DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Having trouble with the latest version v111.  It's been close to seven hours and DynDOLOD is still running.  Only error I am getting is [code]<Error: File not saved C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\DynDOLOD\NoHavok\mgmagicfirepillar01_nohavok.nif: Range check error>[/code] No other errors, except a bunch of large reference warnings.  Never had this happen before.  Usually takes around 2 hours.   Could be user error, I suppose.  Suggested troubleshooting areas to look at?  Thanks.

Edited by Zanderat

4 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Having trouble with the latest version v111.  It's been close to seven hours and DynDOLOD is still running.  Only error I am getting is [code]<Error: File not saved C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\DynDOLOD\NoHavok\mgmagicfirepillar01_nohavok.nif: Range check error>[/code] No other errors, except a bunch of large reference warnings.  Never had this happen before.  Usually takes around 2 hours.   Could be user error, I suppose.  Suggested troubleshooting areas to look at?  Thanks.

Read the first post which log, debug log and bbugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size"

Thanks, @sheson  I forgot to check the FAQ.  I did add a new grass mod, Veydosebrom with complex grass option.  So maybe that could account for the lengthy time.  Anyway, I will leave it running while I am at work.  If it's not done by then, I will post a more formal question with logs, etc.

Hi, i am back. And now with TexGen errors.

1) I don't know why but TexGen seems to complaing about existing texgen data "Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation installed in game folder". I looked in every possible folder it might store its data and deleted what i could find but error is still prevalent.

Edit: Scratch second one. My pc is definitively haunted. Works now. Still get that warning about existing texgen data. 

Here are all relevant logs. https://paste.ee/p/9Qgq9 https://www.pastebin.cz/cs/p/Nnwk3xH https://www.pastebin.cz/cs/p/qWjxYCc

Edited by Zierry
Updated situation

8 hours ago, sheson said:

The source of patches are always *.patch files. Scroll upwards until you find the the logline with the notice what patch the patches are from:
[00:07] [ApplyPatches] <Notice: Processing 67 patches from dyndolod\solitudeexterior_tamriel.patch>

Yes I saw it and went to look for it inside the DynDOLOD package (Rules subdirectory) among the other *.patch files there, but couldn't find it, which made the patching even more mysterious and puzzling.

I got really confused when you mentioned it's optional, as there are no optional components when installing DynDOLOD. But then I realized you were talking about DynDOLOD Resources: it's the Solitude Exterior visual option, d'oh!

I used "blindly" in the sense that it appears the patch is applied to the load order indiscriminately even though it's probably designed to work on vanilla Solitude, overriding Skyrim.esm, not some other mod plugins. My Solitude is vanilla too, except for the LotD museum, so it's probably mostly fine, but I'd imagine it might mess things up with city overhauls, no?

Anyway, I've been bothered by a visual glitch for a long time that I presume is caused by occlusion plane(s) along the Solitude walls, but I'm not sure and I can't easily troubleshoot it by looking in the console, as there's nothing to click on.

Far view from inside Solitude worldspace > Closer view from inside Solitude worldspace

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Close view from outside Solitude worldspace > Close view from inside Solitude worldspace

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Any idea what may be causing this, do you think it looks like a PlaneMarker issue too? Any advice for troubleshooting the issue?

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Zierry said:

Hi, i am back. And now with TexGen errors.

1) I don't know why but TexGen seems to complaing about existing texgen data "Found stitched object LOD textures from earlier TexGen generation installed in game folder". I looked in every possible folder it might store its data and deleted what i could find but error is still prevalent.

Edit: Scratch second one. My pc is definitively haunted. Works now. Still get that warning about existing texgen data. 

Here are all relevant logs. https://paste.ee/p/9Qgq9 https://www.pastebin.cz/cs/p/Nnwk3xH https://www.pastebin.cz/cs/p/qWjxYCc

As explained on the first post, use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" link for further help.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/TexGen-Output

The message really means that there is still a file from former TexGen output installed in the load order. Deactivate the mod you created from the TexGen output in MO2. If you did that, then you might have a mod made by a confused mod author who did not pay attention to the DynDOLOD documentation.

11 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Yes I saw it and went to look for it inside the DynDOLOD package (Rules subdirectory) among the other *.patch files there, but couldn't find it, which made the patching even more mysterious and puzzling.

I got really confused when you mentioned it's optional, as there are no optional components when installing DynDOLOD. But then I realized you were talking about DynDOLOD Resources: it's the Solitude Exterior visual option, d'oh!

I used "blindly" in the sense that it appears the patch is applied to the load order indiscriminately even though it's probably designed to work on vanilla Solitude, overriding Skyrim.esm, not some other mod plugins. My Solitude is vanilla too, except for the LotD museum, so it's probably mostly fine, but I'd imagine it might mess things up with city overhauls, no?

Anyway, I've been bothered by a visual glitch for a long time that I presume is caused by occlusion plane(s) along the Solitude walls, but I'm not sure and I can't easily troubleshoot it by looking in the console, as there's nothing to click on.

Far view from inside Solitude worldspace > Closer view from inside Solitude worldspace

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Close view from outside Solitude worldspace > Close view from inside Solitude worldspace

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Any idea what may be causing this, do you think it looks like a PlaneMarker issue too? Any advice for troubleshooting the issue?

Thanks.

If there were problems with anything then there would have been a report in the past 7 years.

What troubleshooting with the disappearing tree LOD have you done to check if this has something to do with DynDOLOD?

Use CK to visualize occlusion planes and boxes.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

What troubleshooting with the disappearing tree LOD have you done to check if this has something to do with DynDOLOD?

Well that's the thing: none to imply anything either way, at this point I'm just shooting in the dark.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Use CK to visualize occlusion planes and boxes.

Ok I checked and there are no occlusion planes from any plugin touching those cells, that would obstruct the view in that direction. They're all in the west- and south-facing walls. On second thought it can't be an occlusion plane issue anyway, as if it were, there would be a void where the view is blocked? Which is not the case here, as the mountain cliffs (000DEEB7 & 000DEEB8) and the landscape are still visible.

So I'm stumped.

I have some ideas to investigate, I'll let you know if I find anything relevant. But first, I'd like to ask some clarification if you don't mind. How does rendering work in cells outside the child worldspace? Are LODs only shown? Are those cells and their references and full models never loaded, no matter if they are in the near grid (but outside the child worldspace)? What about large references, I'd assume the full model would be loaded as expected.

I'm asking because it looks to me as if the tree LODs (handled as object LODs by DynDOLOD in my case) are unloaded when the player gets closer, but the full models are not loaded in their place. On the other hand, the mountain cliff objects don't disappear because they're large references.

I'm going to check in the console if those tree and mountain cliff references in question are loaded or not...

Thanks in advance for your input.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Well that's the thing: none to imply anything either way, at this point I'm just shooting in the dark.

Ok I checked and there are no occlusion planes from any plugin touching those cells, that would obstruct the view in that direction. They're all in the west- and south-facing walls. On second thought it can't be an occlusion plane issue anyway, as if it were, there would be a void where the view is blocked? Which is not the case here, as the mountain cliffs (000DEEB7 & 000DEEB8) and the landscape are still visible.

So I'm stumped.

I have some ideas to investigate, I'll let you know if I find anything relevant. But first, I'd like to ask some clarification if you don't mind. How does rendering work in cells outside the child worldspace? Are LODs only shown? Are those cells and their references and full models never loaded, no matter if they are in the near grid (but outside the child worldspace)? What about large references, I'd assume the full model would be loaded as expected.

I'm asking because it looks to me as if the tree LODs (handled as object LODs by DynDOLOD in my case) are unloaded when the player gets closer, but the full models are not loaded in their place. On the other hand, the mountain cliff objects don't disappear because they're large references.

I'm going to check in the console if those tree and mountain cliff references in question are loaded or not...

Thanks in advance for your input.

Either the problem only happens with DynDOLOD/Occlusion plugin enabled or not.

Occlusion planes/boxes hide things that they fully occluded. So it depends on the "size" (often the axis aligned bounding box AABB) of the model. E.g. smaller things are disabled, while large things may be not.

Hi Seson!

I´ve been having a problem recently, suddenly when I generate seasons, in winter, near Riften there is a lot of totally grey slopes, it didn´t happen before.

It seems that, somehow, dyndolod is putting the wrong mountain slope and applying the snow shader making it grey.

It´s a bug or something on my end?

Thanks in advance

Captura de pantalla (9).png

Captura de pantalla (10).png

Edited by Shotdie
typo

5 hours ago, Shotdie said:

Hi Seson!

I´ve been having a problem recently, suddenly when I generate seasons, in winter, near Riften there is a lot of totally grey slopes, it didn´t happen before.

It seems that, somehow, dyndolod is putting the wrong mountain slope and applying the snow shader making it grey.

It´s a bug or something on my end?

Thanks in advance

Captura de pantalla (9).png

Captura de pantalla (10).png

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Why do you believe this issue (e.g. parallax / single pass snow shader combination causing grey texture) has anything to do with DynDOLOD? What rudimentary troubleshooting have you done? Finalize the load order and make sure it has no such issues, then generate DynDOLOD for the current load order. 

The game screenshot shows that the reference/base record are not modified by DynDOLOD plugins. The folder screenshot does not show any assets from DynDOLOD.

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Why do you believe this issue (e.g. parallax / single pass snow shader combination causing grey texture) has anything to do with DynDOLOD? What rudimentary troubleshooting have you done? Finalize the load order and make sure it has no such issues, then generate DynDOLOD for the current load order. 

The game screenshot shows that the reference/base record are not modified by DynDOLOD plugins. The folder screenshot does not show any assets from DynDOLOD.

You´re right, I´ve been lurking in Seasons of Skyrim bug reports and it seems that is a issue with auto-generated WIN swaps, I have to blacklist that specific object to solve the issue.

Sorry for bothering you, I thought it was Dyndolod because it supports seasons and I detected the issue after updating it, but as you said Dyndolod doesn´t touch that object.

Thank you for your work and your responses. :biggrin:

Hi.  Using latest Dyndolod's...Resource 3.00 alpha 30, Alpha 111 for texgen/dyndolod and dyndolod ng scripts alpha 2.  Issue I'm having is in Riverwood.  Brand new save.  The water wheel disappears, but you see the splashing in the spots where it would be.  I ran texgen and it was there.  However, when I run dyndolod, it disappears.  Even tried to go to another town for 24 hours and come back.  Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.  Didn't happen on previous versions.  I included screen shot of what settings I use.  I set it at high (top right corner).  Thanks

dyndolod.PNG

11 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

Hi.  Using latest Dyndolod's...Resource 3.00 alpha 30, Alpha 111 for texgen/dyndolod and dyndolod ng scripts alpha 2.  Issue I'm having is in Riverwood.  Brand new save.  The water wheel disappears, but you see the splashing in the spots where it would be.  I ran texgen and it was there.  However, when I run dyndolod, it disappears.  Even tried to go to another town for 24 hours and come back.  Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.  Didn't happen on previous versions.  I included screen shot of what settings I use.  I set it at high (top right corner).  Thanks

dyndolod.PNG

See the OP please

59 minutes ago, Kansas72 said:

dyndolod.PNG

Read the first post which log and debug log to up,load when making posts.

You are saying, the waterwheel shows when testing a game (like doing coc riverwood from main menu as a text) on a load order just before generating DynDOLOD. Then once DynDOLOD output has been generated with the large reference workarounds checked for that load order and installed, the waterwheel disappears when DynDOLOD initializes after doing the same test?

Make a screenshot of the waterwheel selected while console is open with the mod more informative console installed. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots