DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

19 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

I'm having an issue with Dyndolod not generating any LODs at all... it looks quite sad and frightening.  Usually the zip file generated is over 10GB and takes around 70 minutes (v110), last two attempts (v111) have been just over 5GB and taken around 45 minutes to generate.  Here are the files...

https://ufile.io/4lbj7umx

https://ufile.io/5zm1s2zo

Read the first post which debug log to upload when making posts.

Why do you believe 5GB of LOD files being generated in 45 minutes means there is an "issue with DynDOLOD not generating any LOD at all"?

The log says:
[44:53] DynDOLOD plugins generated successfully
[44:53] Occlusion.esp completed successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for Blackreach successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for JaphetsFollyWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC01FalmerValley successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for WarlordWorldSkyrimHiddenEstate successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for BlastedLands successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC1HunterHQWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DeepwoodRedoubtWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for Sovngarde successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for SkuldafnWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC2ApocryphaWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC01SoulCairn successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for MarkarthWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully
[45:29] Saving G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esm
[45:30] Saving G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esp
[45:40] Saving G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Occlusion.esp

DynDOLOD obviously generated tree, object, dynamic and occlusion according to the chosen settings just fine.

In any case I suggest to pay attention to the messages in the summary.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which debug log to upload when making posts.

Why do you believe 5GB of LOD files being generated in 45 minutes means there is an "issue with DynDOLOD not generating any LOD at all"?

The log says:
[44:53] DynDOLOD plugins generated successfully
[44:53] Occlusion.esp completed successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for Blackreach successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for JaphetsFollyWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC01FalmerValley successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for WarlordWorldSkyrimHiddenEstate successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for BlastedLands successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC1HunterHQWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DeepwoodRedoubtWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for Sovngarde successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for SkuldafnWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC2ApocryphaWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC01SoulCairn successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for MarkarthWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld successfully
[44:53] LODGenx64Win.exe generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully
[45:29] Saving G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esm
[45:30] Saving G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\DynDOLOD.esp
[45:40] Saving G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Occlusion.esp

DynDOLOD obviously generated tree, object, dynamic and occlusion according to the chosen settings just fine.

In any case I suggest to pay attention to the messages in the summary.

In game, there are no LODs... no trees or anything else beyond the loaded cell (except some floating windows).  I read through the logs... my problem is that I don't understand them so I just went through the steps I could follow (cleaning all masters and mods as suggested by loot).  Re-installed Dyndolod and tried to re-generate but same result.  I don't think it's an issue with Dyndolod or this forum would be filled with messages.  I'm clearly making an error somewhere but I don't know where.  I missed uploading the debug file... here it is.

https://ufile.io/u1540d75

20 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

In game, there are no LODs... no trees or anything else beyond the loaded cell (except some floating windows).  I read through the logs... my problem is that I don't understand them so I just went through the steps I could follow (cleaning all masters and mods as suggested by loot).  Re-installed Dyndolod and tried to re-generate but same result.  I don't think it's an issue with Dyndolod or this forum would be filled with messages.  I'm clearly making an error somewhere but I don't know where.  I missed uploading the debug file... here it is.

https://ufile.io/u1540d75

Provide a screenshot https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

Doublecheck LOD distances are not zero or very low values in the DynDOLOD MCM settings page https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings

SeasonsOfSkyrim https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62861 is not installed, correct?

Explanations for log messages can be found at https://dyndolod.info/Messages and also the summary pages https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages
If required ask about a specific/particular message in case the explanations are not sufficient or further help is required.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Provide a screenshot https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

Doublecheck LOD distances are not zero or very low values in the DynDOLOD MCM settings page https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings

SeasonsOfSkyrim https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/62861 is not installed, correct?

Explanations for log messages can be found at https://dyndolod.info/Messages and also the summary pages https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages
If required ask about a specific/particular message in case the explanations are not sufficient or further help is required.

I'll have another look at the 'messages' and 'summary of messages' pages... I wasn't able to find anything helpful in them first time though (I try to be thorough as I can before posting here).  Here are some screen shots... hopefully they provide some insight... 

edit: forgot to mention... I don't use Seasons of Skyrim.

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot6.png

Sorry for the multiple posts...

ScreenShot8.png

Edited by BrotherShamus

2 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

I'll have another look at the 'messages' and 'summary of messages' pages... I wasn't able to find anything helpful in them first time though (I try to be thorough as I can before posting here).  Here are some screen shots... hopefully they provide some insight... 

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot6.png

ScreenShot8.png

Increase the short fTreeLoadDistance in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page so tree LOD shows further. Increase the fBlock* object LOD distances so that the object LOD levels show further.

Alternatively use the games launcher or BethINI to increase these settings.

2 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot6.png

ScreenShot8.png

Those [TerrainManager] distance settings look spot on, and fTreeLoadDistance is irrelevant if you are using 'Ultra' option in DynDOLOD. We set our to zero actually.

Check that you have DynDOLOD Output all installed as a mod and that the meshes/textures folders have all the data and the mod is enabled and near the top of your priority in the MO left pane.

36 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Those [TerrainManager] distance settings look spot on, and fTreeLoadDistance is irrelevant if you are using 'Ultra' option in DynDOLOD. We set our to zero actually.

Check that you have DynDOLOD Output all installed as a mod and that the meshes/textures folders have all the data and the mod is enabled and near the top of your priority in the MO left pane.

The user generated standard tree LOD as can be seen from the logs the provided logs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Those were actually suggested settings... can't remember where I got them but they've always worked for me.  I'm actually using Vortex but both Dyndolod and Occlusion were enabled in my Plugins so I'm really stumped as to what's going on.  I'm going to try a clean install of Skyrim... failing that, I'll go back to v110 for now as I did have that working.  I'm thinking some time in about 2026, I'll actually start playing the game :biggrin:.

57 minutes ago, sheson said:

Increase the short fTreeLoadDistance in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page so tree LOD shows further. Increase the fBlock* object LOD distances so that the object LOD levels show further.

Alternatively use the games launcher or BethINI to increase these settings.

Any suggestion as to how much I should increase it by?

15 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

Those were actually suggested settings... can't remember where I got them but they've always worked for me.  I'm actually using Vortex but both Dyndolod and Occlusion were enabled in my Plugins so I'm really stumped as to what's going on.  I'm going to try a clean install of Skyrim... failing that, I'll go back to v110 for now as I did have that working.  I'm thinking some time in about 2026, I'll actually start playing the game :biggrin:.

Changing the settings has an immediate fact in the game to verify their visual/performance impact.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings
The best values depend on the load order, personal preference for visuals and performance.

23 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: Item not found.

https://we.tl/t-BcfzifmNMj

Only happened as a one time thing, restarted MO2 and didn't come up again. But thought I'd share.

bugreport.txt 133.45 kB · 2 downloads

Looks like a race condition when checking for complex grass textures. Thanks for reporting.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The user generated standard tree LOD as can be seen from the logs the provided logs.

1 hour ago, BrotherShamus said:

Sorry to jump in on this again, but as Sheson points out in the first quote^ ... you generated traditional tree LOD and did not tick the 'ultra' box. If you intended to generate vanilla-like tree billboards, then this is fine, but if you are trying to generate trees in object LOD (2D 'billboards' or 3D trees), then that isn't what you configured.

I only mention this, because you are using terrainManager settings probably from BethINI, and not too many people want to generate traditional tree billboards.

Regardless, if you want to see traditional tree LOD beyond LOD4, then you need to increase your fTreeLoadDistance to equal your fBlockLevel1Distance or your fBlockMaximumDistance. If you use 'Ultra' trees, then fTreeLoadDistance can be zero as mentioned.

EDIT: you still have issues with your object LOD though based on your screens, so this is all a moot point until you resolve that. Test with a new game and a mod install list that doesn't have any output that overrides DynDOLOD outputs.

44 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Sorry to jump in on this again, but as Sheson points out in the first quote^ ... you generated traditional tree LOD and did not tick the 'ultra' box. If you intended to generate vanilla-like tree billboards, then this is fine, but if you are trying to generate trees in object LOD (2D 'billboards' or 3D trees), then that isn't what you configured.

I only mention this, because you are using terrainManager settings probably from BethINI, and not too many people want to generate traditional tree billboards.

Regardless, if you want to see traditional tree LOD beyond LOD4, then you need to increase your fTreeLoadDistance to equal your fBlockLevel1Distance or your fBlockMaximumDistance. If you use 'Ultra' trees, then fTreeLoadDistance can be zero as mentioned.

EDIT: you still have issues with your object LOD though based on your screens, so this is all a moot point until you resolve that. Test with a new game and a mod install list that doesn't have any output that overrides DynDOLOD outputs.

Oh wow... that was definitely an oversight borne of frustration.  My tree settings are Level 0, level 1 and level 2 (billboard 6 for the map) so I'm guessing your suggestions for fTreeLoadDistance don't apply but thank you for pointing that out!  I'm still digging for information but this seems to be a problem only I am having.  I'm going to try it with all non-essential mods disabled and just generate LOD for Tamriel and see what happens.  The thought of another clean install and all the tweaking that goes with it is giving me anxiety here.

58 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

Oh wow... that was definitely an oversight borne of frustration.  My tree settings are Level 0, level 1 and level 2 (billboard 6 for the map) so I'm guessing your suggestions for fTreeLoadDistance don't apply but thank you for pointing that out!  I'm still digging for information but this seems to be a problem only I am having.  I'm going to try it with all non-essential mods disabled and just generate LOD for Tamriel and see what happens.  The thought of another clean install and all the tweaking that goes with it is giving me anxiety here.

I see you mention billboard6 for the map. A very common cause for LOD not displaying is using my mod (A Clear Map of Skyrim) with Level32 object lod on the map, and failing to set Level32=1 in the DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file. Doing so will make the game look for lod that isn't there, and bug out all lods. Either reinstall my mod and use the Level16 ini, or generate Level32 object LOD by setting Level32=1 in the DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file