Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

I was very disappointed to learn of Cestral's problems and inability to continue with the mod. I spent tons of time getting rid of all of the individual mods and compacting everything into his compilation. I know the STEP team planned on implementing his mod into STEP. Is there any way a member of the STEP team can continue his mod by getting his permission, at least to update it when the current included mods are updated (which shouldn't happen too often except maybe with SMIM)? Then STEP can use his mod as a base and then add individual mods on top of it?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest SMIM patch can be added separately. Either extract it directly into your combined folders or just add the patch into your load order after your combined archive.

Vurt's Flora 1.4 I can't do anything about without checking it in game. I could easily add the new stuff in the batch, but of course I want to know what the new textures look like in game before I do so, which I can't right now. The TPC will still work as normal, but if any grass texture that was excluded from TPC 1.52 has been improved and should now be included, then that will obviously be missing unless you add it back manually.

I'm trying to arrange a new video card and with luck I might get my hands on one soon, but I don't wanna jinx it! :p I feel very passionate about this project and really, really want to keep working on it asap.

We're talking with Cestral and assuming he gives us permission to carry on his work then we're going to "evolve" the TPC into the STEP Combiner to handle most (if not all) of the conflicting mods section.  Before that happens though, we're trying to get a new version out the door ASAP with minor changes to the mod list with the addition of the current TPC (with fixes for the latest versions).

As one example, I looked at the new THISTLE01.dds in the updated Vurts mod compared with the equivalent texture from Hybrid's plant and herb retexture that was previously used in TPC. The one from Vurts is more austere and, I feel, more realistic.

SRO Dawnguard can be added separately because it doesn't share any files with vanilla. I could easily do an update to include it in the TPC though, because I don't think the textures even need to be checked. They should definitely be an improvement. Still, releasing untested things feels wrong. ^^

I'm trying to do some editing to the batch the best I can without being able to actually test it right now. It will still save me some time if I manage to get a hold of a video card tomorrow or in the future.

I would like some STEP input on a couple of things.

WATER:

What's your stand on the optional functions in this mod (Get Wet, Reduced Splash, Extra Wet Rocks and Trough Water)? Should any be avoided for any reason, or is it entirely up to the user?

HD2K:

Textures\actors\dragon priest\dragonpriest.dds

Textures\actors\goat\goat_d.dds

Textures\actors\parthurnax\parthurnax.dds

Textures\armor\dragonbone\dragonboneboots.dds

Textures\armor\dragonbone\dragonbonegauntlets.dds

Textures\armor\dragonbone\dragonbonehelmet.dds

Textures\armor\dragonbone\dragonboneshield.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\dragonpriesthelm_n.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_bronze.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_corondrum.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_ebony.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_greenstone.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_iron.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_marble.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_moonstone.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_steel.dds

Textures\armor\dragonpriesthelm\helmet_wood.dds

Textures\armor\dragonscale\boots.dds

Textures\armor\dragonscale\gloves.dds

Textures\armor\dragonscale\helmet.dds

Textures\armor\dragonscale\shield.dds

Textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrboots.dds

Textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrgauntlets.dds

Textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrhelmet.dds

Textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrboots.dds

Textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrgauntlets.dds

Textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrhelmet.dds

Textures\armor\thievesguild\m\thievesguildarmorshoesm.dds

Textures\weapons\dragon priest\dragonprieststaff.dds

Textures\weapons\nightingale\nightingalebow.dds

These are textures that were added when the TPC was in its infancy, and I honestly have never checked these textures in game, so I have no idea if they are actually an improvement or not. Any input on these would be helpful.

You are correct. I assume you mean Parallax Rocks and Mountains, which isn't in the TPC.

I suppose that I will leave the wet rocks out of the TPC. I was thinking of adding only the core function, but it would be a hassle if someone wanted to use any of the optional pieces, but then, if I add them, someone might not want them either. Not sure if adding WATER would be a good move in the first place.

We are comparing dungeon textures from TPC to those of Re-Defined Dungeons (RDD). TC has provided some screens:

TPC

Posted Image

RDD

Posted Image

TPC

Posted Image

RDD

Posted Image

TPC

Posted Image

RDD

Posted Image

I prefer TPC, as I think that the textures are generally more consistent with vanilla and a bit more realistic (although both have merit). Mostly, I don't like the over-use (IMO) of stone wall carvings in RDD, but there are other subltle diffs I like better as well. However, texture blending among adjacent rock textures seems to be better overall in RDD (esp in the first set above)

Other opinions?

Regarding the screen shots I have to say TPC ftw. It has a worn look to it compared to RDD. Seeing nice crisp texture is always nice, but it makes the dungeon look too new or something. Of course this is only my opinion.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2