Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cestral, I know you've got a fairly large mod list already but one area I find that has a lot of variation and could use "combining" are Ice mods.

That's Ice

RIS - Real Ice and Snow

Real Ice - All in One

I can't really say I prefer one over the other mainly because they all have good points and bad points. In reality snow/ice is a mix of all these put together.

Edit: After looking at it though, it appears most ice is only based off 2 or 3 files... Bethesda really should have made more variety.

I have already combined the Snow and Rocks HD cave textures in my current 1.7 build. I don't particularly like a couple of cave textures in it, but I will still use them because their sharpness and clarity are just miles ahead of the ones currently in the TPC.

I was looking at adding snow and ice textures I believe back in 1.3, but I couldn't make up my mind and ended up leaving it out in the cold, and it's been in the freezer ever since (bad joke). I might take a look at it for 1.7 again. The next update will take a while because I will be somewhat busy this week.

I hate to pile on buddy' date=' but SRO v1.5 is up. It's bigger than 1.4 too.[/quote']

v1.4 -> v1.5 (Winmerge is my friend). Hope this info helps Cestral a little at least.

Updated:

bar01.dds

bar01_n.dds

New:

ruinschair01.dds

ruinschair01_n.dds

ruinschest.dds

ruinschest01snow.dds

ruinschest_n.dds

ruinsconce.dds

ruinslongtable.dds

ruinslongtable_n.dds

ruinspot01.dds

ruinspot01_n.dds

ruinspot02.dds

ruinspot02_n.dds

ruinspot03.dds

ruinspot03_n.dds

ruinspuzzlepillar01.dds

ruinspuzzlepillar01_n.dds

ruinsspidersac01.dds

ruinsspidersac01_n.dds

ruinstable01.dds

ruinstable01_n.dds

ruinsurn01.dds

ruinsurn01_n.dds

Thanks a bunch Neovalen! Looks like you got everything covered there. I will just modify and update the batch since the conflicts will just take a second to sort out. Looks like he fixed the barset as well after I brought it to his attention so now I can add that as well over Tobe's barset. From his patch notes it doesn't appear like anything else was updated. Normally I have to go through textures that have been previously removed to see if they were changed and improved enough to be included (time stamps ftw!).

Looks like the barset texture was somewhat fixed, but it still has seams unfortunately. I've informed Starac so hopefully he will make another pass at them. I included them in TPC v1.66 anyway, but I might switch back to Tobe's again in the next version if he's unable to fix it. Here's a screenshot of it:

https://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg517/cestral/BardiskSeams.jpg

Cestral, I first want to say thank you for this mod.  Figuring out how to mesh all the texture packs is one of the biggest headaches for the average user to deal.  I have always thought there should be some way to make just one damn mod with all the textures and I thank you for it!

Regarding the ice textures, I have noticed quite a bit of problems with ice textures and how they interact with all of the different types of post processors.  Will you be including some sort of basic post processor compatibility list or is this really not needed any more?

Thanks again, LOVE your MOD!  We need to get the word out for people to donate to you so you can buy a decent graphics card!

Hi Celestral, first thanks a lot for your mod. It finally brings this texture madness to a manageable level :)

I'm curious (and haven't read the whole thread): Do you already work on an automated extraction of the packed files? This would make the handling of all those files even easier. If not I might have the spare time to help with that - although the biggest problem would be to keep the files up-to-date ( maybe through wiki-help?)