 minutes, versus 20min before I added parallax to the game. 

Texgen completes without errors. 

DynDOLOD on the other hand, lists missing meshes and textures from Beyond Reach and Beyond Skyrim - Bruma (arnima worlds and bsheartland/cyrodill respectively), as well as NiNode Root Blocks on QW's Grass Patch 2 found on nexusmods. 

I cannot get these textures or meshes because they simply don't exist on the mod author's respective pages. 

I run it anyway. DynDOLOD proceeds to generate Object LOD textures as normal, but it moves a grueling pace. It takes around 45 minutes to process all records and begin Object LOD for Tamriel, and then it takes around an hour for the basic Object LOD textures to compile before it tries to begin the Tamriel world itself. 

This would be perfectly fine, except I have spent two nights now just letting DynDOLOD run, separately, once per night, and each time it will freeze around the 3hr mark, sometimes at the 5hr mark. 

I have deleted all DynDOLOD output each time, but I cannot provide the logs because I have uninstalled this version. 

Do you recommend I try regenerating a grass cache, DynDOLOD mode = 0, with DynDOLOD 2.98 instead? 

System specs: 

5700X

7900XT

32GB 3600MHz RAM

20GB-40GB page file.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size"
Crapware installed with graphics drivers is known to prolong running times. Install only the drivers and not any of the bloatware.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:34 AM, sheson said:

Make sure the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other 3rd party crap ware is not preventing TexConv from running. Install latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022

I am having this same issue. I have already re-run xLOD gen for terrain meshes and textures. Is there a way to troubleshoot exactly which mesh file is supposedly broken?

3 minutes ago, stein03 said:

I am having this same issue. I have already re-run xLOD gen for terrain meshes and textures. Is there a way to troubleshoot exactly which mesh file is supposedly broken?

I'm sorry, I think this was attached to the wrong thread.

On 10/8/2022 at 2:52 AM, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread.

The cause is explained in the message. "Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected." and "Some terrain LOD meshes generated by Oscape have bugs resulting in severe visual issues" - You have installed a mod that contains broken terrain LOD meshes.

How to resolve it is explained in the message. "Permamently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes" - Remove the broken terran LOD meshes or generate valid ones with xLODGen.

As explained in the first post, click the link "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open additional help.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Typically generate terrain LOD meshes and textures with xLODGen before generating the LOD mod with DynDOLOD, as the terrain LOD meshes are used to optimize object LOD meshes.

I have this same issue; newly updated to alpha 111 from alpha 73. I have already generated terrain meshes/textures with xLODgen as well as billboards with TexGen. Is there a way to debug the supposedly broken mesh?

On 10/8/2022 at 5:40 AM, Francis said:

Thanks, I'm still learning about LODs and these tools. I assumed I had broken some meshes somehow, but really I just had't come across xLODGen in the third party guides I was reading/watching. 

Francis - did this error go away after you ran xLODGen?

12 minutes ago, stein03 said:

Francis - did this error go away after you ran xLODGen?

xLODGen is terrain and DynDOLOD is objects. Neither should rely on the other or cause issues with the other regardless. One typically generates terrain first followed by objects so that the most accurate terrain meshes are in place before generating objects, but I don't think it's a requirement.

Issues with long-running process have to do with GPU drivers at least in part, so it's important to clear out all logs, run DynDOLOD/TexGen, and provide these logs for analysis so that the root causes of issues can be elucidated. Without attempts and outputs from failures, progress cannot be made.

Always use the latest available software, since that is the only relevant version about which to post. Old versions are dead and irrelevant ... and inaccessible anyway.

logs, logs, logs are of primary importance as can be easily gleaned upon just glancing at the OP.

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

xLODGen is terrain and DynDOLOD is objects. Neither should rely on the other or cause issues with the other regardless. One typically generates terrain first followed by objects so that the most accurate terrain meshes are in place before generating objects, but I don't think it's a requirement.

Issues with long-running process have to do with GPU drivers at least in part, so it's important to clear out all logs, run DynDOLOD/TexGen, and provide these logs for analysis so that the root causes of issues can be elucidated. Without attempts and outputs from failures, progress cannot be made.

Always use the latest available software, since that is the only relevant version about which to post. Old versions are dead and irrelevant ... and inaccessible anyway.

logs, logs, logs are of primary importance as can be easily gleaned upon just glancing at the OP.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt Does this work for the log? I'm sorry for being such a noob on this forum and its functions. The reason I mentioned xLODGen and terrain is because that is what the error message specifically mentions as a solution.

1 hour ago, stein03 said:

I'm sorry, I think this was attached to the wrong thread.

I have this same issue; newly updated to alpha 111 from alpha 73. I have already generated terrain meshes/textures with xLODgen as well as billboards with TexGen. Is there a way to debug the supposedly broken mesh?

Read the first post which log and debug logs to upload when making posts.

If you have the "same issue" then the solutions/troubleshooting steps are the same, too.

45 minutes ago, stein03 said:

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt Does this work for the log? I'm sorry for being such a noob on this forum and its functions. The reason I mentioned xLODGen and terrain is because that is what the error message specifically mentions as a solution.

If you really generated terrain LOD meshes with xLODGen, then make sure they have been generated for all worldspaces without errors and are not being overwritten by anything.

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug logs to upload when making posts.

If you have the "same issue" then the solutions/troubleshooting steps are the same, too.

If you really generated terrain LOD meshes with xLODGen, then make sure they have been generated for all worldspaces and are not being overwritten by anything.

Indeed, they are generated for all worldspaces and are loading after all conflicts (just Beyond Reach and Wyrmstooth, presumeably pre-generated terrain textures. I do not have a bugreport.txt. Here are the other logs.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

7 minutes ago, stein03 said:

Indeed, they are generated for all worldspaces and are loading after all conflicts (just Beyond Reach and Wyrmstooth, presumeably pre-generated terrain textures. I do not have a bugreport.txt. Here are the other logs.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 411.75 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 528.99 kB · 0 downloads

The message "Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected" really means that Oscape terrain LOD meshes are detected as winning overwrites in the loader (typically from Terrain LOD Redone). That really means that not all of these broken terrain LOD meshes are being overwritten by terrain LOD meshes generated by xLODGen.

The solution is to really do what the message explains to do: Permanently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes.

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

The message "Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected" really means that Oscape terrain LOD meshes are detected as winning overwrites in the loader (typically from Terrain LOD Redone). That really means that not all of these broken terrain LOD meshes are being overwritten by terrain LOD meshes generated by xLODGen.

The solution is to really do what the message explains to do: Permanently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes.

Yes, I believe you 100%, but that doesn't help troubleshoot. At least not for me. By the way, I am greatly appreciative of your work on this tool and tireless support of the community.

6 minutes ago, stein03 said:

Yes, I believe you 100%, but that doesn't help troubleshoot. At least not for me. By the way, I am greatly appreciative of your work on this tool and tireless support of the community.

Your suggestion on Terrain LOD Redone worked. I disabled it, and DynDOLOD launched. Oddly, I have had it in my LO for at least a year and still generated LOD several times without conflict. For some reason, the Alpha 111 didnn't like it, or more likely, I managed to change my LO without understanding how. I certainly did not change any priority rules involving it. Thank you again for your help.

4 minutes ago, stein03 said:

"generated for all worldspaces without errors"  the usual troubleshooting step would be to check the xLODGen log for errors, especially from the terrain LOD meshes generation.

"typically from Terrain LOD Redone" the usual troubleshooting step would be to make sure the xLODGen output in the mod manager needs to overwrite all files from Terrain LOD Redone. Another troubleshooting step would be to remove Terrain LOD Redone from the load order.

20 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size"
Crapware installed with graphics drivers is known to prolong running times. Install only the drivers and not any of the bloatware.

I have successfully used an AMD 7900XT to generate DynDOLOD in just 27 minutes for an 830 mod load order. 

The problem was with Alpha 111, as I have successfully used 2.98 to complete this process. 

This narrows it down to the ongoing OpenGL issues with the latest AMD Adrenalin drivers, the ones that are ONLY for the 7000 series, and their OpenGL compatibility with your software. 

The only other potential issue was trying to use Folkvangr, Origins of the Forest, and Cathedral 3D pine grass, which all have Root Blocks of NiNode by default. I know there is a process to bypass this and convert them to BSFadeNode, but pre-caching your grass doesn't allow it to be loaded by the game engine anyway, preventing any CTD's that this website says they may have in this format. 

Wish I had a log for you, but my suggestion is to look into OpenGL on AMD drivers 22.2.1, 22.2.2, and 23.1.1. (The 7000 series-specific drivers). Thanks so much! 

1 hour ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

I have successfully used an AMD 7900XT to generate DynDOLOD in just 27 minutes for an 830 mod load order. 

The problem was with Alpha 111, as I have successfully used 2.98 to complete this process. 

This narrows it down to the ongoing OpenGL issues with the latest AMD Adrenalin drivers, the ones that are ONLY for the 7000 series, and their OpenGL compatibility with your software. 

The only other potential issue was trying to use Folkvangr, Origins of the Forest, and Cathedral 3D pine grass, which all have Root Blocks of NiNode by default. I know there is a process to bypass this and convert them to BSFadeNode, but pre-caching your grass doesn't allow it to be loaded by the game engine anyway, preventing any CTD's that this website says they may have in this format. 

Wish I had a log for you, but my suggestion is to look into OpenGL on AMD drivers 22.2.1, 22.2.2, and 23.1.1. (The 7000 series-specific drivers). Thanks so much! 

This is why it's important to share your logs as described in the OP.

I use AMD as well 5700XT, and had the same issues with 107 or thereabouts. 111 fixed it for me.

3 hours ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

If there are no errors there is nothing to look at. If the process takes an exceptionally long time (seems slow) a known cause is the crapware installed with the AMD driver.

I'm having an issue with Dyndolod not generating any LODs at all... it looks quite sad and frightening.  Usually the zip file generated is over 10GB and takes around 70 minutes (v110), last two attempts (v111) have been just over 5GB and taken around 45 minutes to generate.  Here are the files...

https://ufile.io/4lbj7umx

https://ufile.io/5zm1s2zo

Edited by BrotherShamus