Vivid Weathers - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul

Mangaclub

I downloaded the new version 1.2 of Vivid Weathers. When I try to use Mod Organizer 1.3.11 to install it I get an "Extracting error (9)" error. The archive file opens properly when I use 7zip. Any idea why this might happen? I've never seen this before with MO even when I open larger files. The previous version of Vivid Weathers had no problems installing.

Second time we're having file corruption issue with the nexus in two updates...  :wallbash:

I'm still able to download and install v1.2 properly though, so it's worth trying to re-download.

I had redownloaded it again and gotten the same problem. I opened it in 7zip without any problem and created a folder with the files I needed from the mod. Does the MO error indicate that it can't extract the files or that it the Fomod doesn't work the way it expects?

I noticed the Dragonborn compatibility plugin is no longer present; I assume it isn't needed any longer?

I extracted the file I downloaded into a folder and then re-archived it with 7zip (I used the non solid option). MO read this file without any problems. Weird.

I downloaded the new version 1.2 of Vivid Weathers. When I try to use Mod Organizer 1.3.11 to install it I get an "Extracting error (9)" error. The archive file opens properly when I use 7zip. Any idea why this might happen? I've never seen this before with MO even when I open larger files. The previous version of Vivid Weathers had no problems installing.

Not sure, I recently downloaded and had no issue with either archive.

Quick STEP newbie question, I've read the entire thread but no clear answer for me at least:  can VW "Overhaul" be installed into ongoing 2.2.9.2-X, and if so, any procedure issues (please detail)?  I'm sure someone has done so, so please share.

SIGNIFCANT EDIT: ... [PM sent] ...  I take exception to an earlier post that used 'legality' to hide behind such unprincipled business actions.

Edited by Bandy

Could this be included in STEP or is there a significant performance impact?

Doubtful. This isn't about the performances, but more about getting "too far from vanilla" than what the STEP guide aim for. Individual manga's mods (vivid snow and vivid clouds and fogs) are better suited.

Could this be included in STEP or is there a significant performance impact?

Doubtful. This isn't about the performances, but more about getting "too far from vanilla" than what the STEP guide aim for. Individual manga's mods (vivid snow and vivid clouds and fogs) are better suited.

Actually, it's been lightly discussed behind the scenes. CoT was once in STEP a long time ago so this is not out of the realm of possibilities. It would obviously be Extended and eventually be moved into an official Pack, if ever accepted. There are a few staff members (myself included) who will/already have this installed for testing and normal gameplay.

That's good news, because VW certain looks lovely and I'd love to give it a try.  So just curious then, how involved is the install to get it to play testing on a STEP install?  Or is this play testing on vanilla install?

Edited by Bandy