The Ruffled Feather (By SparrowPrince)

Xaviien

The only difference is that the RND section is installing specific files rather than folders. I'll put each patch into its own folder and see if that fixes it...my luck NMM is complaining about the stupid spaces in the ESP names. :rolleyes: The testing is the part that sucks because NMM takes 2-3 minutes to extract the file while MO only takes 30 seconds.

The weird thing with NMM though, based solely on reports as I have never used it, is it is based on the FOMM code. You would've imagined they would get the basic fomod parsing down pat.

Even more funny, I have "A guide to FOMOD scripts" out and the section is set up perfectly. I can only assume it's an issue with the files over folder option.

Just out of curiosity, could post the line(s) of the script that bugged out? I've made a few fomod/omods in the past and I like to see how/where easy mistakes are made so as to avoid them in the future.

Not a big deal, if you're strapped for time that's fine, don't want to make more work when it's not needed.

Working Code:

<group name="04. WATER + Realistic Needs and Diseases Patches" type="SelectAny">
     <plugins order="Explicit">
      <plugin name="Skyrim">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option only if you have no official DLCs.
       </description>
       <image path="Fomod\water_RND.jpg"/>
       <files>
        <folder source="00 WATER-RND Patches\Skyrim" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
      <plugin name="Dawnguard">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option if you only have the Dawnguard DLC.
       </description>
       <files>
        <folder source="00 WATER-RND Patches\Dawnguard" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
      <plugin name="Dragonborn">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option if you only have the Dragonborn DLC.
       </description>
       <files>
        <folder source="00 WATER-RND Patches\Dragonborn" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
      <plugin name="Legendary DG + DB">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option only if you have both Dragonborn AND Dawnguard official DLC.
       </description>
       <files>
        <folder source="00 WATER-RND Patches\Legendary" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
     </plugins>
    </group>
Non-working code:

<group name="04. WATER + Realistic Needs and Diseases Patches" type="SelectAny">
     <plugins order="Explicit">
      <plugin name="Skyrim">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option only if you have no official DLCs.
       </description>
       <files>
        <file source="00 WATER-RND Patches\WATER-RND Patch.esp" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
      <plugin name="Dawnguard">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option if you only have the Dawnguard DLC.
       </description>
       <files>
        <file source="00 WATER-RND Patches\WATER-RND DG Patch.esp" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
      <plugin name="Dragonborn">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option if you only have the Dragonborn DLC.
       </description>
       <files>
        <file source="00 WATER-RND Patches\WATER-RND DB Patch.esp" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
      <plugin name="Legendary DG + DB">
       <description>
        *WATER Main is REQUIRED* Select this option only if you have both Dragonborn AND Dawnguard official DLC.
       </description>
       <files>
        <file source="00 WATER-RND Patches\WATER-RND Legendary Patch.esp" destination=""/>
       </files>
       <typeDescriptor>
        <type name="Optional"/>
       </typeDescriptor>
      </plugin>
     </plugins>
    </group>
Edit:

It's not the first time I've ran into this issue and if I recall correctly is really is the spaces in the file names that it doesn't like. But I'm not up for testing that out right now.

Thank you very much.

EDIT:

I've seen code snippets like this before and another way around that is to explicitly state the destination=""

Mart's Mutant Mod uses a lot of <file source="foldername\filename" destination="foldername\filename" /> and they all work as expected.

Your code works just as well but the explicit naming allows you to rename the plugins from various folders if there are numerous patched plugins that you want to all end up as the only plugin used. Good if that plugin is named in patches from other mods.

Edited by GrantSP

Fail to get the Dragonborn EDT2 files installed with version 3.2.2 with MO... log below:

23:00:25 [D] mod id guessed: The Ruffled Feather 3-2-2-13268-3-2-2 -> -1
23:00:25 [D] passed mod id: 13268, guessed id: -1
23:00:25 [D] using mod name "The Ruffled Feather" (id 13268) -> The Ruffled Feather 3-2-2-13268-3-2-2.7z
23:03:03 [C] failed to extract Ruffled Feather v3-2-2-13268-3-2-2\05 Enhanced Distant Terrain\Dragonborn\textures to textures: Dragonborn\textures not found in archive
23:03:04 [D] installing to "D:\Mod Organizer\mods\The Ruffled Feather"
23:03:56 [D] Installation successful

When I installed 3.2.2 it put the "terrain" folder inside a "textures" folder inside the "textures" folder. I moved the "terrain" folder up a level and deleted the extra "textures" folder. The "terrain" folder included the EDT 1, EDT 2 and EDT 2 DB files. It was an easy post-installation fix.

I don't get this error but that did point out a mistake...yet again, in the STEP install option. I'll correct it.

Did you use the STEP install or Custom? Also are you using the external of internal installer? The internal installed the files correctly for the Custom option. I'm also using MO v1.2.18.

I'm reuploading the file for the STEP fix without a version change. As for Neo's error...I'll need more to go on since I'm not getting that error.

When I installed 3.2.2 it put the "terrain" folder inside a "textures" folder inside the "textures" folder. I moved the "terrain" folder up a level and deleted the extra "textures" folder. The "terrain" folder included the EDT 1, EDT 2 and EDT 2 DB files. It was an easy post-installation fix.

Not sure if this is what you meant to fix in the ninja update Tech, but it still occurred for me.

After following Kelmych's workaround, EDT 2 DB is completely overwritten by RF. So that appears to be the only issue with that part. :lol:

Redownloading now to triple check.

EDIT: Haha! I learned a little FOMOD! I think...

<folder source="05 Enhanced Distant Terrain\STEP" destination="textures" priority="1"/>

<folder source="05 Enhanced Distant Terrain\Dragonborn" destination="textures" priority="1"/>

<folder source="09 Moss Rocks" destination="" priority="1"/>

<folder source="11 Suped-Up Stalhrim" destination="" priority="1"/>

<folder source="13 Terrain Bump" destination="" priority="1"/>

Obviously the yellow "textures" shouldn't be there.

I've attached the updated ModuleConfig in an archive, though I'm sure you'll want to do it yourself.

ModuleConfig.7z

I have tested, and it seems to work as intended now, as far as I can tell.

Nope, the new file I uploaded it this:

\textures" destination="textures" priority="1"/>
\textures" destination="textures" priority="1"/>

If you don't have the ending "\texture" on the source, the FOMOD will attempt to create and place the files into a "STEP" and "Dragonborn" folder inside the Data folder rather than placing them in textures.

The file on my computer works as intended for STEP. I uploaded that file last night. For some reason, Nexus still has the old version...which makes me think they restored a cached version. This is about to drive me bonkers...! Why would they do that??? I'll reupload it again.