Vivid Weathers - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul

Mangaclub

Maybe someone will find these tweaks useful, for me with these changes, VW ENB looks as good (crisp) as VV Performance:

effect.txt.ini:

------  FXAA  ------------------=true
FXAA Depth - Day=500.0
FXAA Depth - Night=50.0
FXAA Depth - Interior=30.0
------  Luma Sharpen  -------=true
LumaSharpen Strength - Exterior=1.2
LumaSharpen Strength - Interior=1.2
LumaSharpen Clamp - Exterior=0.033
LumaSharpen Clamp - Interior=0.033
------  Sharpen  --------------=true
Sharpening Range=1.0
Sharpening Amount - Day=1.03
Sharpening Amount - Night=0.5
Sharpening Amount - Interior=1.02
Use Sharpening by Color=true

enbeffect.fx.ini:

SaturationDayRed=0.80
Brightness Interior=1.1
Edited by sm0kem

Very nice. I'm liking this very much. Some of the sunsets are a bit... orange for my liking and seem to flood the landscape wish I could adjust those, and I can't seem to get the ENB to perform properly its overbright and bleached out but that could be the old binary I still have, I only use barebones ENB's anyway (DoF, Shadows and God Rays) so no loss there, but still, its strange. Anyway other than that very nice work!

Distant lod brightnes is nothing i could possibly controll. The only thing i can controll is the ambient colors wich affect a bit also some distant lods. 

@smokem 

the lumasharpen und sharpening values in the effect.txt shader ;) 

Tree LOD brightess is tied to the grass brightness and is mostly affected by Ambient color (not directional ambient colors) and Sunlight color of a weather. Directional ambient colors affect them too, but to a much less degree from my experience.

• +1 1

Tree LOD brightess is tied to the grass brightness and is mostly affected by Ambient color (not directional ambient colors) and Sunlight color of a weather. Directional ambient colors affect them too, but to a much less degree from my experience.

Thanks for the heads-up. Btw as far as I can tell sunlight color = directional colors (no actual directional colors in weathers).

Look like the per-tree brightness adjustment I "suggested without knowing it was  a suggestion" could be of some use here (with VW, snow pines lods are too dark while aspen lods are too bright).

Thanks for the heads-up. Btw as far as I can tell sunlight color = directional colors (no actual directional colors in weathers).

Look like the per-tree brightness adjustment I "suggested without knowing it was  a suggestion" could be of some use here (with VW, snow pines lods are too dark while aspen lods are too bright).

Sunlight color affects unshaded places only (and tree lod is not shadowed at all in this engine unfortunately, Beth should learn from Witcher). Directional colors affect everything everywhere.

personnaly heavy rain means for me when it's so heavy that  you just can see 10 meters clearly in front of you.  I'm often trailing or climbing in a place where this kind of rain happens often.

i like vw but i think, rain is not enough important. not enough immersive.

Manga, latest VV has overly bright ground cover (grasses, flowers, etc) to the point where they are almost glowing in contrast with terrain textures. Ive tries messing around with vegetation settings but wasnt able to make any difference

P.S. i am using VW, SFO, and Verdant

Edited by sm0kem