Texture Pack Combiner

Kelmych

Hi Celestral, first thanks a lot for your mod. It finally brings this texture madness to a manageable level :)

I'm curious (and haven't read the whole thread): Do you already work on an automated extraction of the packed files? This would make the handling of all those files even easier. If not I might have the spare time to help with that - although the biggest problem would be to keep the files up-to-date ( maybe through wiki-help?)

Fri (one of the other admins) is heading up a project called STEP Thunderbolt that will eventually be able to manage this for you.  There should be a thread somewhere around here for it (might be under the old name: AHC).  If you're interested in helping with automation, get in contact with him, I'm sure he'd love the help.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was included in a discussion in the DDSopt thread and was included in the optimized version of the High Res DLC that Z discussed there. That's the only place I've seen it mentioned in STEP. My DDSopt version of the High Res DLC includes the potion of these tweaks that Z recommended.

I think a found a weird area outside of Whiterun, I was setting up TPC lite for my lappy and saw this:

Posted ImagePosted Image 

I don't think this was there when I set up my PC with all the high res stuff. So far the only other things installed were fixes.

This is unfixable with textures. Blame Bethesda for creating meshes this way. :(

mattfromoz: I wasn't aware of those DLC tweaks and I'll have a look at them. Thanks!

Regarding the barset01 texture I mentioned above: I will revert those back to Tobe's texture because Starac told me to deal with it or don't use them, so it's safe to say they won't be fixed. Even if the texture itself is better, texture seams are a no-go for me.

Regarding the barset01 texture I mentioned above: I will revert those back to Tobe's texture because Starac told me to deal with it or don't use them' date=' so it's safe to say they won't be fixed. Even if the texture itself is better, texture seams are a no-go for me.[/quote']

What a dick, oh well.

Hi Celestral, first thanks a lot for your mod. It finally brings this texture madness to a manageable level :)

I'm curious (and haven't read the whole thread): Do you already work on an automated extraction of the packed files? This would make the handling of all those files even easier. If not I might have the spare time to help with that - although the biggest problem would be to keep the files up-to-date ( maybe through wiki-help?)

There is an installer in the works already which is nearly completed.

I'd like some STEP input on Soul Gems Differ, because OH MY DEAR GAWD!

With that said, are there any settings considered optimal/best? If I'm gonna start digging into this personally I'll end up spending a whole day on it, because I've never touched this mod before.

Also, 83 Willows 101 Bugs doesn't seem to be downloadable anymore. The file is hidden.

mattfromoz: I wasn't aware of those DLC tweaks and I'll have a look at them. Thanks!

Regarding the barset01 texture I mentioned above: I will revert those back to Tobe's texture because Starac told me to deal with it or don't use them, so it's safe to say they won't be fixed. Even if the texture itself is better, texture seams are a no-go for me.

cheers.

There are only a few textures and at lesat one is fixed by th uskp.

I'd like some STEP input on Soul Gems Differ, because OH MY DEAR GAWD!

With that said, are there any settings considered optimal/best? If I'm gonna start digging into this personally I'll end up spending a whole day on it, because I've never touched this mod before.

Also, 83 Willows 101 Bugs doesn't seem to be downloadable anymore. The file is hidden.

My personal selections can be found in my Custom STEP but obviously they haven't been "peer reviewed" by anyone. I don't believe there has been a recommendation in STEP itself yet, the guide just let the user decide.

Mine is basically: Original -> Blue -> Black/Red as you go higher up with slight differences based on full/not full.

BAIN Sub Packages:

00 Main

01 ESP - English

02 Black Soul - Bloody - Black - Full

02 Black Soul - with hints of red - Black - Empty

02 Blue - Aura - Common - Full

02 Blue - Aura - Grand - Full

02 Blue - Aura - Greater - Full

02 Blue - Ice - Common - Empty

02 Blue - Ice - Grand - Empty

02 Blue - Ice - Greater - Empty

02 Purple - All Purple - Lesser - Full

02 Purple - All Purple - Petty - Full

02 Purple - Sparkle - Lesser - Empty

02 Purple - Sparkle - Petty - Empty

03 Glow - Blue - Common - Empty

03 Glow - Blue - Common - Full

03 Glow - Blue - Grand - Empty

03 Glow - Blue - Grand - Full

03 Glow - Blue - Greater - Empty

03 Glow - Blue - Greater - Full

03 Glow - Normal - Lesser - Empty

03 Glow - Normal - Lesser - Full

03 Glow - Normal - Petty - Empty

03 Glow - Normal - Petty - Full

03 Glow - Red - Black - Empty

03 Glow - Red - Black - Full

04 Optional - Soul Fragments

Edit: Poor Cestral will never get any rest at this rate! Vurts Flora 1.5 released.

My choices for Soul Gems Differ have different colors for each soul gem type.

I did this too, but out of laziness I just did the rainbow with slightly darker or tinted versions for Filled.  Unfortunately I haven't looked at all of the options in-depth so I can't offer any real advice, but I'd definitely like to see some variation between the sizes.