wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

@Jarda

Alright folks, its been 6 years since the last time I've played this series, it was vanilla FNV.

I don't like spoilers, I didn't see any FO4 videos since launch, I've followed this guide right after installing the game, never played it before.

That said, I'm not sure of what is vanilla or not, or if the mods are all working at all.

I've been playing on Survival for 12 hours by now, since Normal was boring as hell. No issues so far, good stable fps, but I need some confirmations, just for the sake of it. I hope you guys can clarify it for me.

• Things got pretty interesting after the settlement stuff started. There is a lot of options ready available for building. Is that how it works? I mean, I don't need to unlock anything other than the perks required for building certain stuff? If it is ok, that's cool, I like it. And I assume the settlement mods are working fine, since I can see it's names on Workshop menu.
  • I've read on Armorsmith Expanded page that dog backpacks and other stuff should be moved from Chems Workshop(playing pt-BR, forgot the English name) to Armorsmith Workshop. In my game I still have dog backpacks on Chems thing, along with some stealth stuff and probably some other stuff I've forgot about. Not a big issue, but I started to think I could have screwed something.
  • Some interiors on Concord has weird bloom lights. I  assume most of those interiors are provided by mods, since the terminals content are still not translated from English. Again, not a big issue, I just need to turn ENB off. If it helps, I'm not using ELFX, because I thought NAC would take care of the lighting stuff. Now I'm not sure anymore.
  • When on PA, item icons on containers has colors, but otherwise while not wearing PA, the icons on container screen are just white/green, which is my main interface color. Is this how it works? (Icons on Pip-Boy screen have colors tho.)

Thats it, sorry for long and bad formating text, I'm on mobile right now.

1. I've not Added in xp removal in the latest patch so crafting will level you very quickly.

2. I've been chipping away at all the crafting stuff the last few days, next patch will be more complete in regards to this.

3. Turn off Lens effect. in ENB. (it's causing the "Bloom" effect in NAC Standalone) ELFX is only there to place objects "light fixtures" where fake lights are. ELFX Has no effect when loaded before NAI

4. looting while not in PA the Icons have no color? 

SMH is still there, he just changed the name to Modular Housing (Carpentry).

It currently has no roofs nor glass for the windows. The mod is being rebuilt and the upcoming version will most likely break anything built with the current version.

@Jarda

1. I've not Added in xp removal in the latest patch so crafting will level you very quickly.

2. I've been chipping away at all the crafting stuff the last few days, next patch will be more complete in regards to this.

3. Turn off Lens effect. in ENB. (it's causing the "Bloom" effect in NAC Standalone) ELFX is only there to place objects "light fixtures" where fake lights are. ELFX Has no effect when loaded before NAI

4. looting while not in PA the Icons have no color? 

Please don't hard-code removal of crafting xp. I have something that keeps me from getting xp while building buildings and such but I want to keep the xp from using the workbenches.

Edited by rayhne

It currently has no roofs nor glass for the windows. The mod is being rebuilt and the upcoming version will most likely break anything built with the current version.

Please don't hard-code removal of crafting xp. I have something that keeps me from getting xp while building buildings and such but I want to keep the xp from using the workbenches.

What is it, praytell?  I'd like to get my grubby little hands on it. :D

What is it, praytell?  I'd like to get my grubby little hands on it. :D

It's not out yet. It's still being worked on. You can see the discussion on Discord (reachable through the SMH page)

@Gernash

Thank you. I don't use to, and it was not intended, but this I've skipped some reading, my bad again.

After adjusting the ui color to white (like you wrote in the guide) I can see the icon colors.

About the xp, I get none while building/cooking, just when crafting armor/weapons. Not sure if I get some on Chem Station tho.

Tbh, I'm using the clean version of the Core patch that you kindly uploaded on Dropbox last week or so.

I have no internet connection atm, so I thought it would be better to stick with my current modlist without updating stuff, since it is working fine.

The only thing I've updated was NAC, and today I've got the Enb patch from PRC page, which I didn't noticed before.

Not related to your guide at all, but the blocky/pixelated shadows are still there after PCR patch. I play on 1st person only, but it breaks any character screenshot attempt. It only gets better if my character is looking to the sun, otherwise there are weird pixels in the eyes and nose whenever the face gets some shadow. Also, my game froze 3 times after installing it. Need to play more to confirm, but I got no freezing before activating this patch.

Move (Get Out the Way) -- Removed

Better Companions by techprince -- Replacement

LOAD ORDER - Updated for upcoming patch

New Patch is a MAJOR General Tidy of crafting menus and PipBoy display.

Will include

Latest version of C.A.S.T (Working)

Updated Mashup/Tweek/Overhaul for Supermutants (They were quite pitiful above level 35)

Stopped further tinkering with raiders waiting on Update for RO 

I was using the Core version of WE-VIS patch by mistake, so I'm starting a new game because the WE weapons and some armors had no icons, even after changing to the correct esp. I've also added a Survival Save Enabler mid-game, but it does quicksaves only, so I will use Survival Options instead.

Turning off PRC Lens really helped with lighting.

I loaded ELFX before NAC/NAI, tested on clean saves, but the results are weird, it seems to remove some shadows in places, turning the ambient too bright and artificial, so I'm passing this one.

I forgot to copy the asi loader dll from Shadow Boost in my previous playthrough, so it was just placebo. Game was already running perfectly without it, so I hope it improves even more now.

One thing is bugging me tho. Whenever I set the ingame options for General Subtitles=On and HUD color=White, it always revert back to default values after I quit the game.

Move (Get Out the Way) -- Removed
Better Companions by techprince -- Replacement
LOAD ORDER - Updated for upcoming patch

New Patch is a MAJOR General Tidy of crafting menus and PipBoy display.

Will include
Latest version of C.A.S.T (Working)
Updated Mashup/Tweek/Overhaul for Supermutants (They were quite pitiful above level 35)

Stopped further tinkering with raiders waiting on Update for RO 

Had a look at Better Companions as well, if used will the Companion Fall immunity also be removed? and there is bit at the bottom about Valdacil's patching that leads to mod that adds loads of VIS patching for most of the mods used. Radrose Usability Enhancements. Will using this and removing other versions be planned?

• +1 1

I was using the Core version of WE-VIS patch by mistake, so I'm starting a new game because the WE weapons and some armors had no icons, even after changing to the correct esp. I've also added a Survival Save Enabler mid-game, but it does quicksaves only, so I will use Survival Options instead.

Turning off PRC Lens really helped with lighting.

I loaded ELFX before NAC/NAI, tested on clean saves, but the results are weird, it seems to remove some shadows in places, turning the ambient too bright and artificial, so I'm passing this one.

I forgot to copy the asi loader dll from Shadow Boost in my previous playthrough, so it was just placebo. Game was already running perfectly without it, so I hope it improves even more now.

One thing is bugging me tho. Whenever I set the ingame options for General Subtitles=On and HUD color=White, it always revert back to default values after I quit the game.

[spoiler=Load order]Arbitration - Recommended Core.esp

Arbitration - Survival Damage to Player 5x.esp <-- Remove 1

Arbitration - Survival Damage by Player 2.5x.esp <-- Remove 1

BetterModDescriptionsAE.esp <-- Remove

BetterModDescriptionsCAS.esp <-- Remove

BetterSettlersMortalPack.esp <--Review How you are doing clothing and if you are using V1 or V2

DWUK_LexingtonInteriors.esp <-- Not Supported

BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp  <--Review How you are doing clothing and if you are using V1 or V2

BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp <--Review How you are doing clothing and if you are using V1 or V2

MODWiki - CORE - Patch.esp

MODWiki-ModernWeapons-Patch.esp

MODWiki-NAC-Patch.esp 

MODWiki-Doors-Patch.esp

IF you use Survival Options by Jekod  then Arbitration - Survival Damage can be disabled and controlled via the holotape.

PRC Patch for Enbs.esp Loads at the end

Had a look at Better Companions as well, if used will the Companion Fall immunity also be removed? and there is bit at the bottom about Valdacil's patching that leads to mod that adds loads of VIS patching for most of the mods used. Radrose Usability Enhancements. Will using this and removing other versions be planned?

I had a look at Radrose if you were looking for VIS compatibility patches (And a few extra nifty things) then I'd recommend using this.

Unfortunately, Because I've changed A lot of the naming structure and how they are sorted into sub-menus it's not 100% compatible.

Another crash leaving the On a Dime Diner. I kind of expect them but thought you might like to know.

I was making VIS patches but they are doing a much better (and faster) job of it.

Edited by rayhne