Vivid Weathers - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul

Mangaclub

It seems that he'll be back to school tomorrow but the teachers didn't give a clear example of what he did wrong. From what I could tell, it seems that the issue is that he wrote a paper from an outline that was similar to another students but when reading through the final draft, they are quite different since different arguments and topics were used, granted the format is similar.

I don't really think it was a valid excuse to send him home but I don't think getting upset at the matter will help the situation.

Well, to be honest, comparing Vivid Weathers and CoT in TES5Edit it is quite clear he used more than the same outline to make his paper. He used another students old paper as a base, rewrote the whole thing while keeping the same base structure. I do believe it was a valid excuse to send him home. Kinda saw it happening the moment I heard of the same Weather IDs; even visited CoTs permission tab before this happened.

That said, he've made such extensive changes to the paper it would be a great shame if he cannot publish it, as the current version is really really good and on the outside are quite different from CoT. It does not however take away the fact that the weather IDs do come from the CoT paper.

Edited by Exoclyps

Well, to be honest, comparing Vivid Weathers and CoT in TES5Edit it is quite clear he used more than the same outline to make his paper. He used another students old paper as a base, rewrote the whole thing while keeping the same base structure. I do believe it was a valid excuse to send him home. Kinda saw it happening the moment I heard of the same Weather IDs; even visited CoTs permission tab before this happened.

That said, he've made such extensive changes to the paper it would be a great shame if he cannot publish it, as the current version is really really good and on the outside are quite different from CoT. It does not however take away the fact that the weather IDs do come from the CoT paper.

Its obviously inspired by COT which was posted on the main page, however the two are not the same.

No one owns a FormID or a set of FormIDs.

Although one should respect inject forms claimed by others

The naming convention isnt JJCs, its bethsofts.

The weather rates and elements are 100% manga's(and umi's)

All the assets are Manga's

Nothing except that small similarity is JJC's and even it is a shallow reason to give JJC control.

Manga isn't dumb but he does struggle in math a little bit.

I thought this was all a case of JJC71 throwing is toys outta the cot (har har). He did the reporting no?

I cannot confirm nor deny this allegation.

The issue at hand is that the only way to get that small similarity is if he directly used the Weather IDs created by JJC in CoT.

That is the only issue at hand, and for me as a user this way is the most convenient way. However, this does not take away the fact that those Weather IDs do come from CoT esp.

I do feel it would be a shame if the mod would die due to this, but it is to me clear that the above mentioned issue is what's causing this whole thing.

Usability-wise, Manga's mod beats CoT hands down. My install required around a dozen patches to make CoT enjoyable: the three separate still-non-legendary CoT files, the nights plugin, the Minty's Lightning mod's patch, the AOS2 patch, the Realistic Nights' equally non-legendary four-file monster (which had to be edited in TES5Edit to remove SS, COTWP, and ESS dependencies), plus a handful of custom-patches just to make it all work together with the rest of my mods). VW achieved the same with just three files (down to two once Manga releases a Legendary version) and zero custom patching. And without a dedicated Supreme and Volumetric Fog companion mod. And with a MCM.

Never claimed it to be an unsolvable issue, nor a big one. All I said, or at least intended to say, was that I believe that it was the Weather ID's that caused your mod to go into moderation, and that I wasn't surprised that it happen.

I am glad that has been solved as I really like what I seen so far with your mod.

Let us celebrate! :)

From the nexus moderators on the comment thread:

To those concerned about the brief moderation of this file.

Upon first glance, there were striking similarities between this and another mod. However, after investigating, there was no creative content was found to be reused. The similarities between the mods were of a somewhat esoteric nature and while Vivid Weathers was clearly derivative in a sense, we cannot in good conscience repremand Mangaclub without setting a excessively restricitve precident, nor can we blame the other author for being concerned as the similaraties were glaring in a certain sense. Mangaclub has taken efforts to assure that these similaraties are less apparent, which is very much appreciated. So, since no creative content is contained within Vivid Weathers without permission, moderation was lifed. If you have concerns, please contact me directly and refrain from discussing this here in the comments. Thank you!
  • +1 1