wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Quickly switching to a different topic, I found a really nice mod, while mourning for Snap'n'Build.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11639/?

It doesn't have the cool wood and metal walls and inside door frames that SnB does (that I've found, at least), but the new tilesets are *really* nice, and I actually like them better than the one added by the older mod.  It might make a decent replacement.  

Lol /cry. I'll get back to you in a couple of days about it. I did the patch inside modern weapons months ago.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm ... not using that patch.  How odd.  

On retrospect, I tend to scrap the weapons I pull the mods from anyway, so really, "Hard" isn't that ... um, yeah.  I'll re-enable the Hard version, and give it a try tonight.  

I recall there is a required overwrite to get lm2 working (I've also not added it to all items as well.) Was intending chest only for lm2. I'll look at it again later.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

My guess is that it's in the modern weapons patch, since LM isn't a part of the core. (and since I don't use that patch, I should be fine.)

But I don't use that patch, as I don't use the "modern weapons" part of that list.  Just the two weapon mod expansions, arbitration,  and LM.  

So yeah, I switched back to LM Hard, made the changes for the DLC addon mod. 

And every legendary says, when I try to scrap it, "This item cannot be scrapped." 

*throws hands up*  What do I have to do to use "Normal" mode?  

Hey,

First I'd like to say thanks for the work you've put in to your guide. Very much appreciated.

Game is looking great.

I'm having one issue however and I'm hoping that you can shed some light on it.

When I open my pipboy and examine a piece of armor I get a CTD.

When I open an armor modding crafting station it's an automatic CTD.

I've read on the Armorsmith page that this happens to some people and they say that there's likely something wrong with the keywords... I've reinstalled AWKCR, Armorsmith Extended and Crafting Workbenches. I'm hitting a wall trying to figure out my next move in fixing this issue.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Gotta Say Sim settlements is awesome:

https://gyazo.com/8f840411923860293cfd029c7c29c8d9

ll I built in that was the walls which is another mod.  It really just works then over time they improve themselves.   As for the game got about 10-12 hours in now and a few observations:

There are a HELL of a lot of types of ammo in this.  I've not yet made an ammo bench so hoping I can break it all down into just what I'm using.  

Building experience is still on i'm afraid Gernash. Didn't realise at first but then suddenly dinged while building.

I've had only one CTD which is a miracle for a game this modded so well done on stability.  that CTD was near Diamond city. walked around a corner saw a dead super mutant and CTD.  But reloaded and walked around same corner with no issue so i'm not concerned

One thing I've noticed is, even with my draw distance set to 20000, sometimes I'll get landscape vanishing or popping in even when i'm quite close to it.  For example there have been times i've tunred around in starlight drive-in and the screen has vanished for a few seconds (although I can still see clutter on top of it).  Not major though it clears up quickly.

FPS wise I'm on a stable 60fps.

On top of your full guide all I've added is:

After the fallout from landscape pluging (put before all other landscape stuff and let them overwrite)

Water Enhanced at 4k.

Sim Settlements

Wedges of the commonwealth

PCDug's Build a Wall (gave me those gib all walls and guard posts)

Altairp's Animal Farm - Add-On for Sim Settlements

SimSettlements AddOn Pack - JtBryant's Utilities

Other than that it's your guide.  All of the above have installed with no issues that I can tell  Most are just addons for sim settlements and the wall one has correctly just integrated itself into the workshop menu with no issues.

With Sim Settlement, do you have the option just to build yourself and only use the Sim for certain areas? How does it use resources?

I've just restarted and am working at balancing the look.

Edited by rayhne

With Sim Settlement, do you have the option just to build yourself and only use the Sim for certain areas? How does it use resources?

I've just restarted and am working at balancing the look.

Yup doesn't stop you building at all.  you just put down a plot and it builds only on that plot. It spawns in everything so you don't have to use your resources (also only the actual plot itself counts towards your settlement limit if you haven't disabled that).around it you can build whatever you like with no issues.  He has also cleverly got around the fact Fallout 4 only lets you normall assign someone to one item at a time.  IF you assign someone to a house then assign them to something else (another plot type or a Vanilla/non sims settlements settler job) a script runs a few seconds later and assigns them to both.

There's a dynamics needs thing so the more you build or the more settlers you have and the higher tier their buildings are the more resources are needed.  But literally everything in this mod is configurable so you can turn that off as well.   They also pay you taxes (although at present it's pittance for me.  Few caps a week).

Oh one thing what the settlers or plots become is completely random idea being the settlers choose what to build not you but, if they build something you don't like or doesn't fit, you can just pick the plot up and put it down again and it will re-roll for something else (you also have the option to pickup and move the plot and it build the same thing).

The plots themselves use a sensor you can craft but you at the place you get the mods holotape you get given something like 125 sensors for free so shouldn't run out anytime soon.

there's other awesome features (like the VIP system) but it's best to just watch either Gophers vid or the mod authers. He actually does really good informative videos (he also brings out a video for every single patch he does showing what he's changed).

Will have to look at it.

Do they uses resources from other mods? And does the Settlement resources mod that is in this guide limit the number of settlers? (Rethinking using that mod ... so much of the guide overwrites it anyway.)

Also have to rethink mods since I am very close to plugin limit.

Hate to suggest this but maybe Sanp 'n Build should be removed as a master.

Edited by rayhne