Gemling Queen Jewelry (by Saerileth)

CJ2311

I know, I just get very frustrated when things don't go my way, and currently all my modding projects are on hold because of one thing or another not working. Doesn't make a good combination with my extreme impatience. :D

I actually found solutions to both my current problems after I calmed down, by doing some better aimed research (the trouble with google is finding the right search words to get the answers you need). So maybe I should spend more time trying to solve things on my own and less time whining. XD

Yeah, I noticed Nexus forums is a bit disorganised. For starters, it seems people can't decide whether mod questions belong in Mod Talk or Mod Troubleshooting - as a result, both are swamped with threads asking about load order. I still think there's a shortage of tutorials for certain things. There's an abundance of them covering the easy stuff, like first steps in the CK, but when I'm faced with an unusual problem or need information about a specific detail, I usually end up figuring it out myself. I can kind of understand that, writing tutorials takes time, and they don't get downloads or endorsements. The even harder part is actually finding the information, even if it's out there. So I'll go ahead with a good example - I'm going to put up a new forum tab on my Gemling Queen Jewelry page where I will post WIP stuff of all my current projects, and whenever I overcome a particular hurdle that I cannot find information about anywhere else, I'll write down my findings. Maybe someone will find it helpful.

Well, enough off topic. The amulet release will be delayed for a few days, because I need to fit four kinds of necklaces (plain, normal, and two kinds of jeweled) to the high weight body by hand. This will take time. Fortunately I've got some free time on my hands over Easter. :)

Edited by Saerileth

I've uploaded a new amulet retexture made by Gamwich to my optional files. He made it specifically for my different gemstone placement in the jeweled necklaces. Screens:

Posted Image

With this Gemling Queen Jewelry can fully replace Jewels of the Nords. The textures are completely optional though, if you like JotN better you can still use that.

• +1 1

Will inventory compares be enough, or do you need game world shots? It's very time-consuming to get two exactly matching shots of an item with two different textures...

Edited by Saerileth

Answer; I've got Amulets 3.0, Circlets 2.0, Rings 2.0 all installed, no plugins just meshes and textures. Overwrites CCOR, Jewels of the Nord, SMIM in places (all for the better IMO).

New Question; I have JotN installed early as part of STEP with the Gemling suite installed after (overwriting as I prefer GQJbS), however four files from JotN are not overwritten (texturesarmoramuletsandrings genericamulets.dds genericamulets_n.dds & genericrings.dds genericrings_n.dds), do you know if these files used in the vanilla game?

Edited by redirishlord

Will inventory compares be enough, or do you need game world shots? It's very time-consuming to get two exactly matching shots of an item with two different textures...

inventory should be okay. Just need to compare the textures against one another.

Those are the textures for the craftable rings and necklaces (e.g. Gold Ring, Silver Emerald Ring, Gold Jeweled Necklace, Silver Necklace - just to make sure we're all talking about the same thing). In other words, those are the textures for the items that I replace meshes for.

Now the ring textures (genericrings.dds, genericrings_n.dds) are no longer used at all if my ring module is installed, because SMIM changed the UV map of the rings (the layout of the texture). I use SMIM textures at a custom texture location.

As for the amulets, the new optional file on my mod page replaces exactly those two remaining files (genericamulets.dds and genericamulets_n.dds) so if STEP chooses to include those you can cut Jewels of the Nord. Not saying you should, it really comes down to personal taste... I really like pfaffendrill's textures as well, so if you do decide to remove JotN, could you add a note to the installation instructions that those can still be used? I'd really like people to know that they have a choice here. But it might make things a bit too complicated.

I'll put up comparison screens tonight if I get the time. In the meantime, I do have these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

They're not quite side-by-side, but close enough.