wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

mmm, that come down to what worldspace mods you are running and which patches  you are using.

ie full mods full world space

or full mods basic wordspace.

or no worldspace.

I need more info to guess at your issue.

Full mods full worldspace.  I've installed your guide as is so I can't blame my own tinkering so much and to make it easier for testing your guide/updates.

I've used the worldspace ESP from the CORE patch and load order is as per your guide.

I'm in the process of winnowing out mods, as in which have I actually used. Settlement Management Software may go (Don't know how it might work with Sim Settlement anyway). Pet Call Feed Dogmeat is iffy.

Despite reported problems with Don't Call me Settler, I really want to keep using it. I plan on turning off pretty much everything except the naming, the adding of job title (wonder howthat works with Sim Settlement), and Animal Paradise. (I love having dogs and cats showing up and populating the settlements)

Edited by rayhne

Well, I know you weren't asking me, buuuuuuut.

-19 additional settlement mods, mainly adding items and features the others don't.  Too many to list, but if you want, I'll make a follow-up post later.

-8 mods specifically for making Vault 88 more enjoyable to build.  1 of them has a RIDICULOUS number of plugins that i have to merge just to keep the esp list reasonable.  I may have listed them once before a long time ago.  If not, I'll be happy to provide.  I will not touch Vault 88 without these.

-T-49 you already knew about, but also 5 extra armors/outfits (Proto-Vault Suit, True Reporter, The Mercenary collection of LoW's armors, Armored General, and Wasteland Sniper).

-3 extra weapon mods (Widow Shotgun, The Detective Special, and Crossbows of the Commonwealth).

-3 tweak mods for companions (better accuracy, infinite ammo, no fall damage) and one brand-new companion (Heather Casdin)

-Several Quest mods, but only 1 is active (Combat Zone Revamped; Fusion City Rising, Maxwell's World, and a couple others are being saved for post-main story in case of breakage).

-4 player housing mods by Elianora + Goodneighbor Apartment

-4 gameplay change mods (realistic fusion core drain, pre-war safes only housing pre-war items, more durable veritbirds, ability to jump out of vertibirds, and We Are The Minutemen (Basic Version).

-2 new face presets, male and female

Oh, and they're cuirrently inactive as I don't hate myself enough to play Survival while in a testing phase, but I have 6 mods specifically for customizing Survival Mode into something REALISTIC and not ball-crushingly stupid. 

And several of the above mods need compatibility patches to go with other mods.  I didn't count them.

Not that it makes any sort of dent in the list, really, but I believe Crossbows of the Commonwealth and Detective Special are included in Weaponsmith Extended. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Edited by dstansberry

I'm in the process of winnowing out mods, as in which have I actually used. Settlement Management Software may go (Don't know how it might work with Sim Settlement anyway). Pet Call Feed Dogmeat is iffy.

Despite reported problems with Don't Call me Settler, I really want to keep using it. I plan on turning off pretty much everything except the naming, the adding of job title (wonder howthat works with Sim Settlement), and Animal Paradise. (I love having dogs and cats showing up and populating the settlements)

He says don't call me settler is technically compativle with Sims settlements but he won't support any problems with it installed because it can apaprently literally break save games.

Wasn't there an alternative released recently?  It was linked several pages back.

He says don't call me settler is technically compativle with Sims settlements but he won't support any problems with it installed because it can apaprently literally break save games.

Wasn't there an alternative released recently?  It was linked several pages back.

Yes (IthinkI linked it) but that one only gives them a name. I like the job title and really like the animal paradise.

Can't find that other mod anyway ... :/

Edited by rayhne

Hows it going Vault Hunters and Vault Huntresses? Just figured I would poke my head in and see what kind of cogs are turning. Happy to report after a full install, 25 hours in and not one CTD, and I have SIMS settlements installed but no add on packs yet. I have a distinct feeling that the way it blew up overnight and got a shot ton of beta testers that it will soon be a core settlement mod that will force all others to integrate or patch with it. It has so much potential...

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Not that it makes any sort of dent in the list, really, but I believe Crossbows of the Commonwealth and Detective Special are included in Weaponsmith Extended. Or am I misunderstanding something?

The fact that I don't want 90% of what comes with Weaponsmith Extended, mainly.  

From my remembering of the big issue that brought the mod to being pulled down....

Apparently, a few patches ago, Bethesda made some undocumented changes to how settlers and NPCs are spawned and despawned when you're not around.  Before the patch, the data was saved, and DCMS used that to give settlers their consistent feel.  But as a shortcut for something else, Beth re-wrote things so that the data wasn't saved to individual NPC records, but to a giant pool, so DCMS settlers would respawn differently every time you left a settlement and came back. That broke scripts, which broke saves, which caused people to get very angry.  The mod author found a temp fix for a while, but it wasn't a total fix, and the save/script issues continued to occur, albeit less frequently.  Eventually, he got fed up, pulled it down until he fixed it for good... and was never heard from again.  

Either it wasn't possible to fix, it was beyond his skill, or he just threw up his hands and said "**** it." Possibly some combination of the three.  I've my feelings clear on mods being pulled down needlessly, but honestly, it was probably for the best that he did, in this case, given the issues.  I just wish he'd fixed it, or at least made an announcement that it was over.  Maybe he did, and I missed it.

I believe Immersive Settlers handles the naming part, now, at least.  

Edited by Barachiel

Don't Call Me Settler: In the precious versions I've patched in the quests that control those functions so I had no issues with the Mod.

The "ISSUE" the mod "has" is when you run the quest script for repairing damaged resources after an attack. When it puts up the quest flags in the pip-boy that can stay active and the quest does not get removed causing a CTD.

I've never experienced this. BUT I've removed the patching in the newer version.

Settlers can reset even if you turn around the names seem persistent so you can have a MALE "Cathy" with a settler reset.

this is just part of the Vanilla game. there is talk to have a craftable roster you give to a settler and it keeps their settings.,

Edited by Gernash

Settlers can reset even if you turn around the names seem persistent so you can have a MALE "Cathy" with a settler reset.

this is just part of the Vanilla game. there is talk to have a craftable roster you give to a settler and it keeps their settings.,

Okay, there was more going on that I missed.  Cool!  

I will say, the part your describing with the settler "Cathy", didn't exist at first.  It came about because of patch 1.5 or 1.6, as I recall.  I remember reading the mod author's rather heated rant that they broke something that didn't need fixing, all for a lazy work around regarding save-game bloat.  

If anyone is interested in higher fps in cities such as Lexington and Concord, try overclocking your CPU and RAM. I'm running the guide as is, with a stock 1070, an i7-4770k @ 4.5ghz i overclocked from 3.5ghz and 8gb ballistix sport @ 2133mhz, overclocked from 1600mhz. My frames went from ~45 in Concord, to a steady 60 and from ~20 in front of Diamond City, to ~45-55.

I assume that once things get settled we'll be able to merge the ModWiki patches.

Also it looks like some ammo have been given weight? That only happens if you are in survival mode, right?

Edited by rayhne