Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Finished doing a whole lot of mods, different versions of those mods. I did all three of NMCs packs with different constraints just to see what would work best for people. I think that you can almost use the batch file to separate the exteriors from the low res pack with are 1k and then combine them with all the non-exterior textures from the medium pack with are 2k and 1k for the best setup or just reduce the size to the exteriors in the medium pack, but that takes a bit of time to process.

Didn't see any errors through the whole thing once I realized that I misspelled the Mod Extracted directory.

There were a few small errors in the original version of the mod batch files, but the current one I posted didn't seem to have any errors in the tests I ran. It's basically the same as the one for Skyrim except it prevents any interface texture from being optimized.

You mention the separation capability (exteriors from one version of a mod, rest of the textures and any non-textures from another version); you did notice the batch file can already do this and there are instructions in the DDSopt guide, right (the mod batch files work the same for both Skyrim and FNV)?  Currently it takes both exterior ordinary and exterior normal maps from the same version. It could take just the exterior normal maps if that was more useful, but there haven't been a lot of discussion or use of this feature to data. 

Thank you so much for this amazing guide! Finally i can enjoy a proper modded New Vegas! The game have never been this fun nor looked this good! Unfortunately there now is an awful high risk of me going to be suffocated in exclamation marks! And this sir, is your responsibility!

There were a few small errors in the original version of the mod batch files, but the current one I posted didn't seem to have any errors in the tests I ran. It's basically the same as the one for Skyrim except it prevents any interface texture from being optimized.

You mention the separation capability (exteriors from one version of a mod, rest of the textures and any non-textures from another version); you did notice the batch file can already do this and there are instructions in the DDSopt guide, right (the mod batch files work the same for both Skyrim and FNV)?  Currently it takes both exterior ordinary and exterior normal maps from the same version. It could take just the exterior normal maps if that was more useful, but there haven't been a lot of discussion or use of this feature to data. 

I like that it splits the exteriors and exterior normals. What I meant is that I can run the batch files on the NMC small package and get the 1k exteriors separate from the rest of the mod, then run the batch files on the NMC medium and get all the 2k stuff that is not exterior textures. From there I take the 1k exteriors from the small and 2k other stuff and make a combo that is better for performance. It takes less time than optimizing all the exteriors from the Medium pack from 2k down to 1k. It does seem to work for me for all the mods, but I'm still not sure about what exactly the errors are or what I should be looking for. I compare the inputs and outputs to see if there is anything missing, but other than loading up the game and running around a bunch of different places I can't see anything wrong.

The vanilla stuff seemed to work out just fine when in game. I spent about 40 minutes going from place to place to find errors and I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. 

Thank you so much for this amazing guide! Finally i can enjoy a proper modded New Vegas! The game have never been this fun nor looked this good! Unfortunately there now is an awful high risk of me going to be suffocated in exclamation marks! And this sir, is your responsibility!

If you are worried about suffocation I could ban you from the site? No, I didn't think so.  ::P:

Glad you like it.

Finally just finished installing through "Covering the Mojave". Nexus is being a slow butt today so I think I'll come back to finish the rest of the guide later.

Yeah, it is suckin butt today. It's actually had issues ever since DarkOne made a post about how stable everything was. I guess their stability can't match the power of the Steam Summer Sale.

Even my iron will could not resist the power of the summer sale.

Continuing on that note, TTW is a bit of a project. I've been trying to read up on the TTW forum (I'm afraid STEP has spoiled me a bit, it ain't no STEP over there, seems maybe more chat oriented). I'm finding it a bit challenging to get up to speed, although if I understand correctly its the FO3 mods and FNV global overhauls that require patching & care (the FNV specific mods that don't cross-pollinate to the Capital Waste should be copasheeshee). Anyways, I think I have the appropriate mods patched & can proceed with assembling a MO / TTW profile for some early testing.

Hey EssArrBee was just having a peek through latest NV mods and found this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56198/?

I already use Exeter's chains as a neck seam coverer, just thought maybe it may be something at least worth a look. 

Saw that too. Been contemplating as better solution of neck seems. They are just awful, Skyrim wasn't perfect about them, but did a much better job than older Beth games.

Version 6.7.0.0

Added divide by zero exception support.

Added preliminary stack overflow exception support; this will be improved.

Increased game INI setting length limit (intended for sArchiveList, from 255 to 8191).

Altered specific game error message logging; these will likely change further.

Minor code optimizations.

NVAC changelog. 

Very important future feature. That is one to watch for stability.

Partial Nitpick implementation.  :gnome: 

If someone want's to test the INI thing try dumping as many BSA mods into the data folder until FNV doesn't start, then update NVAC and see if the new version will allow the game to launch. If so then I might have go make a little donation to Queue, since he added that after I asked him to look into it.

I think just reinstall any mod with a BSA, then get the advanced recon that I haven't added yet. Those are easy to setup with the UI. Install the thermal nightvision, move it in front of OneHUD (probably next to the other advanced recon mods), start FOMM and reactivate uHUD. The stealth gear just install and stick it with the other armors. That is three BSAs with long names.

One thing to try is putting them all in the INI and seeing if it 255 long strings can be exceeded. I don't know if the limit on plugin loaded BSAs is fixed yet, but there may be some more of these type of fixes coming.

Hey folks, I went through the latest build just a week or so ago and everything is running great (again). Been playing on Hard Hardcore and dying quite a few times of course. Because of that I'm getting a lot of death cams (meaning when I die the camera points at me and laughs and laughs and laughs).

My problem is that these death cams take forever to go to the load screen to load up my last save. By 'forever' I mean it's a good 20 or 30 seconds before it cuts to loading my last save.

Is there a tweak or setting or mod that has made it this way? I seem to remember them being much shorter on my last playthrough of the pack. Thanks for any help.

Hey folks, I went through the latest build just a week or so ago and everything is running great (again). Been playing on Hard Hardcore and dying quite a few times of course. Because of that I'm getting a lot of death cams (meaning when I die the camera points at me and laughs and laughs and laughs).

My problem is that these death cams take forever to go to the load screen to load up my last save. By 'forever' I mean it's a good 20 or 30 seconds before it cuts to loading my last save.

Is there a tweak or setting or mod that has made it this way? I seem to remember them being much shorter on my last playthrough of the pack. Thanks for any help.

Not sure, but I know there is a killcam reduction mod in the guide, supposed to cut the kill cams in half.

I finally got a definite answer to the FNVEdit Undelete and Disable References problem. There is a bunch of info that is way over most people's heads, so I'll spare you that. The guy who created the xEdit program explained it to me and said it's an engine problem, not a FNVEdit problem. This mainly affects flora, so there are still plenty of things that can be cleaned, but for now I would recommend that you only use the Remove "Identical to Masters" records option when doing plugin cleaning.

NVAC helps this problem for some reason, but I get lots of NVAC log spamming probably from LOD data exceptions trying to crash to game. I still don't think UDR's from mods like Vurt's WFO should be cleaned to reduce the amount of exceptions that NVAC has to handle in the first place. That's better for long term stability, probably.

TL;DR Don't clean UDRs, FNVEdit can't fix them.