Gemling Queen Jewelry (by Saerileth)

CJ2311

From the mods description page, "meshes included in this replacer are curtesy of MadCat221 from True Circlet Gems",

re- compatibility (quoting the mod author) "Gemling Queen Jewelry only affects the circlet gemstones, so it's fully compatible with mods that replace the metal textures, such as Better Circlets HQ and AEterna Circlets. My mod does not overwrite the vanilla gemstone texture (circletstones.dds), instead I have the meshes point to my custom textures. So you can still use texture replacers for the onyx and moonstone gems, but sapphire, emerald and ruby will not be affected. You can mix and match to your heart's content!"

Take a look at the Gemling Queen Jewelry page for a graphic depiction. Looks like another great fit for STEP.

Edited by redirishlord

Oh, wow! Saerileth, you are an awesome little lady! I look forward to trying this out.

...those people who read the BG2 LP on the LP Archive or have firsthand expierence with the NPC mod of the same name would laugh their heads off at the previous line. I do geniunly like Saerileth's creations (all of them that I've looked at), but, at the same time, I can't believe I actually said that...

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback. I'll see if I can get some comparison screens for the gems up soonish.

@WilliamImm: In retrospect I can't remember why I chose the name, I couldn't be more dissimilar to her character. It sure is pretty, but by golly Saerileth must be the most annoying adorable NPC I have ever had in my party. I never had the heart to uninstall her to date, but I find myself avoiding the Temple District just so I won't have to meet her. :D

Comparison screenshot:

Posted Image

These shots were all taken with vanilla lighting, no ENB and no other mods active. Only compares the gemstone textures / meshes, the circlets themselves (the metal parts) are all from Better Circlets HQ. I have an animated comparison on my mod page, but Gimp successfully butchered all quality while exporting, and Nexus' imagesize limit took what was left, so there's not much point posting it here.

Edited by Saerileth
  • +1 4

Saerileth released a preview of her new ring meshes:

Posted Image

She's also working on some brand new circlets for inclusion in CCO:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm really impressed with the quality of her work.  I definitely feel that her circlets and dragon claws belong in STEP.

• +1 3

Saerileth released a preview of her new ring meshes:

Posted Image

She's also working on some brand new circlets for inclusion in CCO:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm really impressed with the quality of her work.  I definitely feel that her circlets and dragon claws belong in STEP.

DAT RING <3 Omg, finally someone's doing the rings right!

Actually the band mesh and texture is from SMIM (used with permission from Brumbek).

Really? It looks a bit different. That's how screenshots made by someone else can easily trick you :P

The gems, the gems...

Edited by Octopuss

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

Working hard on the rings, but having a tiny bit of trouble getting the skinned mesh to work (the one you actually see on your character when equipped, the sreen is just the inventory art). I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

Those are indeed Brumbek's meshes, but I may actually make some minor changes. The poly-count is insane for such a small object, and while I agree that it looks much better than vanilla (which is more an octagon than actually round), I think I can save some performance while preserving the shape.

• +1 2