DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

I see you mention billboard6 for the map. A very common cause for LOD not displaying is using my mod (A Clear Map of Skyrim) with Level32 object lod on the map, and failing to set Level32=1 in the DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file. Doing so will make the game look for lod that isn't there, and bug out all lods. Either reinstall my mod and use the Level16 ini, or generate Level32 object LOD by setting Level32=1 in the DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file

So... this whole mess might have been caused by my not changing a single value in the ini file.  I feel a bit stupid here... I keep a copy of all ini files so I can remember how I set everything and I must have forgotten to change that when I updated Dyndolod.  I've had a few too many drinks to test this out tonight but will update this post tomorrow.  Thank you... this has been driving me nuts.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

If there are no errors there is nothing to look at. If the process takes an exceptionally long time (seems slow) a known cause is the crapware installed with the AMD driver.

Yeah, the problem is that there AREN'T errors. 

I came home after letting DynDOLOD run for 9 hours straight, calling someone to check for crashes (error messages) every 2 hours, and when I got home Alpha 111 had been frozen at the 3 hour mark within the main window, approximately on world 3 out of 22. 

I know there may be an issue with crapware or whatever, but I was having those OpenGL errors on the previous two drivers. 

No.. I cannot install 22.5.1 on a 7900XT, it is incompatible. 

So the newest version of DynDOLOD with the newest version of Adrenalin drivers has the ability to RUN DynDOLOD, but it doesn't quite have the ability to finish with this configuration. 

57 minutes ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

I came home after letting DynDOLOD run for 9 hours straight, calling someone to check for crashes (error messages) every 2 hours, and when I got home Alpha 111 had been frozen at the 3 hour mark within the main window, approximately on world 3 out of 22. 

I know there may be an issue with crapware or whatever, but I was having those OpenGL errors on the previous two drivers. 

So the newest version of DynDOLOD with the newest version of Adrenalin drivers has the ability to RUN DynDOLOD, but it doesn't quite have the ability to finish with this configuration. 

So you don't even get any logs in /DynDLOD/logs?

If not, you can add realtimelog=1 to the bottom of your TexGen_SSE.ini and DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so you at least get some of the log output in the window to copy into Notepad++ or whatever intermittently.

It would be great to find out what's causing the issues, because I've had the same problems with specific alpha versions. You should be able to install the AMD drivers using the Factory Reset option in the Adrenaline setup. Then you can install Driver Only, which resolved the sluggishness problem for me ... if not the OpenGL issue.

9 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

Oh wow... that was definitely an oversight borne of frustration.  My tree settings are Level 0, level 1 and level 2 (billboard 6 for the map) so I'm guessing your suggestions for fTreeLoadDistance don't apply but thank you for pointing that out!  I'm still digging for information but this seems to be a problem only I am having.  I'm going to try it with all non-essential mods disabled and just generate LOD for Tamriel and see what happens.  The thought of another clean install and all the tweaking that goes with it is giving me anxiety here.

The logs you uploaded tell us that you generated standard tree LOD and not ultrat ree LOD.

Are you saying that changing the tree LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM settings page did not change anything about the tree LOD showing in the distance?

7 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

So... this whole mess might have been caused by my not changing a single value in the ini file.  I feel a bit stupid here... I keep a copy of all ini files so I can remember how I set everything and I must have forgotten to change that when I updated Dyndolod.  I've had a few too many drinks to test this out tonight but will update this post tomorrow.  Thank you... this has been driving me nuts.

You could test if the current output works OK, set [MapMenu] uLockedObjectMapLOD=16 in an any INI setting 32 instead if the object LOD was not generated with  Level32=1

18 hours ago, PhxFuryKnight said:

The log and debug are saved when closing the program. Can you not simply click the X top right and wait for the tool to shutdown?
Otherwise you can try marking and copy pasting the entire messages log text with the usual Mouse/Windows key combinations.

If there were OpenGL errors with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 111 and the latest recommended driver, then the program stopped and you can just close it to get the log and debug and maybe a bugreport.txt to upload.

If there are no OpenGL errors with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 111 but runs extremely slow, it may be caused by the crapware installed with the driver. Remove the crapware.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

The logs you uploaded tell us that you generated standard tree LOD and not ultrat ree LOD.

Are you saying that changing the tree LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM settings page did not change anything about the tree LOD showing in the distance?

You could test if the current output works OK, set [MapMenu] uLockedObjectMapLOD=16 in an any INI setting 32 instead if the object LOD was not generated with  Level32=1

I never actually got to test the MCM as I had deleted the last Texgen and Dyndolod outputs last night.  Today, I corrected the Level32=1 (from 0) and everything seems to be working again.  I'll be testing the MCM values as needed I think but they seem to be pretty good out of the box.  Sorry for taking up so much time with what was a clear oversight on my part.

I have this error and it is driving me crazy. DynDOLOD with Open Cities.

The bug: When I'm about to enter Whiterun it looks like in the photo then when I go through the gate it loads the textures.

I do the installation as explained in the tutorial, I deactivate all the open cities plugins to generate the trees and objects, then I edit the ini "WarnModFileName=Open-Cities-Skyrim ;Open-Cities-Skyrim "by "xOpen Cities Skyrim;Open -Cities-Skyrim" and activate the open cities plugins. I open the DynDOLOD and generate the dynamic LOD. But even though it loads, this happens to me in Whiterun. Does anyone have the solution?

Version of game : Skyrim AE 640. 

Version of DynDOLOD alpha 11

image.thumb.jpeg.a22c116dcb3670da85c0166e169a4763.jpegimage.thumb.png.b367efb51cf4222b1ffa0e395037a356.png

47 minutes ago, ToughPaper22 said:

I have this error and it is driving me crazy. DynDOLOD with Open Cities.

The bug: When I'm about to enter Whiterun it looks like in the photo then when I go through the gate it loads the textures.

I do the installation as explained in the tutorial, I deactivate all the open cities plugins to generate the trees and objects, then I edit the ini "WarnModFileName=Open-Cities-Skyrim ;Open-Cities-Skyrim "by "xOpen Cities Skyrim;Open -Cities-Skyrim" and activate the open cities plugins. I open the DynDOLOD and generate the dynamic LOD. But even though it loads, this happens to me in Whiterun. Does anyone have the solution?

Version of game : Skyrim AE 640. 

Version of DynDOLOD alpha 11

image.thumb.jpeg.a22c116dcb3670da85c0166e169a4763.jpegimage.thumb.png.b367efb51cf4222b1ffa0e395037a356.png

Why do you believe this has anything to do with DynDOLOD? What rudimentary troubleshooting have you done to come to that conclusion?

The issue description sounds like placed occlusion places/boxes, like a patch for eFPS is missing.

27 minutes ago, sheson said:

Why do you believe this has anything to do with DynDOLOD? What rudimentary troubleshooting have you done to come to that conclusion?

The issue description sounds like placed occlusion places/boxes, like a patch for eFPS is missing.

You are a genious! It was the damn eFPS boost, I don't know why I related it to the dynDOLOD. I think it was because I installed the lods before trying only open cities. Thank you. my head was burned. 

Closed thread. Problem = eFPS

image.png

Hi there, I have encountered this error with LODGen.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds.

[Content]
Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard
LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B.

This is LOD_Gen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt - https://paste.ee/p/BR3Vx

Here is the TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt & TexGen_SSE_log.txt - https://ufile.io/f/2yg8u (dunno if it helps, Im entirely new to this)
Also xLODGen_log.txt - https://ufile.io/iv0ybwgo

Tried to follow the STEP Guide the best I could, but when I got to the Run DynDOLOD part I got that error.

Edited by Vladone

6 hours ago, Vladone said:

Hi there, I have encountered this error with LODGen.

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds.

[Content]
Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard
LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B.

This is LOD_Gen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txt - https://paste.ee/p/BR3Vx

Here is the TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt & TexGen_SSE_log.txt - https://ufile.io/f/2yg8u (dunno if it helps, Im entirely new to this)
Also xLODGen_log.txt - https://ufile.io/iv0ybwgo

Tried to follow the STEP Guide the best I could, but when I got to the Run DynDOLOD part I got that error.

Read the first post which log and debug log from DynDOLOD to upload when making posts. Since tehre was no problem running TexGen, it is unclear why you choose to upload those logs instead.

If you follow a third party guide and have problems with it, you need to ask its author(s), forum sections etc.

From the LODGen log:
Error accessing E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\Meshes\Terrain\SkuldafnWorld\SkuldafnWorld.8.56.-5.btr Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODG, which opens when clicking "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" as explained on the first post:
Error accessing
There is a problem reading the mentioned *.NIF. Try to reinstall the file or mod from its download archive. Run the *.NIF through Cathedral Assets Optimizer. If the mentioned file is a *.BTR terrain LOD mesh, generate a valid one with xLODGen. If the file opens without error in NifSkope, make a post on the official DynDOLOD support forum and upload the *.NIF or provide a link to the mod etc.

As explained at https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-97-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/ and the Readme.txt included in the xLODGen download archive and at https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen:
Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Then install output as a mod.
Do not generate into any game, any mod manager folders or special Windows folder like Program Files x86.

1 hour ago, battosai295 said:

keep getting Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\DynDOLOD3\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 7686

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.51 MB · 2 downloads

Read the first post of this DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread which debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to also upload when making posts.

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Assertion-failure as explained on the first post.

Alpha 111 with Resources A30

• Got the following error:
<Error: File not saved [...]\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\DynDOLOD\NoHavok\slighthousefireoff_nohavok.nif: Range check error>

I suspect it's linked to the new feature added in Alpha 107 "create on-demand no havok models for dynamic LOD". I looked at the log of the previous generation I made with Alpha 108, and it contains the same failure, which I hadn't noticed at the time. There are successfully generated meshes in \DynDOLOD\NoHavok, it's just this one which fails.

The failure occurs during generation of dynamic LOD for the ssLightHouseWorld02 worldspace of this mod: Nebarra.

Architecture\Solitude\Clutter\SlighthouseFireOff.nif is used by an activator (xx955BF7 ssgwaSlighthouseActivatorOFF) placed into that worldspace. The source mesh slighthousefireoff.nif is provided by this mod: Embers XD (Lite version).

Full logs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WfsuvihMBi-fYfSuF4w2VsMkpjS5u2ul/view

• Trying to understand the source and purpose of a bunch of PlaneMarker references overwrites by DynDOLOD.esm in the SolitudeWorld worldspace.

I can see traces of them in the debug log, such as:

[00:08] [ApplyPatches] <Debug: Overwrite=skyrim.esm;0010c315>
[00:08] [ApplyPatches] <Debug: [1] Source Skyrim.esm [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>
[00:08] [CopyMainRecordToFile] <Debug: 0 Skyrim.esm [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)) --> 53 Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>
[00:08] [CopyMainRecordToFile] <Debug: Processing DynDOLOD.esm Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>
[00:08] [ApplyPatches] <Debug: [4] Destination DynDOLOD.esm [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>

but I can't find any traces of them in [...]\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs or Rules, when I look them up by Ref ID.

It looks like DynDOLOD is patching PlaneMarker references blindingly without any regards to any other changes? It's overwriting edits by mods such as eFPS or Legacy of the Dragonborn. Why is it doing that, is this the intended behavior and if so, what is its purpose, particularly in regards to LODs?

See previous link for full logs.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Alpha 111 with Resources A30

• Got the following error:
<Error: File not saved [...]\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\DynDOLOD\NoHavok\slighthousefireoff_nohavok.nif: Range check error>

I suspect it's linked to the new feature added in Alpha 107 "create on-demand no havok models for dynamic LOD". I looked at the log of the previous generation I made with Alpha 108, and it contains the same failure, which I hadn't noticed at the time. There are successfully generated meshes in \DynDOLOD\NoHavok, it's just this one which fails.

The failure occurs during generation of dynamic LOD for the ssLightHouseWorld02 worldspace of this mod: Nebarra.

Architecture\Solitude\Clutter\SlighthouseFireOff.nif is used by an activator (xx955BF7 ssgwaSlighthouseActivatorOFF) placed into that worldspace. The source mesh slighthousefireoff.nif is provided by this mod: Embers XD (Lite version).

Full logs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WfsuvihMBi-fYfSuF4w2VsMkpjS5u2ul/view

• Trying to understand the source and purpose of a bunch of PlaneMarker references overwrites by DynDOLOD.esm in the SolitudeWorld worldspace.

I can see traces of them in the debug log, such as:

[00:08] [ApplyPatches] <Debug: Overwrite=skyrim.esm;0010c315>
[00:08] [ApplyPatches] <Debug: [1] Source Skyrim.esm [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>
[00:08] [CopyMainRecordToFile] <Debug: 0 Skyrim.esm [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25)) --> 53 Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>
[00:08] [CopyMainRecordToFile] <Debug: Processing DynDOLOD.esm Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>
[00:08] [ApplyPatches] <Debug: [4] Destination DynDOLOD.esm [REFR:0010C315] (places PlaneMarker [STAT:00000017] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeOrigin [CELL:00037EE9] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF] at -16,25))>

but I can't find any traces of them in [...]\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs or Rules, when I look them up by Ref ID.

It looks like DynDOLOD is patching PlaneMarker references blindingly without any regards to any other changes? It's overwriting edits by mods such as eFPS or Legacy of the Dragonborn. Why is it doing that, is this the intended behavior and if so, what is its purpose, particularly in regards to LODs?

See previous link for full logs.

Thanks.

Probably another bug in the xEdit NIF writer code. Will check.
Regardless of that error, that NIF from Embers XD should be optimized in NifSkope for example (collapse link arrays, remove unused strings etc.)

The source of patches are always *.patch files. Scroll upwards until you find the the logline with the notice what patch the patches are from:
[00:07] [ApplyPatches] <Notice: Processing 67 patches from dyndolod\solitudeexterior_tamriel.patch>

DynDOLOD does not do anything "blindly, especially when doing optional things the user has to install on purpose. The Solitude Exterior esp (now patch) is an optional patch that exists since May/June 2016 before Skyrim Special Edition came out. The planes/boxes are adjusted so there are no issues when watching outside while being on the walls/roofs. No issues with the Solitude Exterior patch have been reported since then AFAIK.

• Thanks 1