The Ruffled Feather (By SparrowPrince)

Xaviien

Very good guys, great. I left my little announcement on the top for a certain crowd. It was on going and clearly littering up the comments, so I had to say something.

By the way, is there any decent Telvanni retexes? I have some exterior files I hand painted for the exterior, but the interiors were never finished so I did not upload it. I could not see any at all on a quick Nexus search.

Sorry for the double, but I just noticed there was one for interiors, but it was dropped due to the file being removed. Hmm.

Oh mobile merges the posts. My bad.

Thanks for the relies. Would these files perhaps be something you guys would want to look at? I dont want to include them in the main RF archive, but perhaps as an optional or as a seperate download elsewhere (if you do like them of course). They are 1k textures by the way.

I might as well share these things regardless. Someone may get some joy out of them. :-)

They were uploaded to the Skyrim forum yesterday. A few people were in there, but I probably put them off by mentioning they were not entirely finished. Gotta' tell the truth!

By the way I was surprised at the mention of the new rock textures I made recently for RF. Usually people don't upload photos that quickly if they are not impressed. It just shows you what I think means nothing sometimes. I'm not expecting any feedback on the red mountain mod yet, but I will have a looky now.

So the plants are a bit small from a distance. I play on a little laptop, so maybe someone with nice big screen will get better use out of it. It does work with DynDOLOD though.

cFY72tC.jpg

You can see the grass and lilies by the standing stone. I'll try to figure out how to them to be visible from any distance since some by the coast on the other side of the lake are missing. Also, there has to be a way to package the meshes and add something to the WATER - Plants.esp for LODs, I just need to learn how to do it from sheson or zilav. Maybe if I give them my second born too.

That is good to see as they are classed as trees. I added a slight flutter to them so that is why. They also have a system where parts of them (heads) disable before the other parts if you have "Detail Fade" ticked in the launcher. So... I thought some problems may have arisen. It seems okay though, so thanks very much.

If you can figure out the distance problem, please add them the this mod if you like.

Just going to bump this and say I will look into a few files this weekend for something one of my friends spotted. Apparently the wet rapid rocks in WATER don't match the other ones. So I thought if I fix that I might as well fix the UVs for all rocks in the mod, including Moss Rocks if possible. RWT and SMIM probably won't have these fixes, so perhaps it would benefit STEP users?

Anyway just hold off on updating the mod is all I am saying. :-)

Personally as of the above, I would think some testing needs to be done with the files in all water mods. You could recommened certain files from the different mods for example if they were better. I am not demanding this obviously, but water is a major part of the game and it has not been looked at with a microscope for ages, and files are constantly updated as you can see.

What do you think?

Cheers.

Edited by Guest

I'm not saying I just want my files looking into, it is just I feel people might be missing out. A lot of people who prefer PW for the transparency, like using it with a lot of files from my mod. Similarly, there are also people who don't know a lot of the files can be used with each other. I think a nice mix of what you prefer is always a good thing. I have always recommended users to mix the mods' up to their liking.

My point above is obviously if one similar mod updates something for the better, should there not be a review on the files? I think this could not be expanded past Core as it's too much work, but Core is meant to list the best options available.

Well because of that certain date soon, it maybe needs a review anyway. Since PW is not worth listing obviously (lol) you can look at those two if you want. Ess is one for the plants in my mod I think, so that is maybe something that could be included. Anyway, I don't really want to stir up a versus, more of a look at the various files. Both mods' have things the other one does not and vice versa. It would be nice to have the best of both worlds for everyone.