Vokrii - Minimalistic Perks of Skyrim (by EnaiSiaion)

TechAngel85

Discussion topic:
Vokrii - Minimalistic Perks of Skyrim by EnaiSiaion
Wiki Link

Accepted for v2.0.0

CACO patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46476
CCOR patch: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19518
Other useful patches: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26278

This is another mod in this author's "vanilla plus" series that is made to work well with Odin. It would cover the perk side of users asking for magic, perks, and more skills. I'm even more curious as to what everyone thinks of this mod than Odin because I'm not completely familiar with all the perk trees. I've had a good read over this mod page and compared it to our Mandate, like Odin, nothing seems out of place. The perk trees that I am familiar with seem to be well overhauled to allow for specific builds. This means players are less likely to be forced to pick unless perks simply because they're an obstacle to a perk that is desired. In this way, related perks seem to be along the same "branch" so all the previous perks would still benefit the player. The perk altering mods we already have in the SE Guide do this same rearranging of the trees they affect, so adding Vokrii would be like expanding this same effect to all perk trees. Vokrii is probably one of the best fits for the Guide that I've seen in a while, but more opinions are needed.

As for compatibility, it has all the patches that we'd need already available, and most of those could probably be incorporated into the CR Patches. This mod, like Odin, would like become a hard requirement for the Guide.

I use Vokrii in combination with 0.3.0b.

I prefer this one over other perk mods I've tried, including Enai's other perk overhaul, Ordinator. 

He's gone out of his way to make it compatible with other mods of his, including Triumvirate,  which adds "raw magic" damage type spells(hence the one perk in the destruction tree). His vanilla plus mods are all designed to work with each other as well(i have a couple others installed, too). 

He did manage a few tweaks, like sneak multipliers are changed(bows reduced, daggers/1h increased).

I don't have the CACO or CCOR patches installed(didn't even know they were there tbh) so I'll have to grab those and see if they clear up my only couple of issues with it(CCOR smithing being overwritten etc). 

I personally think it's be a nice addition, and if you've got questions you could probably hop on his discord to ask. Think Enai's on break at the moment though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I played with this enabled through a level 12 character as a "battlemage" (magic in one hand, sword in the other) to compare the magic to normal combat; again...couldn't find any faults. The reworked perk trees that I experienced all made total sense. I never once had to make a choice of choosing a perk just to get to another one I wanted. In other words, the perks are aligned so the they relevant to the type of character you're building; each perk builds upon the next smoothly. That is largest issue with vanilla perk trees, and it seems to be pretty much resolved in Vokrii.

Overall, this was a refreshing experience away from the old vanilla grind. The new trees feel familiar, but with a refreshing remix to fix most your annoyances. The mod was made to integrate well with Odin, so there aren't any complaints when the two are used together. I see no reason not to add this one.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

So these perk overhauls essentially "coordinate" related perk nodes to be long common paths to maximize efficiency when spending perk points? Do they alter vanilla perks or just rearrange them?

It does both. The perks are overhauled. The Nexus page is quiet extensively covers what it changes. Nothing felt overpowered or underpowered. I actually ended up hanging on to perk points to spend more wisely.

• 1 month later...

I don't do magic much in Skyrim aside for 'tools' like healing, enemy detection, telekinesis, etc. That said, I have had no issues with this mod in my general testing. Given the description, I think it's a good fit for Step in that it incorporates some vanilla-friendly fixes and essentially enhances immersion/realism. I will place this same note on the new magi-related mods we are testing for Step.

On 3/7/2021 at 11:48 PM, TechAngel85 said:

This mod apparently does not exist on Nexus, but I found VOKRII - Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul Patch.

Also note that LOOT claims Vokrii - WAFFC Patch from Umgak's Vokrii Compatibility Patch Compendium is already included in CCOR_Vokrii Patch. I just checked in SSEEdit and it looks as if CCOR_Vokrii.esp indeed includes everything in Vokrii - WACCF Patch.esp.

EDIT: I also found Vokrii - Smithing Perks Overhaul Patch. I'll need to play around a bit to determine how Smithing Perks Overhaul fits into the Vokrii perk system to see if it's worth using both together.

3 hours ago, Greg said:

This mod apparently does not exist on Nexus, but I found VOKRII - Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul Patch.

Also note that LOOT claims Vokrii - WAFFC Patch from Umgak's Vokrii Compatibility Patch Compendium is already included in CCOR_Vokrii Patch. I just checked in SSEEdit and it looks as if CCOR_Vokrii.esp indeed includes everything in Vokrii - WACCF Patch.esp.

EDIT: I also found Vokrii - Smithing Perks Overhaul Patch. I'll need to play around a bit to determine how Smithing Perks Overhaul fits into the Vokrii perk system to see if it's worth using both together.

I grabbed this mod and related on Mar28, and it looks like it was updated on Apr 10, so feel free to modify the OP with new install instructions once you get it finalized.

I disabled Smithing Perks in my load to avoid the issues, so please share your findings on that, too. I don't have enough familiarity with the vanilla and Step-modified perk system to make any sound judgements on record-level particulars.

Link to CACO patch updated in the OP.

I tend to use smithing on practically everything I can find until I get the Arcane Smithing perk so I can improve the enchanted weapons and armor I actually use, but I want to do one playthrough with Smithing Perks Overhaul disabled to get a feel for Vokrii. I'll then enable Smithing Perks Overhaul and the patch to do a second playthrough to get a feel for the difference.

4 hours ago, Greg said:

Link to CACO patch updated in the OP.

I tend to use smithing on practically everything I can find until I get the Arcane Smithing perk so I can improve the enchanted weapons and armor I actually use, but I want to do one playthrough with Smithing Perks Overhaul disabled to get a feel for Vokrii. I'll then enable Smithing Perks Overhaul and the patch to do a second playthrough to get a feel for the difference.

That would be a most welcome activity. Keen to hear your outcome/opinions.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:48 PM, Greg said:

I think what I did was allow Vokrii to overwrite SPO and then was going to forward anything needed via the STEP Patches. This mod makes the choice of using the SPO perk tree over Vokrii's layout, so that would need to be determined if it is desired or not (I think I prefer Vokrii's). The final question to really ask is if we accept Vokrii, is SPO still needed/useful? (I would say it's not.) I find it curious that there's not been an official patch for it on their Hub.

• 6 months later...

Updated to 3.7.0 along with relevant Odin compatibility patch

Version 3.7.0

• Fix compatibility issue with Rare Curios and the Anniversary Edition causing almost every boss chest to have Rare Curios/Saints and Seducers loot in it.
  • [Odin-Vokrii Patch] Mara's Mercy is no longer affected by the Harm perk for balance reasons

• 3 weeks later...

MOd updated on Nexus.

• Version 3.8.0

• Archery - Lion's Arrow: Reduce spell damage multiplier from 50/75% -> 25/50%.
    • Destruction - Elemental Shield: Now also grants Fire resistance when the player has a cloak that evaporates freezing water, as a workaround to include Mara's Wrath from the Arcane Accessories Creation despite its lack of keywords.
    • Illusion - Blur: Change effect from 40% damage reduction -> move 15% faster.
    • Light Armor - Evasive Sprint: Replace ghost status -> 50% damage reduction.
    • Light Armor - Wardancer: Improve attack damage bonus from 15% -> 20%.
    • Lockpicking: Replace Lockmaster -> Lawyer.
    • Lockpicking - Hotwire: Reduce Health regeneration from 5 -> 2 per second.
    • Lockpicking - Overdrive: Reduce attack damage bonus from 50% -> 25%.
    • One-Handed - Bladedancer: Reduce damage reduction from 50% -> 30%.
    • One-Handed - Shieldbiter: Improve critical multiplier from 5 -> 6.
    • Restoration - Harm: Reduce heal to damage conversion from 50% -> 35%.
    • Restoration - Inspire: Reduce radius from 40 -> 15 feet.
    • Restoration - Intervention: Increase cooldown from 20 -> 30 minutes.
    • Restoration - Vigilant Ward: Improve damage reduction at level 2 from 50% -> 60%.
    • Restoration - Ward Absorb: Increase Magicka absorb from 30% -> 40%.
    • Sneak - Fog of War: Improve sneak bonus from 25% -> 35%.
    • Speech - Beastmaster: Reduce attack damage bonus from 50% -> 25%.
    • Speech - Speak With Animals: Reduce Health regeneration from 5 -> 2 per second.
    • Speech - Special Stock: Fix issue where not all weapons or armor that can drop as enchanted items were available to buy through the perk.
    • Speech - Words of Power: Remove level 3.
    • Two-Handed - Bear Hide: Reduce damage reduction from 50% -> 30%.
    • Two-Handed - Warmaster: Increase chance to trigger from 20% -> 25%.